What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

I thought about used, even filled up my cart with them, but became skeptical of the condition ratings on Amazon. I don't mind buying used when it's in person and I can inspect the disc. One vendor in particular had every single CD listing as "Very Good", even some 15+ year old albums; Amazon's policy on conditions are a little broad. "A well-cared-for item that has seen limited use but remains in great condition. The item is complete, unmarked, and undamaged, but may show some limited signs of wear. Item works perfectly." That could be open for debate when trying to get a refund on a disc that has scratches; some might say that's normal wear. The vendor I bought from had brand new for only a couple more dollars each, even on par with used for some. Like $6 CDN for brand new, can't go wrong. I know I take pristine care of my stuff, can't say everyone else does. Leaving CDs out, face up or down on the table because they're too lazy to put it back in the case.
Yeah, I've had really good luck with used CDs online, either Amazon or eBay. Back when Hastings was still around, I would often choose them as the vendor and never had any issues with them.

I also really like Half Price Books. Actually going into the store to browse, and you can actually inspect the CD (or vinyl) before purchase.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Is it just me or is blue jeans getting more expensive?
Although Blue Jeans assemble excellent cables, I find them a little expensive.

Recently, following someone else's recommendation, I ordered interconnects from Redco Audio Inc. They are located in Stratford, Ct. They have a well designed website on which you can calculate the cost for custom made cables.
With them, you can also choose among several types and brands of cable and connectors. They do an excellent job as well and their prices are more reasonable. Chris Stubbs is the manager and is rather helpful when you deal with him.

If you ever order from them, please let us know your experience.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I got these KEF R50's today. They are used but impossible to tell from new, fair price. Now still waiting for the AM230 MDC module for my NAD T758 avr. The need certainly ramped up now, it's the only thing I'm missing!
R50_instaledl_test.jpg

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I got these KEF R50's today. They are used but impossible to tell from new, fair price. Now still waiting for the AM230 MDC module for my NAD T758 avr. The need certainly ramped up now, it's the only thing I'm missing!
View attachment 23658
Awesome Ken! Looking very good. You are one very lucky dude. Feel free to post more pics if you don't mind. Just love looking at other members setups. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Awesome Ken! Looking very good. You are one very lucky dude. Feel free to post more pics if you don't mind. Just love looking at other members setups. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Thank you, Phil. I'd like to say I work hard for my toys, but in truth...I don't break a sweat. Work smart, not hard. Of course there are a great many who can have nicer, and do.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Yup, I got two pairs to use for height channels for Atmos/Auro.
How did you come to find those particular speakers out of the sea of offerings? They sure look nice, but I never heard of them before, even though they're only 50 miles from me. They seem to be devoid of details, reviews, and specs.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
How did you come to find those particular speakers out of the sea of offerings? They sure look nice, but I never heard of them before, even though they're only 50 miles from me. They seem to be devoid of details, reviews, and specs.
A while back name source audio was mentioned often by old timers.
If you are looking for high performance on wall speakers or sound bar, sound source is the big dog

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not looking, just curious about them. I'll stick to doing business with the companies I know, so I have support if needed.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not looking, just curious about them. I'll stick to doing business with the companies I know, so I have support if needed.
I'm further away from them than you are and I've never had problems with support ;)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
It's not the distance, it's the resources. KEF has been one of the best companies I've ever dealt with. When I bought the demo model R500 from my dealer, one of the threaded caps for over the free end of the spikes was missing the little rubber center insert. How obscure of a part is that? I e-mail KEF, and got one for free. They threw in a T-shirt and some other swag too. I'll assume you have the same level, but it's probably a one guy thing and if that guy quits...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It's not the distance, it's the resources. KEF has been one of the best companies I've ever dealt with. When I bought the demo model R500 from my dealer, one of the threaded caps for over the free end of the spikes was missing the little rubber center insert. How obscure of a part is that? I e-mail KEF, and got one for free. They threw in a T-shirt and some other swag too. I'll assume you have the same level, but it's probably a one guy thing and if that guy quits...
Definitely not a one man operation like say Philharmonic Audio.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got his latest CD. His productions are always fantastic:

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Just got ahold of these from @William Lemmerhirt. JBL S38II. They are in very nice, dare I say, "like new" condition. I also own a pair of the S312 towers so I had some great expectations from these and they do not disappoint!

It seems that JBL occasionally likes to play jokes on the industry with these comparatively inexpensive surprises. Is half of why I've been such a fan of theirs over the years. In spite of the snootiest of snoots with regard to SQ, I have never done without a great listening experience using even their more affordable products.

Pardon the mess. Grandkids have taken over the planet.

I have them currently crossed over at 80hz to my twin RSS315 subs. This is a wonderful thing!

I should also add that William was great to deal with. It was all in all, a fun transaction.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just got ahold of these from @William Lemmerhirt. JBL S38II. They are in very nice, dare I say, "like new" condition. I also own a pair of the S312 towers so I had some great expectations from these and they do not disappoint!

It seems that JBL occasionally likes to play jokes on the industry with these comparatively inexpensive surprises. Is half of why I've been such a fan of theirs over the years. In spite of the snootiest of snoots with regard to SQ, I have never done without a great listening experience using even their more affordable products.

Pardon the mess. Grandkids have taken over the planet.

I have them currently crossed over at 80hz to my twin RSS315 subs. This is a wonderful thing!

I should also add that William was great to deal with. It was all in all, a fun transaction.
What have you got on top of your subs? They almost look like cinder blocks painted white, but aren't those speakers?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis