What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
OTOH, I used to live in NC and could see you guys toting Lazy-boys out in the yard to set up a vigil!
No "toting" necessary. Lazy-boys, sofas, fridge and TV w/ rabbit ears already out there. Friends all know to honk or holler before they come out of the woods. :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe I'll shoot a video after I get it hung....
I got my hook assembled and powder coated, and I've been waiting for the past few weeks for the right amount of wind. This evening, the time has finally come.

P

Poultrygeist

Junior Audioholic
An HDMI audio extractor

This cool little device allows extracting the digital audio signal from a Roku 3 and sending it to a non HDMI AV receiver. Has a switch for 2 channel or 5.1.

CDogg

CDogg

Junior Audioholic
Vinyl:
Duke Ellington Masterpieces - Mono
Kenny Burrell Blue Lights Vol. II - Mono
Melody Gardot My One And Only Thrill
Phoebe Snow Self Titled
Roger Waters Amused To Death

Phono Cartridges:

AT-MONO 3/LP
Denon DL-110

Audio Gear:

Custom AR XB

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Dell Precision M4600 laptop refurbished from Dell. I needed a business class machine to run some CAD and CAM software for school. Also ordered extra 16GB of RAM (supports up to 32) and a 240GB SSD for it. Should run everything with ease with the quad i7 and the nvidia Quadro graphics.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
@Lulimet I thought you were going to sell some laptops, not buy more. Change your mind about re-acquiring a pair of Veras?

I bought a laptop, too -- a used one from an Amazon seller for $200. It just arrived this afternoon. :)

It's an HP Pavilion x360 Ultrabook. It has a quad-core Pentium N 2.16GHz processor, 4GB RAM, an 11.6" display, brushed aluminum palm rest, and weighs < 3 lbs. I thought about getting a 500 / 512GB SSD for it, but the 500GB platter drive seems to be plenty fast for now. Where it really gets fun is when I flip the display all the way behind the keyboard and put it into tablet mode. Its multi-touch screen is set to auto-rotate, and I can switch from landscape to portrait just by turning it upright, just like my phone. It came with Win 8.1, which lasted for about 2 hours while I created a factory recovery image then forced a clean upgrade to 10. (Device Manager shows one Unknown Device after the Windows Update installed all it knew to install, but it doesn't seem to be anything I can't live without. I haven't discovered yet what it is that doesn't work.) I doubt I'll do much CAD on it, but I daresay it will end up with REW and an ebook reader of some sort sooner or later.

Last edited:
Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I had already ordered it when I saw the Vera sale thread.
And no, I did not change my mind. :D
I have two other laptops that I need to sell. I bought this Dell because it has the horsepower to run the programs I need.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Bought me a much needed kinda short haircut. Enough of the Morrison look. :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Mackie CR3 multimedia speakers and a nice 4k Dell 27" monitor. Now I can pretend to be a pro :D

What's the word on those CR-3?

Did you pay $100 for the pair? I see that is what Amazon has them for
http://www.amazon.com/Mackie-CR-CR3-Reference-Multimedia/dp/B00KVEIY4E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439843364&sr=8-1&keywords=studio+monitor

In particular, how would these work as a "garage speaker" or a "beater speaker"?

I'm looking for something relatively small that I could set up easily in various locations where I'm working, just background music, and I wouldn't be irritated if they got dirty/greasy. For the price, these seem to fit the bill. What's your opinion on these so far???

Could these plug into my phone (Galaxy S6 Active) with ease?

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I paid $100 but didn't get them Amazon because they charge sales tax here in WA.

They are too good to be garage speakers or beaters. They don't deserve to get dusty and dirty :D

And yes, you can plug them into your phone no problem. Mackie even supplies the 3.5mm to RCA stereo cable.
Just remember that one of the speakers is powered and need to be plugged into an outlet.
Highly recommended as desktop speakers.

P

Poultrygeist

Junior Audioholic
My second dual chip TPA3116. Marvelous SQ, blows away other chip amps and cheaper than yesterday's lunch.

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
I bought a One Pound Snickers bar... :)

But then I had to hire a stunt double to eat it...

onepoundsnick.jpg

Not a great investment... :oops:

W

whgarrett1394

Audioholic Intern
Recently got the Talking Heads DVD-A Box Set. Love it!

Yesterday I received Queen's ANATO on Blu-ray. Great mix!

Ordered the DVD 5.1 of Division Bell by Pink Floyd. It's lossy, but $14.99 is a whole lot cheaper than $100 for the deluxe with hi-res surround.

Besides that I've been on quite a hip hop kick.

Jay-Z Reasonable Doubt
Raekwon Only Built For Cuban Linx
2Pac Me against The World
Ice Cube Death Certificate

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Just ordered region free Bluray from amazon.com.uk for $27.00 taxes and shipping included.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis