What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
Thanks for the quick response, I could still change my order!
You are most welcome Sir.There are so many different brands selling the same exact speaker cylinder,with who knows what inside,that I can only recommend what I bought and know works,just to play it safe....cheers

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have logged about an hour comparing the EOS to the BS-22.

One thing for sure - they are modest with their 83 db sensitivity rating
They seem more sensitive than that - I am finding that I tend to have
to turn down the volume and not up.
Agreed, the Pioneer BS-22 are rated 85 dB and are not as loud as the EOS. I had to turn down the EOS to match the volume.

Since you are use to the Pioneer and Energy speakers - you may be taken back, by the EOS sound signature - they have more of a somewhat robust stage presence, that closer to the front feeling. However, they have a good dimensional sound field - it will be an adjustment for some people.
The first thing that stood out for me (because it was the first thing I listened to), was how much more full and resonant Eric Clapton's voice was with the EOS. On the PIO, his voice was clearly thinner. With Norah Jones, the voice was a little fuller with the EOS, but the dimensional sound field you mention was the bigger effect! I am surprised with how much better the EOS is than the Pioneer in these regards. I was expecting more subtle differences.
I am curious to see how it compares to the Energy RC-10, but my daughter is going to bed, so in another day or two...

I am one who believes that bass can get a little better after a couple of days, and to me the bass got a little better - however, the Pioneer will have more
bass.
Mine have not yet had much play time, but it is pretty clear they won't surpass the Pioneers. The bass is good, but Pioneer/Jones did an amazing job with the 4" driver on the BS-22's. I haven't played any demanding bass material yet.

You should be surprised by the size and weight of the speakers.
You are right. Had I thought about the price, I should have been, but as it is, my speakers in this size range are the Energy RC-10 (which I hope to compare soon) and the EMP 41B. They are both pretty heavy for their size so the EOS did not stand out.

Overall, the EOS is more open and airy. I was surprised at how weak the pioneer was as competition for midrange and treble. This morning, I started listening to the Pioneers for about 15 minutes to make sure they weren't damaged. I enjoyed their sound well enough, it wasn't until switching to the EOS that their faults were revealed.

It was interesting how much more the EOSs did with Claptons voice, while Norahs, not so much. I don't know if the EOS is particularly good at Claptons range or if it is a weakness of the Pioneers.

These are great speakers for ~$110/pr shipped and replace the Pioneers as a value leader if you will use with sub.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Mine have not yet had much play time, but it is pretty clear they won't surpass the Pioneers. The bass is good, but Pioneer/Jones did an amazing job with the 4" driver on the BS-22's. I haven't played any demanding bass material yet.

You are right. Had I thought about the price, I should have been, but as it is, my speakers in this size range are the Energy RC-10 (which I hope to compare soon) and the EMP 41B. They are both pretty heavy for their size so the EOS did not stand out.

Overall, the EOS is more open and airy. I was surprised at how weak the pioneer was as competition for midrange and treble. This morning, I started listening to the Pioneers for about 15 minutes to make sure they weren't damaged. I enjoyed their sound well enough, it wasn't until switching to the EOS that their faults were revealed.

These are great speakers for ~$110/pr shipped and replace the Pioneers as a value leader if you will use with sub.
The Pioneer has more bass - however, with a subwoofer it is not that big a deal.
The space, air and dimension of sound is what gets me - I am still amazed. The
resolution from these hidden gems is rare for $100.

Now as far as the weight for the size - It is rare to find a $100 one, the size of the
EOS that weighs 8.5 lb. The $225 dollar RBH/EMP 5Bi speakers only weigh 7.5 lbs.

It is nice that you have confirmed, that my ears are not filled with wax.o_O:)

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Now as far as the weight for the size - It is rare to find a $100 one, the size of the
EOS that weighs 8.5 lb. The $225 dollar RBH/EMP 5Bi speakers only weigh 7.5 lbs.
That was my point, I should have factored cost, but only considered speakers I had that size (which cost substantially more). But thanks for pointing out the weight of the 5Bi.
My 41b weigh 12 pounds each! I know the 41B are better, but had no idea there was such a huge difference in their weight!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
That was my point, I should have factored cost, but only considered speakers I had that size (which cost substantially more). But thanks for pointing out the weight of the 5Bi.
My 41b weigh 12 pounds each! I know the 41B are better, but had no idea there was such a huge difference in their weight!
I expect the 41b to be better than the EOS for sure - however one day,
I would like to run the EMP/RBH 5Bi against it.

The bass of the EOS does go below 70hz - and still has some response at
55 hz with the A1 electronic bass note, and 55 hz A1 note with the organ.

While the Pioneer has better bass, it is more boomy to me - compared with
the EOS speakers.

elwaylite

elwaylite

Audioholic
Yeah, big upgrade swap at once. Sounds great, will be buying the RC64II center that matches the towers in about 2-3 weeks, and then I will be done.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Which Klipsch are those?
I love the Klipsch attitude. Their subs crank to 11, and now "Pissing off the neighbors since 1946!" That is just fun!:)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I expect the 41b to be better than the EOS for sure - however one day,
I would like to run the EMP/RBH 5Bi against it.

The bass of the EOS does go below 70hz - and still has some response at
55 hz with the A1 electronic bass note, and 55 hz A1 note with the organ.

While the Pioneer has better bass, it is more boomy to me - compared with
the EOS speakers.
I agree the pioneer is a bit boomy, but it is crazy what they get out of that 4" woof!
The EOS is much better behaved for pairing with a sub in a 2.1 only using the crossover of the sub for bass management (IOW, not using an AVR to manage the bass).

Do you know how well the EOS handles power? I have them setup in a 11' X 11'-6" bedroom. I can crank them as loud as I would ever want in there. I will move them to my HT room eventually, but if you have pushed them hard, it would be good to provide info on how they compare to the PIO in that aspect.

elwaylite

elwaylite

Audioholic
Which Klipsch are those?
I love the Klipsch attitude. Their subs crank to 11, and now "Pissing off the neighbors since 1946!" That is just fun!:)
RF7II fronts and RC62II center. Getting an RC64II center soon.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Do you know how well the EOS handles power? I have them setup in a 11' X 11'-6" bedroom. I can crank them as loud as I would ever want in there. I will move them to my HT room eventually, but if you have pushed them hard, it would be good to provide info on how they compare to the PIO in that aspect.
My bedroom is about the same size as yours - I can crank them louder
than my ears can handle - so far they have not burped - I am going to
try to push them a little harder - they have nice dynamics for their size
and price - they do have a 12 db octave network on both the woofer and
tweeter. So far from my memory, the Pioneer does not really play any
louder and the EOS is more clean and clear sounding.

I want to find a way to get them measured some day.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
:)Finally got a good deal on this DVD used ebay. Can't wait...
Got this today in mint condition. I will watch it this weekend.
also got the Piano Concerto No 1 / Piano Concerto No 2 Hybrid SACD (it's 3 channel, but sounds nice) wonder if TLSguy has it?
Man alot of speaker buying going on here. I'm absent 3 days and whoa.:eek:

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan

Looks like we may be the only 2 people for now. I contacted eoswireless.com
and Solid Signal, and none seem to be available at this time - hard to say if
any more will show up. IntelliTouch marketing missed the boat on this.

Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth Music Transmitter or Receiver (A2DP)
I bought this last year, but never had a reason to take it out of the box until today :eek:.
I `m in the middle of test driving some active speakers,and figured it would be fun to geek out some options.
This can transmit or receive A2DP Bluetooth.I paired it with my phone,then hooked it up via RCA cables to my preamp,then to my studio monitors.I did not expect anything but hum,but boy was I wrong,this thing really works ,and sounds good.I immediately paired it with the original Peachtree Audio Deep Blue to test the transmission distance.My office is in the back of the house,the Deepblue is in the garage at the front of the house.This thing is great,it transmitted a good distance through 4 walls.NO DROPOUTS.
150502_002.jpg
150502_003.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis