Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The best donuts don't have holes, but they are full of cream................................................
The best donuts are yellow and definitely have holes. I should know I grew up eating them. One of the few things I miss from my hometown.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
The best donuts are yellow and definitely have holes. I should know I grew up eating them. One of the few things I miss from my hometown.

you know how I hate to disagree, but around these parts the boston cream raynes supreme....

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So it looks like my 2 year anniversary of joining this place has come and gone. I feel so old :eek:

As far as I can tell, I believe this was my first post ever.

I am not expert about electricit, impedance, or any of the complicated electronics inside my A/V receiver or amplifiers. I find it amazing that every single company I look at rates their watts per channel for only two channels. As if this isn't bad enough, I recently read an article that, admittedly I do not completely understand, that said something to the effect that out of a standard outlet it would be difficult to get more than 140ish watts RMS. Finally to my question, how do I find out just how many watts I am really getting to my speakers from my receiver and if I am indeed way under powering my speakers what would a good 5 channel amplifier be?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That's the first post alright.

Let's drive out to Walter's and adk's. I'm bored and they would probably feed us.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
you know how I hate to disagree, but around these parts the boston cream raynes supreme....
Clearly this will need to be settled by proper evaluation of both items. I suspect we'll need several rounds of trials to determine the victor. Seirously if you are ever in near Round Rock TX get yourself some of those yellow donuts. It's an old recipe that goes back a century.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's the first post alright.

Let's drive out to Walter's and adk's. I'm bored and they would probably feed us.
Sounds good to me. I still haven't eaten any of Walter's cooking. I feel like I need to just be sure he hasn't been lying to me about being a chef this whole time.

I'm actually going to try to head over to his place tomorrow to check out those fancy speakers.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds good to me. I still haven't eaten any of Walter's cooking. I feel like I need to just be sure he hasn't been lying to me about being a chef this whole time.

I'm actually going to try to head over to his place tomorrow to check out those fancy speakers.
If you want me to met you guys I'll need a 3hr-15min head start.:D

Don't forget to bring plenty of earplugs to pass around for his neighbors.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Clearly this will need to be settled by proper evaluation of both items. I suspect we'll need several rounds of trials to determine the victor. Seirously if you are ever in near Round Rock TX get yourself some of those yellow donuts. It's an old recipe that goes back a century.

I am supposed to be going to Richardson Texas this summer {touring the Lennox facility} , I am not sure of the dates, not sure if the yellow donuts will be on the route though, in my experience food is best in this part of the country, some of the southern states food is just not as good, I was told its because of the water, the water in the south is terrible compared to ours. I know when my family and friends come to our home and taste our water they are all floored by how "clean" it tastes, lol.... We have well water at my house and it is very good quality...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Tomorrow at 1:30 I have to go to Africa ... where the knee grows, for a shot. I'm thinking about rescheduling.

tap tap tap

If we go early enough we could take another hour to drive out to Craig's for coffee but then I'd have to skadaddle in order to make it back home without needing sleep.

I'm sinking, I'm sinking ...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
No ... my knee, my knee, my knee. Priorities, being a grown up ... taking care of stuff.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Just give me 24hrs head start. I have some short ribs in the freezer.:cool:
If you want me to met you guys I'll need a 3hr-15min head start.
This weekend the weather looks alright but next week is suppose to be snow like all week but if we wait too long Walter gets swamped with work. Let's wait to hear from Walter before we start looking for the car keys. :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I am supposed to be going to Richardson Texas this summer {touring the Lennox facility} , I am not sure of the dates, not sure if the yellow donuts will be on the route though, in my experience food is best in this part of the country, some of the southern states food is just not as good, I was told its because of the water, the water in the south is terrible compared to ours. I know when my family and friends come to our home and taste our water they are all floored by how "clean" it tastes, lol.... We have well water at my house and it is very good quality...
No Richardson is closer to where I live. Might be fun to hook up if our schedules both allow.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The yellow ones look promising, but I think I might give you a run for your money with my local shop too :) I will pick some up soon, straight out of the grease, and submit pics. Might not be qutie 100 years old, but still sports the 50s diner seating and as mentioned previously here, cops designate it one of the best around :D

Yesterday I had a maple bacon cupcake that tasted basically like breakfast without eggs. Interesting and tasty, but could have done without the maple.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis