What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My hackish workaround is to turn the sub's gain down below 9-o'clock and turn the sub channel on the receiver up to +6dB.
Not so much hackish as standard practice. :) That's a real common recommendation for your issue.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I ordered a sub from a well known company once and had the same problem. Darn thing would not turn on even on loud volume sometimes and would turn off if next song was softer. So I had to return it. No other option for On just auto. I moved my TV back to accommodate the center:

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
:eek:^^Dang those pics make them look even nicer. So jealous, ENJOY them. Please share your thoughts and setup. We love pics ya know. :D

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Lulimet, you and I have the same receiver and Quart speakers. It's like we're connected.

F

FunnyLion

Audiophyte
sorry guys, i've been the silent spectator so far on this thread, but now the UPS truck's journey to Z's place is killing me! can't wait for the review :D

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I just watched The Lion King with my daughter this evening. Audyssey MultiEQ and the light setting of Dynamic Volume were enabled on my receiver. It was bloody brilliant! Aurally, my room seemed magically to quadruple in size.

A little earlier I was able to sneak in about 5 minutes of Man of Steel. Same opinion there.

FunnyLion, you were wondering about movie performance? If you're in the U.S. and you're on the fence about getting these, go ahead and pull the trigger. I think you'll be pleased.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
sorry guys, i've been the silent spectator so far on this thread, but now the UPS truck's journey to Z's place is killing me! can't wait for the review :D
They are here - man you have to be ready for the un-packing > they do
not mess around. No white vann stuff here.:)

Now, how do they sound - well, ......................................................!
They sound ..................................................................................!

More to come.

Last edited:
F

FunnyLion

Audiophyte
I just watched The Lion King with my daughter this evening. Audyssey MultiEQ and the light setting of Dynamic Volume were enabled on my receiver. It was bloody brilliant! Aurally, my room seemed magically to quadruple in size.

A little earlier I was able to sneak in about 5 minutes of Man of Steel. Same opinion there.

FunnyLion, you were wondering about movie performance? If you're in the U.S. and you're on the fence about getting these, go ahead and pull the trigger. I think you'll be pleased.
ok, order just placed, couldn't hold it any longer! :D
Thanks for the suggestion and the feedback on movies. I've ordered the bookshelves with the center as well. Problem is I won't be able to really set up everything until next month when I move to a bigger place (in an apt right now). Didn't want to wait until then to order as I think they are priced to sell and may run out of stock any time. Yea, call me impulsive :D

F

FunnyLion

Audiophyte
ohh, can't wait. I was debating between these and the monitor audio RX setup, might still order the RX-1s and use them as surrounds :)

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
Wasn't planning any major purchases, but came across a deal I couldn't pass up.....PBN B741s. Yes, those are all Scanspeak Illuminators.

Attachments

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
So Rojo, Would my Onk818 have any problems running those speakers and the center?

L

ljbrandt

Audioholic Intern
Z -

I see the E60's have been replaced by the VS05's in your signature ;-)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis