What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
View attachment 16373
View attachment 16374
Soundbar for bedroom from A4L. System "learns" TV remote, so don't have to use a second remote. Big footprint so TV can set on top of it. Only use is for TV News in the morning. $200 is pretty cheap. We'll see how much it improves clarity/voices.
This thing arrived. Easy set-up. Easy to teach it the satellite remote. Like it better than the broken Bose it replaced for a couple reasons.

The sound is outstanding compared to the TV. It has 3 modes, one simulates surround, one stereo and one straight out the front. Not sure how much difference they really make. There is a row of little LED-lit icons on the front that are used for a number of things, including like a volume bar. This is useful as the Bose had no visible indications other than an on/off light.

It has auto on & off. It can "learn" your TV or cable/sat remote for volume and mute. The only reason for us to keep the soundbar remote is for the Day/Night setting. "Night" equalizes the volume within a show and for commercials. As we often put on a "sleeper" show at night to fall asleep, leveling out the commercial volume is a feature we like and use, and this one really works.

The Denon doesn't have quite as much bass as the Bose, but it cost less then half as much and bass is not so important for the morning news or a nighttime sleeper. And hopefully will not break after a year.

All in all, we like this unit. We'd buy it again. In fact, we are buying another one for my mother.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How is the battery life?
Have not put it through its paces yet, but it said it would last about 8hrs. Pretty impressed with it for the very low price and for what I need it for, it exceeds my expectations.

Last night picked this up. Really liked this film.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, the turntable I wanted is out of stock until possibly September. I told them I'd keep the order until it is back in stock and in the meantime I ordered one of these to hold me over.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Well, the turntable I wanted is out of stock until possibly September. I told them I'd keep the order until it is back in stock and in the meantime I ordered one of these to hold me over.

I haven't used a turntable for 30 years, but how does the "OUT USB" work, and how would you use it?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

Geeze, that USB cable looks like it would fit my Iomega media player. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I haven't used a turntable for 30 years, but how does the "OUT USB" work, and how would you use it?
It allows you to digitize your Vinyl collection. Basically you run the USB cord to your computer and you can record straight to your computer as the record plays.

Not sure if there's any other functionality.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Bought on the bay 2 weeks ago and got it today. This for my TV and Projector, so I can plug both on my receiver and not have to keep unplugging everytime I wanted to use the projector or TV. Works nicely thus far and only 7 bucks and it's nice and tiny too:

Last edited:
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
My OPPO BDP103D will be here Monday. Then I can finally sit back and enjoy the new LG79UB98 :)
Enjoy! I have the 103, (no "D"), and love it. Lately the unit quit ejecting after playing a disc. Neither the button on the unit nor the remote worked. Had to power down, then back up to eject.

Sent email to Oppo. Got a quick reply. Unplug for an hour, hard reset, restore factory settings, turn off BD Live. It worked. System is fine now. Great unit and customer service!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Have the 2D, but have not seen it. I read the 3D was good so...Used and cheap:

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Mackie CR3 multimedia speakers and a nice 4k Dell 27" monitor. Now I can pretend to be a pro :D

B

Big Jake

Junior Audioholic
View attachment 16264 Bought one of these today to replace my 16 year old John Deere Sabre
I had a tiny little John Deere STX-38 for years. Would take hours to mow my acre plus, so finally last year I bought a 2012 JD X720 Ultimate with only 112 hours on it, still has warranty.

"Nothing runs like a Deere"... :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis