I bid you all farewell...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Hey guys,
Lately it seems like I am in a weekly argument here so I think it's time to hang it up.

My wife brought it up a few minutes ago, her exact words were "are you kidding with this website, why do you even go to it?", which I used to come here to answer questions and talk about audio equipment, it started when I hurt my shoulder a while back and was bored out of my mind, AH got me through them times, and I am thankful... But now its seems like more trouble than its worth so before I get banned and clutter up the board {any more} with useless arguing with trolls, I am going to set a date and never return, lol... Quit Cold turkey...

I'll have my office manager take AH off of all my laptops and phones, and both of my tablets Tuesday morning when she comes in... Because as of now, they automatically load on a tab at the top of the screen, not sure how to stop that from happening...

But anyway, thanks to all of you that I consider friends, I appreciate the laughs, information, and stories between us, its been fun...

I will still check my pm's and a lot of you have my email so keep in touch... Thanks again and good luck...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You know...you can still answer questions and talk about audio equipment. :) What you choose to post is just that - what you choose.

Anyway, sorry that you feel that way, man. It was good having you around. Take care.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Do you know who can control your arguing?

I disagree with your thoughts on this and I wish you would stay on. I have met a lot of true friend's on here and they have been with me through divorce, through marriage, through job loss and just plain old good and bad times.

You would be like a new friend just walking away.

At least PM me you cell number.

connieflyer

connieflyer

Audioholic
You know Imcloud, don't let the nay sayers win. You have given of yourself on many posts, and I for one have found most of them useful, and most of them entertaining. This is a forum, and if you leave here, sooner of later, you will try another, as you miss the interactive touch. After awhile, the same thing will happen again, it is the nature of the beast. I myself have been in your position on one particular forum, had been a member for over ten years, but got tired of being slighted by some folks who were (in a better place) to know more than myself. It got to the point that I was letting it get under my skin, and decided to leave and not go back. Well, after a while, the withdrawl from folks I truly did enjoy, was too much, had to start checking back and just lurking about. Posted a few times and was surprised at how many folks were glad to have me back. I had not withdrawn membership, just did not hang out or login for many months. Had folks wanting to know what happened where I had been, was there a life change, ad nauseum . Funny, the folks that had bothered me before, did not bother me much anymore. I have a lot of experience in various things, and just wanted to help out, now back to doing that and I can see I am appreciated. No they did not send parades to my house or elect me president, but things changed. Forums by their very nature, are going to attract many different people, some with a sharp wit, some a little dimmer. We all benefit from the interaction of all the members, true some are more obnoxious than others, but don't give up on us. I have seen you reach out to others, with your knowledge and give advice for free, and genuinely try to help folks. We all need each other, and no I do not walk on water (well actually I do up here in Michigan with the lakes frozen over) but with all my years under my belt, I would be remiss if I did not at least try to keep a knowledgeable and helpful resource. So before this becomes a tome, please reconsider, if you need a break from us, so be it. I was just getting schooled on Jameson's and now I have to start all over with Candian Club and local brews until I find another expert, don't leave, I am too old to start my search all over! Don

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I mentioned it to you in our sidebar man, make use of the ignore list. It is easier than getting riled up over antagonistic people who often come to good forums with that purpose in mind unfortunately. There's no reason to let people make you feel like you shouldn't be here just because they push your buttons. I don't always agree with you either :) but at least some of us are OK with hearing someone else's opinion and discussing it rather than just arguing about it. It really is a shame.

Last edited:
R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
ImcLoud,

This is a time when people are either over sensitive to political correctness or empowered by internet anonymity to troll for fun (and everything in between). You don't temper your opinion and that may offend some folks. On the flip side, anonymity empowers and emboldens folk to vociferously retort with their own opinions.

Taking in an internet forum is like shouting in the mall (more like stock market floor since everyone is trying to be heard over everyone else). Sooner or later someone will take offense or offend you. Just put them on the ignore list and carry on doing your thing.

You've owned and gotten rid of more AV gear than most people on here will ever come across. That is a unique advantage and creates useful insight to share.

I go around saying, "I know a guy with arms bigger than my thighs". I'd like to keep it that way.

ReUpRo

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks guys, I know I can simply not engage... But I am not sure what it is, its just not in me to do so, I suck.. John pm'd me before I seen the last attacks and said "ignore it" {he and others have sent me pm's like this a few times, lol}, and I tried, but its torture to do so, I am a very aggressive person, I know this about my self... Maybe its the years of abusing Deca a test E {its obviously a contributor, lol}, or maybe I was born this way {my father is also "hard headed" as my mother puts it}, but what ever the cause, as Popeye says "I yam whats I yam"...

Greg, I think I sent you my cell before, pm me and Ill resend it, I do like coming here and posting, and I am not going to name names but its seems to bother some people and this is probably all they have, where with me its not...

I was thinking, I also frequent a sniper forum {gun talk, as some of you know I love long range shooting} and a couple chopper forums, I have been a member in some of them for close to 10 years and in one have almost 15K posts, I can not remember one argument {a few disagreements over the years but nothing like what a couple of the AH ones have turned into and in no way as frequent}, a bunch of gun toting bikers and no drama!!! But with the audio crowd everything is an argument, tube vs ss, cheap vs expensive, 5.1 vs 7.2, bookshelfs vs towers, avr vs separates, brand vs brand, amps sound the same or the more you spend the bigger your d!ck is, ect I could go on for ever, lol... sure there are a few Harley vs Victory or Glock vs everything else in the other forums, but thats it, in this hobby every f#ckin thing is a debate and argument, and people take it personally here {me included}!!!

Now I know with the motorcycle forums its a good chance you will meet up with who you are talking with some day, I have ridden with guys from the forums in 15 different states, and there are guys on there that have done 49 states, and since everyone adds pics of their rides, its a good chance someone remembers you and most of the time, our rides start at bars, lol... Could be a dangerous situation... And with the sniper and gun forums, that just could be dangerous because there are some sick individuals out there.... so that may have something to do with it...

I have been to a few events, emo stuff and a couple local audio fests and of course I play guitar so I have been to a few musician meets, and I can honestly say with VERY few exceptions, there are not many audio guys that would argue like they do on here in person. I mean no offence, but last year I met up with a couple guys at the Boston Emo get together, and my wife made the comment "if you start hanging out at these types of places, we are going to have to get you some penny loafers and v neck sweaters to wear over your shirts... " , a great bunch of guys, and we shared a few beers {emo is good about having an open bar at their events ;) } and talked about audio stuff it was awesome. We honestly had a conversation about tube and SS amps that didn't ever get out of hand, lol {dan had the carver stuff setup at that time}.... Great bunch of guys, we showed off pics of our equipment and had a great time, I got a great deal on a dac some free hats and had a great time... But you get these same guys on an open internet forum and they are all mouth... We were showing pics and talking and Dan from emo asked "what do you do for a living that you can buy $20K juke boxes?" no jealousy or "your bragging" BS, he laughed when I told him and said "oh that explains it" he had just built a house and then we got into a big conversation about that, its was just a good time.. His wife and my wife were talking about TN {we own property there and my wife went to UT}, we all had a great time. And all the other audio gatherings I attended were very similar, all smiles and great guys...
But for some reason, you get people on the internet and its a different atmosphere...

Im not saying it was all bad, I often read through the site and just laugh at some of the stuff you guys come up with, I feel down when fellow members hit hard times and happy when they are doing well, its like a home away from home, but I find my self getting pissed off over little comments and probably taking things the wrong way {not all the time, but sometimes}....

I like you all, I accept you how you are, and have no issues with the site itself, its a great place to get info, give info, and Gene and the staff and mods do great work, you guys rock, and I will miss checking in, but I am thinking its time to move on, my wife said I should start another bike project and I am thinking she is rite, especially since I have had my eye on this guy N255 » Malibu Motorcycle Works I have bought from Chris before and I can have that here by Friday, and since I finished my 300 softail {kind of} I have been missing them garage sessions a little, after all when building I get to enjoy music {I have a nice system int the shop, wharfedale dentons {the new ones} and a nice tripath integrated}, whiskey {can work on a bike with out whiskey}, and tools {ahhh tools}.... I normally would just build another AR, 1911, or rem 700 but I think leaving AH warrants a new motorcycle build, a rifle build wont do it for me, I would be back in a week, lol.. A chop can take me a year, the 300 softy took me a long time, since I only do a little here and there, and its a lot of work...

OK, I am rambling, lol.. this is what gets me in trouble.... :D

PS thanks Reup, Jon, and Don.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, enough of the coddling. :D Are you telling me that the guy who's the bestest, strongest, and greatest at everything is going to...quit? :eek:

People on a sniper forum don't argue? Shocking. "I like to shoot s**t." "Yeah, me, too!" *smoochie, smoochie* :p

Man, you like Emo gear. I don't. You like to kill things. I don't. You have a hot wife. I...this could go on all day. :D But, if I only wanted to talk with people that were just like me, I wouldn't have so many personalities. Sure, Sally is a bit odd at times, but we keep her around. Helps keep Saturday afternoons interesting.

What? She likes cooking shows. Pervs...

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I suck..the bigger your d!ck is... I could go on for ever, lol... I have ridden with guys from the forums in 15 different states...there are some sick individuals out there.... Great bunch of guys, we showed off pics of our equipment and had a great time.... no jealousy or "your bragging" BS
There's a joke in there somewhere....

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nobody likes a quitter. Except for Adam, when they quit struggling and resisting :eek:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I don't read everything you post, so I really don't know what's going on. When I do read your post sometime I do find your honesty refreshing and funny. You should have thicker skin If I didn't I'd probably be a bigger mess like you.:p I read between the lines when someone is trying to mess with me and I just ignore it for my mental health. Stay and enjoy even If you only post once or twice a week like I do.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't read everything you post, so I really don't know what's going on. When I do read your post sometime I do find your honesty refreshing and funny. You should have thicker skin If I didn't I'd probably be a bigger mess like you.:p I read between the lines when someone is trying to mess with me and I just ignore it for my mental health. Stay and enjoy even If you only post once or twice a week like I do.
Unless it's some holiday deal season. Then you're clogging up the new post feed with 10 posts an hour :p

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Unless it's some holiday deal season. Then you're clogging up the new post feed with 10 posts an hour :p
and you bought most of the stuff I posted, then sent me PM's that you are spending way too much from that thread.:p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
and you bought most of the stuff I posted, then sent me PM's that you are spending way too much from that thread.:p
Hey I never said I was against you clogging up the feed, although I still maintain it is all your fault :D

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Think it over, this is a big step for you. Tomorrow is another day. I was afraid to even go on today because of the stupid posts I made last night after a couple of beers. I am at work now and this is what I do, go on AH. If I would loose that I wouldn't know what to do. Think it over, it's OK if you renege.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You know my rep, arguments don't really bother me, but I try to keep my arguments on a technical footing, so I never get worked up over anything. I'd rather you stay around, if only for equipment related discussion, but if you know that you can not help yourself, maybe its better to stay away from the whole site. Perhaps you can continue to talk audio on avsforum, as it is a larger community and therefore more anonymous and less personal, that way it's easier to stay out of heated exchanges (although I sometimes get into it even over there). If you are really through here, good luck and take care, and remember that real men only use horn-loaded speakers!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
And while back, I got into a "discussion" about religion here in The Steam Vent, and it went right off the rails. I thought I was being civil about it, but the other guy - who shall remain nameless - became very insulting. Of course, that's from my perspective and his impression of how it transpired could be the complete opposite. When it grew too tiresome, I bowed out and said that I would not respond to any more of his posts. He still posted, in an effort to keep me on the hook, but I didn't respond. The thread ended up being locked and the mods implemented a no politics or religion policy. My claim to fame on AH. :eek::D

The lesson I learned was that as soon as any discussion gets derailed - just leave it. Post no further on the topic. It's better all around. So, no need to leave, Dude.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis