Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Niki and my turkey is in the fridge, ground up and in a container - just waiting to be cooked up on Thanksgiving. :) I'm wondering what other stuff I'll get. We just finished off some ham last night, but maybe I'll grab some more.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Niki and my turkey is in the fridge, ground up and in a container - just waiting to be cooked up on Thanksgiving. :) I'm wondering what other stuff I'll get. We just finished off some ham last night, but maybe I'll grab some more.
your sick:eek:
Doing all that laxative testing starting with the ground is easier on the system.

Nothing says thanksgiving like stuffing your self and trying the latest and greatest purge pill.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Looks good but thanksgiving isn't for 2 days?
Right you are. We still do holidays at Mama's house. Kind of centrally located and none of the kids have to drive more than a couple hours. Problem is that all the women folk spend so much time in the kitchen preparing, then cleaning up so Mama doesn't have to do it. This year we're trying to minimize prep and cleanup at her small house in her very small kitchen.

Carving the turkey, both for the meal and leftover containers, takes up her whole counter, and contributes significantly to cleanup congestion. So this year I'm gonna carve the turkey at my house, and just take a platter of meat. I'll also slice the breasts and make some take-home packages so everyone can have sammiches after they go home.

So cook the turkey yesterday, slice and prepare platter and sammich-meat packages today, go to Mama's tomorrow morning with no-muss-no-fuss meat and doggie bags. I brined the turkey for 24 hours, and monitored internal temps w/ wireless thermometers while cooking. So I hope it will still be good and juicy when warmed up tomorrow. We'll see. If not, it won't be the first time I ruined the holiday meat. :)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
So cook the turkey yesterday, slice and prepare platter and sammich-meat packages today, go to Mama's tomorrow morning with no-muss-no-fuss meat and doggie bags. I brined the turkey for 24 hours, and monitored internal temps w/ wireless thermometers while cooking. So I hope it will still be good and juicy when warmed up tomorrow. We'll see. If not, it won't be the first time I ruined the holiday meat. :)

Sounds like a good plan but how do you keep from picking all the way up until tomorrow?

The trick to dry turkey is wet gravy, good for lubricating your heart pump too...

I am doing another chicken inside the turkey, we have labelled them Turchickens, like a turduckin, BUT no duck, people don't seem to like the duck.. It makes for easy carving {just cut straight across the breast, its all meat}.. I deboned it today and its been soaking in the brine for a bit now, I will pull it from the brine then stuff and sew it up tomorrow around 4am... I am way to good at taking all the bones out of poultry now...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I cut out of work at noon and traffic was pretty hairy. The snow/sleet was coming down. Banging a left in front of a bus fish tailed the truck. I jammed it into 4WD. Now it's jammed in 4WD. I'm home though. YAA is probably checking into a motel.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I cut out of work at noon and traffic was pretty hairy. The snow/sleet was coming down. Banging a left in front of a bus fish tailed the truck. I jammed it into 4WD. Now it's jammed in 4WD. I'm home though. YAA is probably checking into a motel.
That would've never happened with the FoFo.
Did you try backing up while trying to get it out of 4wd?
Good luck.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
If you have a shift and not a button, put it in nuetral on level ground with your foot off the brake and wiggle it around... If that doesnt and its a shift style then take the motor off and turn it with a wrench with no power going to it... If its auto track with the button its probably a fuse issue, there are 3 fuses I believe, the one in the truck will do nothing unless the buttons are no longer lit up. You did have a chevy right?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I made it home and in only 5.5 hours. Drive wasn't too bad until I hit NY when all the rain almost immediately turned to slush and snow. Things got a little hairy, but it had more to do with the other motorists than with the weather.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Did you try backing up while trying to get it out of 4wd?
Not yet.

The manual might have said it might take a minute. I engaged the 4WD 2 minutes from home and didn't want to spend the time finding the manual. Between the rain and the knee I just wanted in. I can ask the original owner how it works. I've been working with him recently. He said he used 4WD often which is kind of what got me to try it. I figured, how hard could it be? (Oh no ... waits for the 'diamond cutter' response)

Well, I made it home and in only 5.5 hours.
I'm stunned. Now you're looking at all the audio gear that you use to own. Didn't you leave some subs up there?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Started by Whoopi. Here's the real thing. Still seems to be popular...

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds like a good plan but how do you keep from picking all the way up until tomorrow?
Ha! I don't! After slicing all, had 4 carcasses to pick. Picked half a gallon baggie of nice, juicy, near the bone white meat. Sammiches lunch and supper yesterday. WooHoo!!!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Niki consistently insists that I get up between 4-5am...but then after she eats, she goes back to sleep for a couple of hours. Yesterday morning, I had this video in my head and almost said it.

But, I didn't. Like a faithful man servant, I got up, got her breakfast, and then found stuff to do until she was ready to go out for her walk. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis