What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Just bought me a set of 12" SVS SB12-NSD's w/a 10% off coupon for only$766.08 shipped! Almost wished I had bought (4) of them instead. Just too good of a deal to pass on. So, I pounced! Go me!

Cheers,

Phil
I thought you had other subs before. What were they? Regardless, that's quite a good bargain, congratulations. How are your neighbors going to react?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I thought you had other subs before. What were they? Regardless, that's quite a good bargain, congratulations. How are your neighbors going to react?
Ken, a good while ago I dismantled all of my gear due to some major setbacks that affected both my health and my pocket book. Have had to start all over. The good thing is I have made some progress in that regard. Came across the opportunity to get the SB12-NSD's. Just could NOT pass on it. As such, I pounced! Kind of wished I had ordered (4) of them though. But, happy to have duals for the time being. No need to pile up a lot of debt. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
SnapPower electric socket covers w/ built in LED night lights. Very cool. Outlet cover simply slips on, replacing the old cover, and Bob's your uncle. Come on when dark, off when light. Last forever. Best of all, free up the outlet where you used to plug in your old night light. We got the 10-pack.

View attachment 19857
Are these powered off the receptacle? Batteries?

Could you post a link?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Powered by the receptacle.

https://www.snappower.com/
Right. Sorry for the delay. Doing paint & carpet this week. They have a couple "ears" that slide over the sides of your receptacle making contact w/ the hot and ground screws. The instructions show a number of problems that could exist w/ your receptacle, things that could block the ears, and how to work around most of them. So far I'm lucky. Just a little jiggling when I slid them on and they work fine. I like 'em.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Right. Sorry for the delay. Doing paint & carpet this week. They have a couple "ears" that slide over the sides of your receptacle making contact w/ the hot and ground screws. The instructions show a number of problems that could exist w/ your receptacle, things that could block the ears, and how to work around most of them. So far I'm lucky. Just a little jiggling when I slid them on and they work fine. I like 'em.
Yeah, at that point, you might as well just swap the entire receptacle, don't even bother with trying to finagle possible shady connections into place! The hardest part of that is typically finding the correct breaker to shut off if your panel isn't labeled, maybe a 10 minute job.

Guess they are trying to cater to people that don't know how to swap a receptacle, but that really is a trivial task.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Did quite a bit of listening to them already. They are bigger than I expected, though not as big as my CA0W1s. They do feel and look like an inexpensive speaker, though they definitely don't sound like one. Low sensitivity means they need to be pushed a little harder.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Bought (2) more SVS SB12-NSD's and they are on their way here as we speak. Supposed to be delivered on Saturday. Boy, do I ever have lots of work to do. May need some new cabling as well. Tried to order a CSL UMiK 1 , but they are currently out of stock. That is my next order!

Cheers,

Phil

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Bought (2) more SVS SB12-NSD's and they are on their way here as we speak. Supposed to be delivered on Saturday. Boy, do I ever have lots of work to do. May need some new cabling as well. Tried to order a CSL UMiK 1 , but they are currently out of stock. That is my next order!

Cheers,

Phil
Two more? Does this mean you'll have three or more when those two show up?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Figured that an electric heater probably wasn't the most efficient way to heat my garage so I'm going to try a propane heater.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, had one fail. Although I attribute that more to Amazon's atrocious packaging, than to the actual drive itself. Amazon threw the two hard drives in a box, they were only in the anti-static bags, with some bubble wrap. The replacement is on the way, but we'll see how that goes. Also hoping the other holds up.

So I maxed out the HD's in my tower, total of about 9TB useable. Just purchased 2 of these which will allow me to add some new movies I just bought and with room to spare.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
New bindings and boots for my board. Loving all the snow this year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Well, had one fail. Although I attribute that more to Amazon's atrocious packaging, than to the actual drive itself. Amazon threw the two hard drives in a box, they were only in the anti-static bags, with some bubble wrap. The replacement is on the way, but we'll see how that goes. Also hoping the other holds up.
Sorry to hear that. I've had a good number of Seagate drives over the years. None have failed they just "got too small." I now prefer Western Digital drives.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry to hear that. I've had a good number of Seagate drives over the years. None have failed they just "got too small." I now prefer Western Digital drives.
I was going back and forth between WD and the Seagate's. The Seagates were slightly cheaper at the time, and while I've had good luck with WD, I thought it was worth a shot. I'm still not completely convinced the drives are no good. Amazon just needs to package them like $300+ hard drives and not socks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis