What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
You know how when you get into something, whether it be rebuilding a transmission, restoring a car or an old outboard motor perhaps? Parts just start seemingly falling from the sky and you end up with twosies or threesies of the same thing. Another Denon 3805, just mentioning having one and someone says; "Oh, I got one of those, you want it? 50 bucks and it's yours."

I don't know how popular they were, or weren't but the one I already have has been great for music and it has pre-outs so. . . .heck yeah. It's in great condition. No scratches or dust on or in it. I guess I have one for my bedroom now too. I guess I'm going to be that junky 3805 guy. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Went to a few Thrift stores yesterday and picked up the following CDs and one new normal bias Maxell Cassette.. Everything in including taxes $5.00

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
A little while back I got the Amazon Echo. I absolutely love the device, so much so, I purchased a white one, mounted to my ceiling of my home theater room and it works great!

Now, that I have one in my bedroom, 1 in my HT room, now I was looking at the Amazon TAP.
  • Bluetooth
  • Lightweight
  • Decent speaker for the size (not going to win any awards)
  • Only 2.4Ghz WiFi
But it now has the option to be voice activated like its bigger brother. You can turn it on/off to conserve battery life and it works perfectly. From shopping, to alarm clocks, to movie times, to audio books, this has become an incredibly great device.

I bring it to work, when I travel for work, and keep it in my Kitchen.

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I purchased this album on CD and as a lover of Blues, I highly recommend this album.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Picked up one of these the other day for use in my van, or on older 2ch gear, works well.
tao.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Bought "Blues Pill" 2nd album, "Lady in Gold" after really digging their self titiled first album from this Swedish Rock Group.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Picked up one of these the other day for use in my van, or on older 2ch gear, works well.
View attachment 20236
Pretty much all phones, and likely other mobile devices, are dropping the headphone plug though :) Just have to keep one of the old ones around to use for audio. Apple dropped it, Samsung is going to on the next gen and probably the other major brands will too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pretty much all phones, and likely other mobile devices, are dropping the headphone plug though :) Just have to keep one of the old ones around to use for audio. Apple dropped it, Samsung is going to on the next gen and probably the other major brands will too.
Not sure I understand, this is to use my phone wirelessly via bluetooth, to transmit to this bluetooth unit plugged into my head unit in the van or to analog inputs on the 2ch stuff. I do have the analog port on my phone but the output sucks, it's too low a signal level, much better via this bluetooth device.

ps clarified connection to head unit as edit

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What does it plug into? You plug it into the car? Looked like it plugged into the phone.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What does it plug into? You plug it into the car? Looked like it plugged into the phone.
Newish phone, older head unit with an aux (and usb) input but no bluetooth; my phone isn't rooted so the usb isn't helpful with the phone and the old ipod is a pain. The van is a 2007 and the head unit from 2009 after I got tired of the crummy stock unit (it was a basic working shuttle van at first, then became a personal vehicle and added a decent setup with new speakers, sub, amps, etc). I'm doing some custom shuttling again now and the bluetooth is a nice additional option. If the phone had a stronger analog signal for the head unit I probably wouldn't have bothered but figured for $15 worth a try...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Most have bluetooth already these days :) My car 5yrs old and still has it in the OE head unit. Though it sounds like this is an older vehicle.
Yeah, good point! There was a gap though, where built in BT hadn't really hit the market for head units yet, and the Aux 3.5mm was the best option for an external input.

My car has an MP3 player, reads MP3 off of a disc. When I bought it new in 2002, that was the first MP3 player that I had seen in a car.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, good point! There was a gap though, where built in BT hadn't really hit the market for head units yet, and the Aux 3.5mm was the best option for an external input.

My car has an MP3 player, reads MP3 off of a disc. When I bought it new in 2002, that was the first MP3 player that I had seen in a car.
My car has a USB port in the console too, but it has an awful interface for browsing. BT works, but only for calls... Going to have to replace it, but the NAV is also built into the head unit.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Off Ebay -- Harman Kardon Ten bookshelf speakers -- use to sell for around $350 to $375 a pair in the 90s -- seller listed them for $59 -- He excepted my offer of $40 -- I bought a pair in the past from Circuit City when they were being discontinued. Should be here by end of next week. Yes, the tweeter was designed to go on the bottom

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis