What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks interesting. Curious to see what you think of it.
I skipped the game controller for an extra $40. Would like to see how I like the box first before I think about gaming on it and I don't really need it for games, though Amazon indicates 1000+ free titles will be available to Prime members.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Cnet seems to like the Amazon Fire so far but say a couple of popular apps are missing like HBOGO,etc. They say the amazon prime movies pop up lighting fast, but the other apps Netflix has a load up time like the Roku 3 a bit slower. My Roku 2 has been rebooting alot lately when I'm watching a movie. I wonder if it has to do with the last firmware? I guess I'll be buying one soon...Waiting for your thoughts JG.:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Cnet seems to like the Amazon Fire so far but say a couple of popular apps are missing like HBOGO,etc. They say the amazon prime movies pop up lighting fast, but the other apps Netflix has a load up time like the Roku 3 a bit slower. My Roku 2 has been rebooting alot lately when I'm watching a movie. I wonder if it has to do with the last firmware? I guess I'll be buying one soon...Waiting for your thoughts JG.:D
I mostly watch Netflix and Prime anyway, so the other 125 apps don't mean a lot to me :) Sometimes Crackle and Pandora. They know that, so sort of a way to get you to try others as well just like Roku.

Netflix has been slow period because of the ISPs (Comcast, TW) IMO, not because of Netflix. I notice it too on my PS4; Prime loads and runs much better than it ever did and Netflix was giving me SuperHD and now varies quite a bit even after it has had time to buffer. I have the Asus router now too, which has faster WiFi and I still get average quality with Netflix. I have Verizon up north not Comcast, so we'll see if there's a difference.

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
My brand new UTurn Orbit. Was very nervous with that first needle drop of how it might sound, but to be honest I was blown away -- Dire Straits sounded awesome!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats on the new table. The Obit is a solid design which should serve you well. If you can, try and get Dire Straits's Love Over Gold album which is an exceptionally well recorded album.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like Amazon fire has a optional Plex app ($1) so it might be all that useless after all

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I have a new toy being delivered tomorrow. Then another next Wednesday. Then hopefully I'll be picking a little something up the week after that. :D<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:135%;}</style>

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
^^Did you hit the lotto? :p
I wish :rolleyes: :D

I'm replacing two amps that I sold, one I have, one is arriving tomorrow. I'm more excited about the one tomorrow because it seems like no one can get their hands on one. The one next week was an ebay deal I ferreted out and it just happened to fill a need at exactly the price I could afford. The one two-ish weeks from now is one I've been saving up for as a replacement for something that was sold a few months ago. It took me a lot longer than I thought it would to scrape the funds together for that last one, but it will be EPIC.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:135%;}</style>

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Panasonic Blu-ray player BDT230 - my faithful Pioneer is fading away
Panasonic on sale at Best Buy for $89

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
This morning bought on amazon used/like new Nikon D90 DSLR body only. Seller claims it has about 3600 shots on it = aka very low. Typical lifespan of D90 is from 60k to 200k shots according to this site:
nikon d90 | Camera Shutter Life Database. Officially it's rated to 100k shots. which I would never be able to do - EVER in my lifetime.

Already have 3 DX lens. Should be big upgrade of from old and still very alive D40

After 300 gift card total cost to me is $50 - not bad vs original msrp of $900 body only or $1300 for kit
Go the camera body - overall - it is as described in like new condition, except lens cover got loose during shipping and dust got inside. Luckily recently I got lens cleaning kit.

Great deal overall - very happy !!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis