What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
j_garcia Showed up on loner thread of mine, telling me this was the place for this. (I thought this was a hardware only thread, never bothered to look.)

So, here's what Amazon Klaus brought home this morning:

Take a good look at that Brubeck album... SACD.. :D

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Wow. I want it.

At 618$, right now, the price a little steep, to stay "moderate" on the voicing of my opinion, but I'm definitely going to be on the prowl for it.

EDIT:

It seems like there's be deals to be had on the international front.

SACD.net shows me these prices:

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There's a semi decent selection of used copies on amazon for a lot less, though still not too cheap; in the $50-60 range for what sound like near new condition. It is one of my favorite SACDs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I guess Pioneers were decent, but you are still missing your A/V-2's ? Ehh?
I have 3 of my A/V-2s for a complete front stage :) This package is destined for the Carnegies...a little GR X-over tweak for all three.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Mike Bloomfield "From His Heart to His Head To His Hands' 3 CD compilation

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Cut my Jim Morrison hair locks for a much shorter do at lunchtime. :eek::D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I was browsing around Future Shop last nite and I stumbled across thsi for $7.98 before taxes. I have the mini series version on DVD (which is excellent IHO) but I thought I would snag this as well.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I was browsing around Future Shop last nite and I stumbled across thsi for $7.98 before taxes. I have the mini series version on DVD (which is excellent IHO) but I thought I would snag this as well.

Movie is pretty good, but I found it very tough to follow.
The book, on the other hand is awesome. I read it while working out in the desert outside Bakersfield, great setting for reading that book.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I see you snagged Super Sessions. :) Tell me what you think.
I got it on Sunday from UPS. I'll listen this weekend and will let you know. It has extra tracks too. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Better than the miniseries, but I liked the miniseries too.

He who controls the spice, controls the universe!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Which Mini Series?

The original ones - "Dune" (2000)
or the Children of the Dune - "Children of Dune" (2003)

btw: All 3 are excellent, I do like a Lynch original a bit better, but both minis are great!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Both were good, but I kind of liked the first series better.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
This doesn't fit with all the media on the thread, but for those who have helped me out, ordered my Ascend Sierra towers today. Upgraded to the RAAL tweets, i'll post an amateur review when I get 'em. :D :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis