What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Bought a pair of KEF Q300 and had them drop-shipped to my brother in Durham NC. I was hoping to upgrade the B&W DM302 Prism series bookshelf speakers he's been using, and it appears I was successful. He reports "wow."

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bought a cheap (in price and quality) 'region-free' DVD player. And Season 7 of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, a PAL region 4 import. Player works (sort of). Wonder if expensive players like OPPO will play discs from all regions?

View attachment 20033

For some odd reason Amazon sells the first 6 seasons in region 1 (USA) but not the last! Weird.
Bought this gadget to repair a scratch caused by my 'new' DVD player. The gadget actually worked.

IMG_1009.JPG

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think everyone knows about my Ultras by now, but I've been hitting more sub forums and it belongs here anyway. :D

20170111_150110_2-1.jpg
2017011195150053_2-1.jpg
20170111_150013_2.jpg
2017011195145239_2-1.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Do the Ultras not come with a shorting bar/bracket of some sort to connect the terminals?
They do. I read a lot of folks use speaker wire instead of the jumpers and I have plenty. I don't think it sounds any better, but it looks a little cooler. :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What banana plugs are those and speaker wire? Looks nice!
Thank you! I didn't go all out on connectors and wire. I got the plugs on eBay, though they look out of stock now. They do work nice. There are 2 screws to hold the wires inside and they fit good and tight. The wire is just plain old 14 awg Home Depot variety.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you! I didn't go all out on connectors and wire. I got the plugs on eBay, though they look out of stock now. They do work nice. There are 2 screws to hold the wires inside and they fit good and tight. The wire is just plain old 14 awg Home Depot variety.
They're the same as the Nakamichi ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Nakamichi-Speaker-banana-Audio-connector/dp/B00G7QDVRU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487110452&sr=8-1&keywords=nakamichi+banana+plug

You can go with wire between the binding posts, you don't need the second set of connectors.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just picked this up on EBay...

Retro! I don't think I have a single cassette left. I had a ton of them when I was a teenager, many moons ago.

Garcia, I thought they were the same but I wasn't sure. I know I don't need the connectors for the bridge. I had the extra plugs and was in the groove, so I just went ahead and ran with it. The connectors look cool and it adds a little wow factor when my buddies come over. lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Retro! I don't think I have a single cassette left. I had a ton of them when I was a teenager, many moons ago.

Garcia, I thought they were the same but I wasn't sure. I know I don't need the connectors for the bridge. I had the extra plugs and was in the groove, so I just went ahead and ran with it. The connectors look cool and it adds a little wow factor when my buddies come over. lol
Think they're also the same as the Sewell Silverbacks what with the two set screws...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis