speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Why not look now as to what your crossovers are set to rather than guessing? You can check now without affecting your current xover settings (or you can change them without needing to re-run Audyssey as well).
Went in and checked the X-overs on my Taylos just a few minutes ago. The Taylos are set to "small" with an 80 Hz X-over setting. Went back in to manual and set the LFE back to 120 Hz as it originally was. Also, Dynamic EQ is enabled whereas the Dynamic Volume and LFC are turned OFF. Have increased the bass levels up just 3 db. Sound pretty darn good imho. Very pleased with the results. The Taylos are incredible! Thanks to ALL of you for the help!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Agree, it should take less than 20 seconds to get to that screen and press check results to see the results including the crossover settings. I was going to ask him to do exactly that but forgot.

View attachment 18428
For some reason, mine is NOT showing a "check results" option. Hope i have NOT done something wrong. Did NOT rerun Audyssey. No need to as it sounds fantastic now! Thanks for the help Peng!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
BTW, with Dynamic EQ on and Dynamic Volume and LFC both set to off, what is Refernce Level Offset mean? It is set to 0. Is that where it needs to be? Bit confused on this one. Once again will appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Got Pandora set up now. Sounds very good! Wow! Had to turn it down....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
For some reason, mine is NOT showing a "check results" option. Hope i have NOT done something wrong. Did NOT rerun Audyssey. No need to as it sounds fantastic now! Thanks for the help Peng!

Cheers,

Phil
I just read the manual and found that the X4000 in fact is a little different, that you probably cannot access it from the menu like I an with my Denon AVR-4308 and Marantz prepros, but you can still access it by connecting the MIC. See below:

upload_2016-6-17_16-48-5.png

Try it and see if that works. If it does, as it should, just press check result, do not press start obviously, unless you want to re-run Audyssey. Like you said before, if it sounded good now, don't waste time playing with it and start enjoying the movies and music.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
BTW, with Dynamic EQ on and Dynamic Volume and LFC both set to off, what is Refernce Level Offset mean? It is set to 0. Is that where it needs to be? Bit confused on this one. Once again will appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil
From the Owners manual page 157:

upload_2016-6-17_16-52-36.png

I find "0" in fact works very well for movies and my REW graphs also show it seems to be doing the right thing. For music I think the 5, 10 and 15 are just guidelines, you have to pick your own based on the preference, definitely not 0 for sure.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I just read the manual and found that the X4000 in fact is a little different, that you probably cannot access it from the menu like I an with my Denon AVR-4308 and Marantz prepros, but you can still access it by connecting the MIC. See below:

View attachment 18434
Try it and see if that works. If it does, as it should, just press check result, do not press start obviously, unless you want to re-run Audyssey. Like you said before, if it sounded good now, don't waste time playing with it and start enjoying the movies and music.
Okay I will try it when i have the time. Thanks for the tip! ACDC's Back In Black sounds just incredible. Pandora actually sounds pretty good. HD Radio is decent. Sometimes, things don't sound so good and the Taylos are reminding me of that. My Boston's Third Stage CD sounds good, but really have to turn it up whereas Back In Black is just splendid. Now I really know what people are referring to when something is mixed well vs the not so well!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
From the Owners manual page 157:

View attachment 18435

I find "0" in fact works very well for movies and my REW graphs also show it seems to be doing the right thing. For music I think the 5, 10 and 15 are just guidelines, you have to pick your own based on the preference, definitely not 0 for sure.
Been listening to music all afternoon on 0 and it sounds very good. But, will experiment some with the off-sets. Thanks once again for the help Peng! What would I do w/o you....??????

Cheers,

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Been listening to music all afternoon on 0 and it sounds very good. But, will experiment some with the off-sets. Thanks once again for the help Peng! What would I do w/o you....??????

Cheers,

Phil
More Googling, I suppose.:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Cheers,

Phil
I think your Denon avr is closer to mine in the way the menus/access works. The way I directed you to manual speaker settings is the easiest to check/adjust crossovers on mine unless you do the check thing right after doing an Audyssey run.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I think your Denon avr is closer to mine in the way the menus/access works. The way I directed you to manual speaker settings is the easiest to check/adjust crossovers on mine unless you do the check thing right after doing an Audyssey run.
It will say "see results" after running Audyssey. I can go in and check levels and X-overs if need be and stuff like that. Got things sounding pretty good from what I can tell. Appreciate your help!

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Went in and checked the X-overs on my Taylos just a few minutes ago. The Taylos are set to "small" with an 80 Hz X-over setting. Went back in to manual and set the LFE back to 120 Hz as it originally was. Also, Dynamic EQ is enabled whereas the Dynamic Volume and LFC are turned OFF. Have increased the bass levels up just 3 db. Sound pretty darn good imho. Very pleased with the results. The Taylos are incredible! Thanks to ALL of you for the help!

Cheers,

Phil
Cool! I misstated a bit...you can raise crossovers from those you find set in the avr post-Audyssey, otherwise lowering the crossover opens a gap so to speak as to where the Audyssey filters work.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Cool! I misstated a bit...you can raise crossovers from those you find set in the avr post-Audyssey, otherwise lowering the crossover opens a gap so to speak as to where the Audyssey filters work.
Yeah, I got it taken care of with the exception of the off-sets. Going to experiment with that tomorrow. The Taylos do NOT need any toe-in at all. Soundstage is huge and very wide. Very impressed so far.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Off-sets?
When you turn on Dynamic EQ is has an off-set option. Mine is set to 0. It is explained in post #66 up above. For movies it is recommended to use 0. But, I am more about music then movies, so plan to experiment some see what works best for me. Not sure if it really makes much of a difference, but do plan to find out.

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
When you turn on Dynamic EQ is has an off-set option. Mine is set to 0. It is explained in post #66 up above. For movies it is recommended to use 0. But, I am more about music then movies, so plan to experiment some see what works best for me. Not sure if it really makes much of a difference, but do plan to find out.

Cheers,

Phil
Ah, the RLO (Reference Level Offset). I usually use 0 for movies on disc, most streaming, not always for movies or content generally from television stations, sometimes I need to do 5 or 10. Music is all over the place but most often 5 or 10. It is used in conjunction with DynamicEQ which needs to be enabled (at least on my unit). It's subtle but depends on source/content.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Ah, the RLO (Reference Level Offset). I usually use 0 for movies on disc, most streaming, not always for movies or content generally from television stations, sometimes I need to do 5 or 10. Music is all over the place but most often 5 or 10. It is used in conjunction with DynamicEQ which needs to be enabled (at least on my unit). It's subtle but depends on source/content.
Yeah I have to also enable Dynamic EQ then set the off-set. Right now it is on 0 and music sounds real good. ACDC's Back In Black sounds amazing as does the Eagle's Hell Freezes Over on DVD. However, when I played my Boston's Third Stage CD really had to turn the volume up a bit. Got Pandora set-up this after noon. It sounded real good, but Lord did I ever have to turn it down. Plan to experiment some more and see what I come up with. Getting a little better at tweaking the setting thank to ALL of you!

Cheers,

Phil

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Awesome! I love the setup process. I would say that I'm anal, but ( there's two) Alex might take it the wrong way and call the crew in:eek:
Glad all is going well, enjoy the sound

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pandora input level on mine is very strong, I used the source level adjust to bring it more inline with others. Setup menu > Inputs > Source Level

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Awesome! I love the setup process. I would say that I'm anal, but ( there's two) Alex might take it the wrong way and call the crew in:eek:
Glad all is going well, enjoy the sound
Yeah Everett getting there slowly but surely. Just trying to have a little fun along the way. Thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis