What are you watching tonight?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
yes, one of the better new TV shows
Sweet. I may start watching Forever---- after I finish s06 & s07 of Sons of Anarchy. :D

Right now the wife is hooked on s01 of "Nashville". So I am probably stuck on that for awhile. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I watched Forever 2014 s01e01 last night. I am not completely hooked or sold on this show yet. It doesn't have that serious dark dire mood I like (i.e. The Walking Dead). :D

The direction of "Forever" is more like "The Flash", instead of more like "The Arrow". I am not sold on "The Flash" after watching episode 1 either.

Then again, I wasn't hooked on The Wire or The Sopranos until episode 4 or 5. So hopefully this is the case.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Just finished watching 12 Years A Slave. How human beings could treat others in such a manner is beyond comprehension. And to think that it still goes on today in some places...:eek::mad:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How human beings could treat others in such a manner is beyond comprehension.
I haven't seen the movie, but I'm right there with you - and I don't restrict "others" to mean "humans" (not saying you do). I think anyone beyond some legally defined "age of reason" who demonstrates a lack of respect for the lives of others should forfeit any legal right to have theirs respected. For example, if you kick a dog, then I have the legal right to beat you in the street. Okay, I'm sure there's some slippery slope there... :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yes Adam, mistreatment of animals is reprehensible too. But vigilante justice is hardly better. ;) The movie is excellent, by the way. It's just difficult to watch.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, since it is 2015, I will say that the 3 best movies of 2014 to me were:

1. Edge of Tomorrow
2. The Equalizer
3. Maleficent

I liked The Hobbit, Gone Girl, The Drop, Interstellar, and a few others, but these were not the best to me. :D

One of the worst of 2014 was Exodus.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General

Live Die Repeat Edge of Tomorrow (2014) picked this up yesterday morning cheaply. dtsHDMA 7.1 with expansion overhead/below surround / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL.

After a few minutes I settled on a fader of -6.0db that was plenty loud enough.

The JBL 8330 mkII I was pleased with the playback as well as overhead/below diy expansion surround the room was immersed enough with seats vibrating.

Opening credits has low end lows below 20Hz. Waterfall is monitored on THX sound system 3417 via the test output to the laptop and the waterfall above is MIX or LCR levels combined or can be checked at any channel.

Closing credits had low end as well the whole film LCR (mix) I even played repeated end credits for at least 100 minutes as it sounded cool and the mix here used music on all channels unlike some 7.1 mixes where only sound effects are used on rear stereo back surrounds. Keep listening...!

Live Cat Repeat The Edge of Claws. :D

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Picked up yesterday The X-Files Fight The Future (1998) bluray. I was going to do a sound X-test A, B, C of Laserdisc dts vs DVD vs blutray on few scenes to check waterfalls and in-room SPL db to see if there is any small noticeable differences, but not gotten around to it, but I will sometime this week?

Helicopter blasts into chapter 3 across LCR then drops down form on the overhead surrounds to centre stage.

Dialogue track remains clearly focused here on the JBL control 12SR with Lucasfilm THX professional crossover.

Helicopter is later heard on right surround and phantoms a few seconds later between right surround and stage front right then pans across to centre stage and exits off in the distance on left stage with a windy atmosphere blowing around as the scene is set high up on the rooftops.

The Nokia phone ringing sounds so realistic I look around for my old Nokia. :D

The bomb going off was so devastatingly loud the first impact jolted me back in the Irwin rocker seat as the roaring fiery flames engulf the building down into rubble.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, since it is 2015, I will say that the 3 best movies of 2014 to me were:

1. Edge of Tomorrow
2. The Equalizer
3. Maleficent

I liked The Hobbit, Gone Girl, The Drop, Interstellar, and a few others, but these were not the best to me. :D

One of the worst of 2014 was Exodus.
EoT was pretty good, but Guardians of the Galaxy was better :)
Got it but Haven't seen Equalizer just yet. Haven't seen Interstellar yet, but have high expectations. (please no spoilers)

For me 3 worst movies of 2014 are:
1. Chef
2. The Maze Runner
3. Divergent

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I liked Divergent.

Been watching Vikings on Prime. Not too bad so far.

Watched a bit of Cowboy Bebop on BD and WOW does it look great compared to the old DVDs. Have been too busy to watch a lot of stuff lately.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Divergent for me was huge mess of stolen borrowed ideas ;)
Tried to ride the same popularity wave of hunger stuff, but imo failing miserably in most of plot points.
It's still quite the show if one just stops thinking about it - I don't like this sort.

I like Cowboy Bebop stuff myself - they always have quite unique style to both visuals and story like.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis