What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^ can't wait till they go on sale for 50 bucks, maybe xmas?
Used Bluray 3 pack on ebay 11 bucks. ;)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I got a Paradigm PW-2200 sub off Craigslist for 200 bucks. The guy I got it from is a mover, and apparently when moving some rich folk they just let him have it for free. After knocking a few pictures off the walls and his neighbors threatening to call the police, his wife made him sell it though. :)

On a different note, I found a picture of j_garcia the other day:
Find Gary Busey!!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got a Paradigm PW-2200 sub off Craigslist for 200 bucks. The guy I got it from is a mover, and apparently when moving some rich folk they just let him have it for free. After knocking a few pictures off the walls and his neighbors threatening to call the police, his wife made him sell it though. :)

On a different note, I found a picture of j_garcia the other day:

I did think he was kind of an odd choice for ANY kind of advertising....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hello Lamp lol. I just heard the commercial again had me crying laughing. Pure genius to get Busey.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hey Z, I only buy the ones I will watch for PQ/SQ that I'd watch over and over and streaming is just not the same sometimes, although some have good pic/sound, but just not BD/DVD quality. Also remember I don't spend 20-30 bucks when they come out. I wait till they are $12 or less.:D

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
^^ can't wait till they go on sale for 50 bucks, maybe xmas?
In its current stock form, it is not worth the $99. I only bought it because you can sideload apps not available in Amazon's app store, and XBMC happens to work quite well with it. The $99 was worth it for me.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
In its current stock form, it is not worth the $99. I only bought it because you can sideload apps not available in Amazon's app store, and XBMC happens to work quite well with it. The $99 was worth it for me.
So that means you can add Pandora, HBOgo, etc to the box? Not too familiar with XBMC.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Pandora is available in the app store. No need to sideload it. I am not sure about HBOgo as I don't have a subscription to it.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
That is why I own the Sony and Panasonic Bluray players - I need no help from
that Fire.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Z, I only buy the ones I will watch for PQ/SQ that I'd watch over and over and streaming is just not the same sometimes, although some have good pic/sound, but just not BD/DVD quality. Also remember I don't spend 20-30 bucks when they come out. I wait till they are $12 or less.:D
I will buy some movies - however, some I just stream off the Bluray player.
The Sony 5100 is a good one - some movies and the sound are real nice.

The Fire is not for me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've owned 3 different Panasonic players. They don't stream or function anywhere near as well as the FireTV. My benchmark were the PS3 and PS4, which are both quite good at streaming and this one is better than both of them.

I don't buy that many movies anymore either. I still have too many.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I've owned 3 different Panasonic players. They don't stream or function anywhere near as well as the FireTV. My benchmark were the PS3 and PS4, which are both quite good at streaming and this one is better than both of them.
I just bought a Panasonic and Sony Bluray player - The Sony is the better one
to me. The streaming is working fine/good. I am not one for many boxes.

I can see where some people will enjoy the Fire/TV - however, the less I have
to hook-up and plug in, the happier I am.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just bought a Panasonic and Sony Bluray player - The Sony is the better one
to me. The streaming is working fine/good. I am not one for many boxes.

I can see where some people will enjoy the Fire/TV - however, the less I have
to hook-up and plug in, the happier I am.
Exactly, and I picked it up to put into the second system, hopefully to replace the Panny. I almost never use the Panny and even though it is pretty small, it lacks analog outs and this system is analog, so I can't listen to CDs on it without the TV involved; that means I don't have a lot of use for it. The Fire is so small it isn't like there's even another box in the system; it is smaller in size than a CD and almost as thin as one. Main system has only the PS4 and the Oppo and that's about as few sources as I could do.

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
I decided to try out a Philips Bluetooth adapter AEA2000/37 and I'll be damned if that thing doesn't work way better than it should. I wanted it for playing music while I'm out on the patio or on the toilet so range was important to me and I'm shocked how far the signal carries even far out of sight. For 20 bucks you cant beat it.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Giddy up spray unit for small jobs (speaker cabinets)
too bad I wasted money last year on the Wagner pos.
Cheers, Mac

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis