KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, what I'm getting at is that we are quickly approaching a time where technological advances in the auto industry are now asking philosophical questions!

What about further in the future when your car does not even have a steering wheel?
Oh, that's easy! By then we will all have chips implanted and the car will quickly identify and crash into the person of lower ranking on the TKSESI (the Trump-Koch Socio-Economic Stature Index)!:eek::D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I had every option on my Mercedes but chose a smaller driving package on the Bimmer as I didn't think I would miss a few of the convenience driver assistance items like active lane assist and adaptive cruise. Turns out I did like the active lane assist as it made it way easier to do conference calls, while eating and driving with my knee....

I did get all the safety additions....because....ummmm....because I do conference calls and drive with my knee...

Crap...now that I think about it, adaptive cruise probably kept me from slamming into the back of people when I wasn't watching because I was eating, on a conference call and returning emails....:eek::);)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I had every option on my Mercedes but chose a smaller driving package on the Bimmer as I didn't think I would miss a few of the convenience driver assistance items like active lane assist and adaptive cruise. Turns out I did like the active lane assist as it made it way easier to do conference calls, while eating and driving with my knee....

I did get all the safety additions....because....ummmm....because I do conference calls and drive with my knee...

Crap...now that I think about it, adaptive cruise probably kept me from slamming into the back of people when I wasn't watching because I was eating, on a conference call and returning emails....:eek::);)
Idiot proof car, meet, the better idiot.

SheepStar

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It's good that you modded your car! You know what they say, you can never have too much power when your doing email, conference calls, eating, and driving with your knee!

Last edited:
Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Got the M40 about where I want it. Ran it at the track and pulled 4.15 sec 0-60 mph, 60ft time was 1.77 sec with some tire spin, 1/8 mile was 7.95@87.03 mph and 1/4 mile was 12.48@101.42.
Your 1/4 mile trap speed is a lot lower than I would expect. Car and Driver clocked 107mph. Is 101 a typo?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That is all I am trying to say.. Is CVTs cant' take the abuse of the cars they are putting them in today. Again Buy what you want .. Don't care
CVTs belong in snowmobiles and old man ATVs!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

your joking of course ..........

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Nope and that MPH is about right for driving a box in the 1/4 mile....
No, it means you got a great launch and your power output is falling for some reason after about 10sec. Guessing about this remotely is about as fruitful as tuning an audio system without hearing it. I think your mods need a tune-up, ya know, just accidentally falling onto your engine like they did.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
No, it means you got a great launch and your power output is falling for some reason after about 10sec. Guessing about this remotely is about as fruitful as tuning an audio system without hearing it. I think your mods need a tune-up, ya know, just accidentally falling onto your engine like they did.
agreed, mph should be 105-110. My '86 Monte Carlo ran 10.17 @ 134

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Did you mod the brakes or put a chute on it, or both?
No, you don't need laundry(chute) until 150mph. Obviously the motor was not 'stock', rather 462 ci, Dart Pro one heads, Calles crank, rods, JE forged pistons, Edelbrock, 990cfm of Holley
PICT0018.JPG

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
No, you don't need laundry(chute) until 150mph.
Seriously?... stock Monte brakes from 1986 would reliably stop the car from 134mph in time? I wouldn't have guessed. Even stock 1986 Corvette brakes weren't all that impressive, and the Monte Carlo was hardly a performance machine. Lots of room under the hood though. Is that a nitrous bottle off to the right?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Obviously the motor was not 'stock', rather 462 ci, Dart Pro one heads, Calles crank, rods, JE forged pistons, Edelbrock, 990cfm of Holley
462ci? A Ford Mel 462 block on a Chevy?? Blasphemy I tell you, Blasphemy!! ;)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Seriously?... stock Monte brakes from 1986 would reliably stop the car from 134mph in time? I wouldn't have guessed.
disc up front, drums in the back. Maple Grove was my home track, remember T/F cars are running 335 through the traps, granted they throw the laundry out but the shut down area was plenty for a measly 134 mph.

Lots of room under the hood though. Is that a nitrous bottle off to the right?
Never would a nitrous bottle be allowed in the engine compartment. It contains 2 quarts of oil, in the event of a loss of oil pressure it immediately sends it's contents into the bottom end of the motor to protect the crank.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Never would a nitrous bottle be allowed in the engine compartment. It contains 2 quarts of oil, in the event of a loss of oil pressure it immediately sends it's contents into the bottom end of the motor to protect the crank.
Agree on nitrous positioning totally, but didn't think of an oil canister so nitrous came to mind.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis