What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Discovered a local winery about a 20 minute drive from where I live. Wine tasting was free. The owner, a friendly jovial and easy going South African set up shop in 2010. Some of his vintages have earned him 2nd place awards in the international wine show in France competing against 4000 other entries. I really liked a lot of his wines, not all of them mind you. Ended up buying bottles, 6 white that my better half chose and the remaining 6 in red that I liked.

http://www.jabulani.ca/index.html#intro

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Finally got this used cheap. :)
I got it on sale cheap. It's a good one.

Just got this pretty cheap WITH the Jurassic World cash too, which effectively brings the price down even more.

And this one as part of that sale also, basically they gave me $1 to buy it lol (Repurchase since it was one of the stolen titles)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looking forward to Monsters Vs Alien it looked great in a 3D demo I have. I got the JP in 3D too. I might check it out this weekend. It got great reviews for the conversion. Looking forward to getting the new one in Bluray 3D as well.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
Not again... Just bought another James Loudspeaker M1000 Sub Amp. Should go very well with the new James 1200PTM we just bought...

Well when I get all this figured out might have to sell one or two of my subs...

Attachments

B

Big Jake

Junior Audioholic
Dual Rythmik FV15HP's

Sweet... dual subs... only way to go.

I got a smokin' hot deal on a pair of Monster THX 200 sub towers on ebay in like new condition. I enjoyed them and always thought they sounded pretty good, very nice looking too. That is right up until one of them developed a loud buzz. Have no idea if it was the speaker or the amp, but amp is my guess. Now I have a sub tower with no amp and can't decided to either sell it or try and find an amp to modify into the tower.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
Just ordered another Monoprice 8 outlet Home Theatre Power Center.

On sale...

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
My wife gave me her blessing to order myself a Father's Day gift. Of course, I did what any self-respecting audiophile would do and ordered a new piece of audio gear.

It's got what every audioholic wants: analog source, highly resonant output stage, and matte black finish.

I debated long and hard between the Music of the Spheres Mongolian Alto chimes and the Corinthian Bells 50" chimes. After listening to samples of each (MotS, CB), it sounds like the tuning of the MotS set is a bit more meticulous. The Corinthian Bells set sounds lovely, but there's a wohwohwohwoh interaction between the chimes indicating the tuning of one or more chimes is a few cents off. I actually heard the CB set locally and heard the same indication of almost-but-not-quite-perfect tuning. I hope the MotS set sounds as pure as the sample. Maybe I'll shoot a video after I get it hung.

If I were single, I probably would've gotten the Japanese voicing. It's a lot more interesting, striking a minor 11 chord. I doubt my family would've appreciated it as much as the more traditional pentatonic intervals though.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
My new turntable Pro-ject Xperience should be here today. Screw up from the seller sent it to another person so I am hoping it gets to me ok with the extra trip around the country.

I also broke down and bought a Parasound A23 so I could have the matching set up. :cool: I really needed it.:rolleyes:

I am going to need to sell a couple of amps. I think I will have 5 extra right now. Nothing all that powerful but great for desktop systems or extra zones.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis