What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The extremely hard to find Crest Pro Lite 5.0 :D

<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:150%;}</style>

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
The extremely hard to find Crest Pro Lite 5.0 :D

<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:150%;}</style>
Nice amp Alex. Just give me first dips when you're ready to upgrade. I am still one amp short.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nice amp Alex. Just give me first dips when you're ready to upgrade. I am still one amp short.
The IPR2 is for sale when you want it :D<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:150%;}</style>

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Go the camera body - overall - it is as described in like new condition, except lens cover got loose during shipping and dust got inside. Luckily recently I got lens cleaning kit.

Great deal overall - very happy !!
Cleaned the camera and did few test shots - darn - it is so much faster than d40. Shutter count is just passed 4k, not too far from seller claimed 3600. Not upset at all...
Highly recommend to look for similar deal if someone is looking for solid but cheap dsp

Used D90 Body only (about 300-350) and Nikon 35mm f/1.8 DX prime lens = great photos !!
And I'm only starting to explore. Unlike D40, D90 does supports AF on old F mount lens. Still a world to learn about older F lens [h=3][/h]

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hooked it up the other day just to try it out. It had to update immediately before we could even use it the first time and it was a big update I suppose, because it took quite a while. I like the interface, it does seem to be quite fast as they claimed, and the hardware feels solid. I like it so far, but have been entirely too busy to use the thing much yet.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for recomm 3db this cd rocks. The first track has some mean BASS. :D
I new you would like it. I'm kicking myself for not buying it used at a record store when I saw it. I thought it may be good but I didn't know Mike Bloomfield's work or his association with the artists listed on that album at that time (about a year ago) . I may buy this on 180gm vinyl if its available on 180gm. Its on my 2-b-purchased list. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I was quite surprised Steven Still was on there. The liner notes go into the session and what happened. Whoever remastered it did a great job on it. Most of it sounds very modern. The jazz piece is cool too. I hope to get his boxset when I can get it used for a good price. I got ithe CD used on amazon for less than 8 bucks. :) Thanks again. The Thor 2 BD has not yet arrive it seems the seller is a slacker and got tons of negative reviews after I bought it, darn now I gotta go look for another one.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Have you tried the voice command yet?
Have not tried it yet; that was the first thing they show you when you fire it up - it has a little built in video that shows you the basics and the voice control was the first thing. I'll try it today. Off work because our external connection system had an issue and I can't log in from home right now. Found out that it looks to be a bad cable that was causing the problem with the Roku because when I used the same cable for the FireTV, it had the same issue - so the Roku isn't dead haha, but I like the FireTV better already. This was an "in the box" HDMI cable that I think came with one of my BD players (79?) and it is a POS. Connected the FireTV with my Bluejeans HDMI and it worked fine.

It is also definitely faster than the PS4 at browsing and seems to queue up streams VERY quickly.

*Edit - just tried voice command and it seems to work very well. You can say the name of an App or a program and it very quickly comes up with results. Those results though, sort of like the Roku search, shows you what it is but it may be available on an app that isn't free or that you don't have currently. It does come up and show you that there's a cost to it and/or that there are multiple apps that have it. It would be nice if the first thing it showed was the apps that I have configured that have it (which it may be doing simply because I have Prime and it was available via Amazon). Nifty.

I noticed the first day too that it shuts itself off after a period of time, something the Roku did not do.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks! I'm sure the newer Roku will have voice command and if they don't it will be required now. Most people are mad because the bluetooth on Amazon Fire seems not to work well, well at least that was the comment on a amazon review and no HBOgo.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Stihl KM110R

Hadn't replaced the weed eater and now is the time when we need it, so picked one up. More than I wanted to spend, but can add a pole saw to it too :) Just tried it out and it is surprisingly quiet.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I got a nice little $160 gadget, an Audioengine D1 USB DAC/headphone amp. It's just a tiny box with a loudness control and headphone/powered speaker output in the front and a USB input, stereo output jacks on the back. It takes the computer's DAC out of the loop and substitutes its own. I really like this gadget. Using the same headphones the sound coming from the computer is much improved, for iTunes, Cds and everything else. I will have to try some hi-res files; it can handle them too. You probably don't realize how crappy the sound chip and amp combination is on your computer, but this gadget will make that clear. It worked first time I plugged it into my Mac. I just went to Preferences and picked the box rather than the regular sound output. You can either plug the speakers into the D1 or continue to use them plugged into the computer.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Does it qualify as a purchase if it's free? iTunes doesn't like playing albums end to end. I found a free small sound player called Vox, which goes right to your iTunes library, plays albums in sequence, is small, reasonably decent looking and sounds good. It plays a number of audio formats that iTunes doesn't play, has a number of audio controls and displays album art. Unfortunately for PC users it's only available for OSX.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
AB International 1201C
<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:150%!important;}</style>

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I got a Paradigm PW-2200 sub off Craigslist for 200 bucks. The guy I got it from is a mover, and apparently when moving some rich folk they just let him have it for free. After knocking a few pictures off the walls and his neighbors threatening to call the police, his wife made him sell it though. :)

On a different note, I found a picture of j_garcia the other day:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis