Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Figures. I get ready to go order a couple of replacement PJ lamps and they're out of stock. :rolleyes:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I talked to the place I think lsiberian recommended for PJ bulb replacements and they said they had no ETA on the bulbs for my PJ, so I broke down and ordered one from Amazon. If it looks ok when it gets here I'll order another.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Since I'm cluttering up the boring thread anyways, I'd like to add that the Plantronics Legend BT thing I got is pretty nice. I don't find it as comfortable as the last Plantronics I had, but the call quality is better and I like some of the little convenience features like when it knows that I picked it up and put it in my ear. Now I just need to find the extra ear pieces so I can try to swap them.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I talked to the place I think lsiberian recommended for PJ bulb replacements and they said they had no ETA on the bulbs for my PJ, so I broke down and ordered one from Amazon. If it looks ok when it gets here I'll order another.
That sucks. No guarantee on quality, so you may be better off.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Since I'm cluttering up the boring thread anyways, I'd like to add that the Plantronics Legend BT thing I got is pretty nice. I don't find it as comfortable as the last Plantronics I had, but the call quality is better and I like some of the little convenience features like when it knows that I picked it up and put it in my ear. Now I just need to find the extra ear pieces so I can try to swap them.
Told ya. :) I really like it. Before it, I used the very similar Plantronics Voyager Pro. For some reason, though, it started getting a little glitchy when I got my Galaxy S3. The Voyager Legend has worked great. I like both better than the two Jawbone models that I've used.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That sucks. No guarantee on quality, so you may be better off.
My options from Amazon weren't great either. I have serious doubts about the one I ordered. $61 shipped prime and only one review, albeit a 5 star. Most of the other bulbs were cheaper and had 3ish stars. This seller had a pretty good rating though so fingers crossed.

Told ya. :) I really like it. Before it, I used the very similar Plantronics Voyager Pro. For some reason, though, it started getting a little glitchy when I got my Galaxy S3. The Voyager Legend has worked great. I like both better than the two Jawbone models that I've used.
I wasn't sure how much I'd even use it, but now I'm irritated anytime I get a call and don't have it on me. I have turned into one of "those" people who looks like they're talking to themselves :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wasn't sure how much I'd even use it, but now I'm irritated anytime I get a call and don't have it on me. I have turned into one of "those" people who looks like they're talking to themselves :eek:
Nice thing about that model - it's tough for people to not see. :) I'm with you, though. I bought an earpiece almost immediately after getting my first cell phone because I actually hate talking on the phones themselves. I'm old...I like phones that guide my ear to where the speaker is. I still have trouble finding the right place to put the phone so that I can hear the other person very well. With an earpiece, though? Even I'm not that incompetent. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nice thing about that model - it's tough for people to not see. :) I'm with you, though. I bought an earpiece almost immediately after getting my first cell phone because I actually hate talking on the phones themselves. I'm old...I like phones that guide my ear to where the speaker is. I still have trouble finding the right place to put the phone so that I can hear the other person very well. With an earpiece, though? Even I'm not that incompetent. :D
What ear tips do you use? I'm not crazy about the clear one that is on it.

I used to do that all the time. It was like trying to play the peg in the hole game in the dark.

Out of context man, you're welcome :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What ear tips do you use? I'm not crazy about the clear one that is on it.
I use one of the clear ones. Probably the small size. I think there are also foam covers that fit over the clear tips, but I like it better without it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I use one of the clear ones. Probably the small size. I think there are also foam covers that fit over the clear tips, but I like it better without it.
It think that's probably the issue. I was using a large with the last head set, but I think this came with the medium attached.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
My furnace has been out since Thursday night. Called my furnace guy. I need a new furnace. :(

I have an electric heater that I have been using so it's not too bad. The estimate for the furnace wasn't bad as I thought it would be. $4800.00. But, when you're not expecting it, it hurts.

Fortunately, my wife and I put money aside for such things. We can't pay for it in full, but we can get half of it financed at a reasonable rate.
Man, it's always something.
Good thing it's late March and not January.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Found the extras. Apparently the smallest size was on there. With the large on it fits much better. Now I just need someone to call me so I can use it :D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Good thing it's late March and not January.
Late march here at the Jersey Shore = 45 to 50 mph winds with a balmy 34 degrees and close to 6 inches of snow on the ground from last nights noreaster.
The calender means diddly as of late!

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
I bought the Bioshock Triple pack from Amazon yesterday. I've never played any of the games nor really knew anything about them. Playing it is the most stressful thing I have done in a long, long time. Everything is trying to kill me and there's creepy music and that little girl! ugh...

Also, I order a variety of Priority boxes from USPS and I accidentally ordered 75. Now I have to figure out what the heck to do with all those boxes. At least they were free :rolleyes:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Late march here at the Jersey Shore = 45 to 50 mph winds with a balmy 34 degrees and close to 6 inches of snow on the ground from last nights noreaster.
The calender means diddly as of late!
We got it today. We had about 7" by mid-afternoon....and its still snowing.:mad: On the other hand, I did get a snow day.:) But, on the other hand, I don't get paid for snow days.:mad:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This amp is a little noiser than I'd like, but nothing an upgrade can't fix down the road.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I bought the Bioshock Triple pack from Amazon yesterday. I've never played any of the games nor really knew anything about them. Playing it is the most stressful thing I have done in a long, long time. Everything is trying to kill me and there's creepy music and that little girl! ugh...
No kidding, right?! :eek: I haven't played very far into the first one, but it scares the s**t out of me sometimes. My buddy loaned me the first one years ago for the PC, and when I bought my PS3...even though I knew that I didn't like the game, I still bought it because I couldn't think of what else to get. Not really less scary when in surround sound...just sayin'. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis