What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Pretty expensive food though, as I will have to fly from overseas (Norway) :D
LOL...a must in that case...I think surf n turf (filets and lobster tails & scallops) will be my first effort for my daughter's birthday.

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
"Shakedown, 1979... cool kids never had the time...."
1979 LP pressing of Candy-O in VG+. Oh my Lord this sounds good.. Made me smile right off the hop at Let's Go. Pick one of these suckers up if you haven't, thank me later. Elektra X5E-507 Canadian pressing.
Silent as ever, huge dynamics, the drums absolutely dropkick you in the chest, the guitar and cymbals are crisp and clear, vocals are up front and precise without being shrill or harsh. 5 stars, and I'm Edna Krabappel when it comes to marking records for SQ.

If anyone is curious like I was about the "Vargas" at the bottom right; "The album cover was painted by artist Alberto Vargas, who was known for his paintings of pin-up girls that appeared in Esquire and Playboy magazines in the 1940s through the 1960s. The idea to hire Vargas came from drummer David Robinson, the band's artistic director and a collector of pin-ups. The 83-year-old Vargas had retired several years earlier but was persuaded to take the assignment by his niece, who was a fan of the Cars. The painting, depicting a woman sprawled across the hood of a car, was based on a photo shoot directed by Robinson at a Ferrari dealership. The model, coincidentally named Candy Moore (famous for having played Lucille Ball's onscreen daughter on The Lucy Show), briefly dated Robinson afterward." Some of those paintings still sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I can see why! I'm a femme and I want to date her too :p
Candy-O.jpg

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
"Shakedown, 1979... cool kids never had the time...."
1979 LP pressing of Candy-O in VG+. Oh my Lord this sounds good.. Made me smile right off the hop at Let's Go. Pick one of these suckers up if you haven't, thank me later. Elektra X5E-507 Canadian pressing.
Silent as ever, huge dynamics, the drums absolutely dropkick you in the chest, the guitar and cymbals are crisp and clear, vocals are up front and precise without being shrill or harsh. 5 stars, and I'm Edna Krabappel when it comes to marking records for SQ.

View attachment 25879

I love that album!!! :)

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I idolized billy corgan (william now i guess) back in the 90s. Over the years tho I really turned against him. He's a wack job now that believes in shape shifters and I think he chased the rest of the band away and ruined what they once had. I've heard him on howard stern a few times over the years and just cant stand the guy anymore. I can't even listen to their old stuff now and I probably listened to siamese dream thousands of times. Makes me sad really. Oh well.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Just bought dual PB 4000's for the home theater system. Got them all dialed in. Man they sound amazing. I just got off work this afternoon have the next 3 days off. I'm not planning on going anywhere the next 3 days. Really looking 4ward to some quality time with these beauties.
20180915_202513.jpg
20180915_202313.jpg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well I just went thrift shopping ( love seeing if I can find a deal) and picked up Rocky for .99 and an old Sony and fm for 10 bucks
Man I love thrift shopping there's stores all over here in San Antonio. You can score some killer deals

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So which movies are on the list?
Well some standards for me
Annihlation
Both Deadpools
Den of Theives
Donnie Darko
Inception
Edge of Tommorow I'm a little scared of that one tho I must admit I've heard horror stories of what it does to subs
Logan
Mr Brooks
Ninja Assassin :guilty pleasure:)
Pacific Rim
SunShine
Split
Gravity
Do you have any good suggestions? This actually a great idea for a thread lol

J

Jeff5347

Audioholic
Man I love thrift shopping there's stores all over here in San Antonio. You can score some killer deals
I agree. I think the tuner I got was part of someone's whole home audio as there was a bunch of other stuff but wasn't sure it was worth anything. I now it was a whole set drop off as everything had labels of wiring and hookup all in the same handwriting. Probably bought all new after 25 yrs and didn't want to bother with selling everything. I live in Mass so finding quality consignment shops is hard

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Well some standards for me
Annihlation
Both Deadpools
Den of Theives
Donnie Darko
Inception
Edge of Tommorow I'm a little scared of that one tho I must admit I've heard horror stories of what it does to subs
Logan
Mr Brooks
Ninja Assassin :guilty pleasure:)
Pacific Rim
SunShine
Split
Gravity
Do you have any good suggestions? This actually a great idea for a thread lol
Hacksaw Ridge is a fun one for explosions. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis