speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Pandora input level on mine is very strong, I used the source level adjust to bring it more inline with others. Setup menu > Inputs > Source Level
Thanks! Will be sure to check it out tomorrow. Getting a bit late tonight. Have a good weekend!

Cheers,

Phil

J

JRT3

Junior Audioholic
I'm guessing that your health problems don't include being a type 2 diabetic, from the size of your chocolate stash. I shake every time I see your pix... Snickers... yum... hey, there are speakers in that picture!

I had lost 54 lb by Feb, when I tore my left thigh flexer - while stretching. When I finally regained my mobility, I tore the right one. Never take your health - or your mobility - for granted. Music does help my recovery.

You have an enviable system - have you tried it as a bare, ie, no sub, stereo system, without the 'correction'? I found my use of my JBL SUB 550P superfluous with my simple stereo system, comprised of an Onkyo C-7030 CDP, an Emotiva 50 Wpc MiniX A-100 amp, and a pair of Klipsch RB-81ii's. I had the sub fed from the Emo amp's daisy chained outputs, pre it's volume control. I used a remote volume control between the CDP & amp, so the sub would track properly. I forgot to turn the sub on one day... I really didn't need it for listening to music. Sometimes, less is more! Seriously - no loudness contour, no tone controls, no sub - it's up to the CDP, amp, and speakers - and their placement.

Again, congrats on your system!

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I just read the manual and found that the X4000 in fact is a little different
In the X4000 you can check & set individual speaker distance, crossover and volume from: Settings > Speakers. Distance and crossovers you can see and change right from that menu. For volume, you have to select Manual, then adjust while it plays the test tones. Subwoofer volumes can be set w/o the test tones.

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
You have an enviable system - have you tried it as a bare, ie, no sub, stereo system, without the 'correction'? I found my use of my JBL SUB 550P superfluous. Sometimes, less is more! Seriously - no loudness contour, no tone controls, no sub - it's up to the CDP, amp, and speakers - and their placement.
I am doing the same with my system (Onkyo Tx-8020, Kef ls50).... maybe it is because I have a crappy sub (Yamaha YST-SW012) but it sounds better without a sub. Having said that I doubt I would not use my subs if I had two great one like Phil!!

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I am doing the same with my system (Onkyo Tx-8020, Kef ls50).... maybe it is because I have a crappy sub (Yamaha YST-SW012) but it sounds better without a sub. Having said that I doubt I would not use my subs if I had two great one like Phil!!

I have tried mine with and without sub, definitely better with sub so you must be right about the "crappy" thing. I am using just one Rythmik sealed sub. My room is medium sized but with large opening to a much larger space so I don't doubt in a small room sitting within 8 ft I could live those little ones without a sub.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I'm guessing that your health problems don't include being a type 2 diabetic, from the size of your chocolate stash. I shake every time I see your pix... Snickers... yum... hey, there are speakers in that picture!

I had lost 54 lb by Feb, when I tore my left thigh flexer - while stretching. When I finally regained my mobility, I tore the right one. Never take your health - or your mobility - for granted. Music does help my recovery.

You have an enviable system - have you tried it as a bare, ie, no sub, stereo system, without the 'correction'? I found my use of my JBL SUB 550P superfluous with my simple stereo system, comprised of an Onkyo C-7030 CDP, an Emotiva 50 Wpc MiniX A-100 amp, and a pair of Klipsch RB-81ii's. I had the sub fed from the Emo amp's daisy chained outputs, pre it's volume control. I used a remote volume control between the CDP & amp, so the sub would track properly. I forgot to turn the sub on one day... I really didn't need it for listening to music. Sometimes, less is more! Seriously - no loudness contour, no tone controls, no sub - it's up to the CDP, amp, and speakers - and their placement.

Again, congrats on your system!
Yes, I am a Type 2 Diabetic. Have been ever since I was 26-years old. Really don't eat much of the chocolates as they merely are for sale. Will have a Snickers every once in a while. Really like the PayDay candy bars, but can't make any money on those. Hence, that is why you will NOT see any in my pics....LOL!!! It is good losing all that weight. The Injuries to your thighs sound very painful. Hope you get to feeling better.

Have played the Taylos w/o my subs some. Believe it or not, but the SVS Ultras have better low end in terms of extension. But, the Taylos have more detail is that makes sense. The Taylos are more engaging as they draw you in more. Make no mistake, however, the Ultra are very good as well. Prefer to use my subs when listening to my Taylos. Thanks for your compliments! Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
In the X4000 you can check & set individual speaker distance, crossover and volume from: Settings > Speakers. Distance and crossovers you can see and change right from that menu. For volume, you have to select Manual, then adjust while it plays the test tones. Subwoofer volumes can be set w/o the test tones.
Yeah, have learned to navigate around the menus for the most part. Have gotten batter at making adjustments and/or tweaking to my tastes. I have used my RS SPL analog meter to set my subs levels before. But, Audyssey does just as good as my SPL meter from what I can tell. Guess, I could always go back in a double check it via my SPL meter. Might make my subs more precisely calibrated, no? Thanks for the tips Herb.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

Thanks for the compliments. Hang in there you will get there sooner or later. YOU certainly are off to a good start w/the LS50's. Keep an eye on the B-stock PSA S1500's. Both of mine are B-stocks and work just fine.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have tried mine with and within sub, definitely better with sub so you must be right about the "crappy" thing. I am using just one Rythmik sealed sub. My room is medium sized but with large opening to a much larger space so I don't doubt in a small room sitting within 8 ft I could live those little ones without a sub.
Peng, the Taylos sound much better w/my subs playing. The Ultras had more low end extension. But, the Taylos are much more engaging w/more detail and resolution. Am drawn in more with the Taylos. But, the Ultras are no slouches in thier own right. Still regret selling them.

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Might be due to lack of bass management in the avr/sub. You have same signal going to speakers and sub....overlapping since you don't have the ability to set a crossover between speakers/sub in the avr, not even a low pass filter from what I can see of that sub model....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
For some reason, mine is NOT showing a "check results" option. Hope i have NOT done something wrong. Did NOT rerun Audyssey. No need to as it sounds fantastic now! Thanks for the help Peng!

Cheers,

Phil
That's all that matters after all stop fussing and enjoy the heck out of it. :p Do you have the remastered Black In Black from 2003?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That's all that matters after all stop fussing and enjoy the heck out of it. :p Do you have the remastered Black In Black from 2003?
That's right....LOL!!! I looked on my ACDC CD case and it says 1998,2003. So, I think I do have that one. It sounds fantastic! Better than I ever heard on any of my set-ups. The Linbrooks also sounded amazing, but they were on top of my subs whereas the Taylos are on 24" stands. Not to mention, the Linbrooks were 4-ohm and the Taylos are 8-ohm. That may explain why I prefer the Taylos. :D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I had a feeling I have the old version and it sounds kinda flat. Was rocking them on my HSU. Noticed that the speakers were out of sync. I guess when I was cleaning 2 weeks ago they shifted. I'm still amazed by them.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I had a feeling I have the old version and it sounds kinda flat. Was rocking them on my HSU. Noticed that the speakers were out of sync. I guess when I was cleaning 2 weeks ago they shifted. I'm still amazed by them.
Maybe you have the 1998 version. Mine sounds really good. The Eagle's Hell Freezes Over on dvd sounds very good as well. It was recorded in 1994. As for cleaning, that is my least favorite part....LOL!!! BTW, Red Hot Chili Pepper's Californication cd is also recorded very hot!

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I have HFO too. Has to be the best live concert beside Elvis That's The Way It Is(Special Edition). I have RHCP greatest hits and Concert video. They are awesome. Flea is amazing. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have HFO too. Has to be the best live concert beside Elvis That's The Way It Is(Special Edition). I have RHCP greatest hits and Concert video. They are awesome. Flea is amazing. :)
Like minds think alike...LOL!!! Yes, Flea is amazing. Chad Smith is no slouch behind the drums. That drum off is hilarious. But, Chad does look a lot like Will Ferrell. Believe it or not, Will can actually play. Can't wait for the second drum off that will include Lars Ulrich. That is going to be a blast!

Cheers,

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
That's right....LOL!!! I looked on my ACDC CD case and it says 1998,2003. So, I think I do have that one. It sounds fantastic! Better than I ever heard on any of my set-ups. The Linbrooks also sounded amazing, but they were on top of my subs whereas the Taylos are on 24" stands. Not to mention, the Linbrooks were 4-ohm and the Taylos are 8-ohm. That may explain why I prefer the Taylos. :D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil
I don't know how big your room is but if it is relatively small the Taylos could in fact sound better, with the help of subs of course. You have two highly capable S1500 and XT32/SubEQHT to make sure they play the lows in harmony, so no wonder they sound so good.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know how big your room is but if it is relatively small the Taylos could in fact sound better, with the help of subs of course. You have two highly capable S1500 and XT32/SubEQHT to make sure they play the lows in harmony, so no wonder they sound so good.
My room is not very big coming in @1440 ft.^ 3. In fact, my entire apartment is not very big. Just a 1BR. My Denon just does a better job w/the Taylos when compared to the Linbrooks. Both really need outboard amplification imho. But for the time being, things sound very good.

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Where will the JBLs go? Bedroom? Or time for the Taylos to go already? How loud do you get in that apartment where you need an outboard amp?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis