Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I hope not. I don't need any more calls with heavy breathing on the other end :eek:
Oh, geesh. You wouldn't have to worry about that. I'd be done before I finished dialing.

Not sure which emoticon to put on that one...probably shame...maybe a grin...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, DDR3 laptop memory prices are a lot higher than I realized. I bought 16GB about a year ago for under $85, and now it costs over $150.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Oh, geesh. You wouldn't have to worry about that. I'd be done before I finished dialing.

Not sure which emoticon to put on that one...probably shame...maybe a grin...
:eek:

Wow, DDR3 laptop memory prices are a lot higher than I realized. I bought 16GB about a year ago for under $85, and now it costs over $150.
That doesn't good. A friend of mine is giving me an old tower he wants to get rid of. I was hoping to fiddle with it and possibly turn it into a simple HTPC. The last thing I want to hear is parts costs are going up.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That doesn't good. A friend of mine is giving me an old tower he wants to get rid of. I was hoping to fiddle with it and possibly turn it into a simple HTPC. The last thing I want to hear is parts costs are going up.
That memory went up, but I don't know about other kinds. From a quick read this morning, it seems there was an over production of that type of memory back then that drove prices down temporarily.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That memory went up, but I don't know about other kinds. From a quick read this morning, it seems there was an over production of that type of memory back then that drove prices down temporarily.
Hopefully the prices aren't too bad and the MB isn't too bad. I'd like to be able to swap the graphics card, upgrade the HD and the RAM for now. Unlike some of my other projects which spiral out of control, I'm not looking for a lot out of this. Just kind of a fun project to prepare me for a full on build someday down the line.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Late march here at the Jersey Shore = 45 to 50 mph winds with a balmy 34 degrees and close to 6 inches of snow on the ground from last nights noreaster.
The calender means diddly as of late!
It's amazing what being one hour north of you can do.
We only got about 2"
This better be the last time we have to shovel snow.:D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I love when a jet flies over my apartment in the middle of a measurements. It is nice to hear sound from my speakers though.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

Korean news agency Yonhap News is reporting that a gas leak at a Samsung plant in southern Seoul has left one worker dead. A malfunction in the factory's fire extinguishing system released carbon dioxide after it mistakenly detected fire, asphyxiating a 52-year-old man working in the area. It's the latest in a string of accidents at Samsung facilities over the past 18 months, raising questions over the safety of Samsung's operations in South Korea.

Carbon Dioxide leak kills Samsung factory worker

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Apparently the volume on my PC was the culprit for the low volume now the cat is crying about how loud the measurement volume is. She will forever know me as the man that tortures with sound.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Replaced my PJ bulb today. PQ looks excellent and with about an hour on the bulb I'm pretty happy. We'll see how long she lasts, but I might order another soon just to have a backup.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Replaced my PJ bulb today. PQ looks excellent and with about an hour on the bulb I'm pretty happy. We'll see how long she lasts, but I might order another soon just to have a backup.
Glad it looks great! If you don't mind sayin', how much was it?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Here's a particle accelerator the size of a speck of glitter

referring to: Salon.com
This little chip may be hardly the size of a speck of glitter, but don’t underestimate what it can do. It’s actually a particle accelerator that is able to boost electrons at a rate 10 times greater than a conventional accelerator, all in a millimeters-long package.

The chip is a step in developing smaller, faster, cheaper accelerators called dielectric laser accelerators. Theoretically, a 100-foot-long dielectric laser accelerator could be just as powerful as the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center’s 2-mile-long machine,according to the center, where the chip was developed.

There’s still a ways to go before researchers would be able to build a laser accelerator. For one thing, the new SLAC chip still requires a conventional accelerator, which gets its power from microwaves, to get things started. But in the future, if the technology does work, SLAC engineers imagine it could go into security scanners (accelerators at the airport?), university labs, and medical imaging devices hospitals could afford, they wrote in a paper they published today in the journal Nature.

A particle accelerator the size of a speck of glitter - Salon.com

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Took the bike out for it's second ride today. Shoes with the clip in pedals are awesome. So much better than sneakers and regular pedals. Another note on the clip in pedals, I fell right on my a$$ the first attempt at clipping in. On the bright side, I wasn't worried about my feet getting stuck in the pedals if I ever fall off the bike or crash because the foot that was clipped in came right out. Dunno how, but it did. After that I got the hang of it, but my legs are on fire. Leg day yesterday and then a 6mile jaunt today don't go well together.

Overall it was a blast and I can't wait to get out again.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis