Status
Not open for further replies.
jinjuku

jinjuku

What proof do you have that Nordost cables aren't better?
What makes Marantz different or better than Denon?
Can you prove it?
The proof is in hearing.
What I get out of you rebuttal is your telling me I don't hear a difference.
We've established your misconceptions.
I've got $2000 that says you can't hear the difference in the Nordost PC vs a properly constructed PC of adequate gauge when we perform a blinded listening session. 20 flips of the coin you get 18 out of 20 correct and you are golden.

I think my passport is still valid.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I've got $2000 that says you can't hear the difference in the Nordost PC vs a properly constructed PC of adequate gauge when we perform a blinded listening session. 20 flips of the coin you get 18 out of 20 correct and you are golden.

I think my passport is still valid.
Cricket, Cricket, Crickets ;)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
What proof do you have that Nordost cables aren't better?
What makes Marantz different or better than Denon?
Can you prove it?
The proof is in hearing.
What I get out of you rebuttal is your telling me I don't hear a difference.
We've established your misconceptions.
Put your $ where your ears are. Read post #161.

Surely you want to make a quick and easy $2k and put all of the naysayers to rest at the same time. Since you can so easily hear the difference, 18/20 tries to earn a quick $2k, you would be a fool not to take him up on this offer, right?

R-I-G-H-T

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
One thing is for sure, Nordost is the most expen$ive cable out there or sure.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
One thing is for sure, Nordost is the most expen$ive cable out there or sure.
Not even close. There are several more who charge far more the Nordost does for their top of the line Odin2 ($30k for 1 meter pair, $4k per half meter additional.)

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Well, for starters, there are lab measurements that can prove there are differences. Now, "different" may or may not be "better" but there are differences.

And, the scientific measurements Nordst has to offer is what?

...crickets...

Spoken like a true alien abduction victim. I see hey used your head an their anal probe.

I wouldn't call you a twerp or a moron. I have too much respect for them to insult them like that,

I do love our little game. You stop by every few weeks and respond to our chiding and we get to respond. It makes a great psychological scratching post and I can always use new material. And, the straight lines you feed me are irresistible.

How about every three months.

Testing out some Tara Lab Interconnects.

Nice cables but the Nordost will stay for now.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
You got the protons, neutrons and electrons but you forgot one very important one.

The morons.
Wow, and your an overlord?

My question would be, have you've even heard a cable besides Blue Jeans?
You sound bitter that people in the hobby try different things.
Am I to understand that we should conform to your way of thinking?

Not likely.

Nice try though.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So what else to you "hear" besides cables? Power cords? Plugs? Wall outlets? Wire connection to the breaker boxes? Breaker boxes? Tools used on all the above? Surely all those makes a bigger difference than the last few feet, eh? How about digging inside all those electronic boxes for sources, preamp/amp, speakers and all the wires in there? Man, with all this hardware listening amazing you have time to actually listen to any content....:rolleyes:

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Nice try to the rest of you followers.

I was thinking of doing a $150-$200 (Canadian) interconnect shootout with the following:
Kimber PBJ
Nordost White Lightning
Audioquest Sydney
Tara Lab ASC Prime
Chord Cobra Vee 3

On second thought, maybe not.........
The review would be based on my opinion and not science.

Last edited:
bigus

bigus

Audioholic
So what else to you "hear" besides cables? Power cords? Plugs? Wall outlets? Wire connection to the breaker boxes? Breaker boxes? Tools used on all the above? Surely all those makes a bigger difference than the last few feet, eh? How about digging inside all those electronic boxes for sources, preamp/amp, speakers and all the wires in there? Man, with all this hardware listening amazing you have time to actually listen to any content....:rolleyes:
I've picked my source components long ago. I'm happy with what I have.
It's obvious that the cables are the components that completed the system.
I do have a dedicated circuit if this is what your point is.
You sound on the fence. Listen to some cables. Demo them from a shop close to you.
You might be surprised. You might not be.......

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I've picked my source components long ago. I'm happy with what I have.
It's obvious that the cables are the components that completed the system.
I do have a dedicated circuit if this is what your point is.
You sound on the fence. Listen to some cables. Demo them from a shop close to you.
You might be surprised.
Not Bigus Digus again. For Heaven sake go away! You are a really tiresome little twerp.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Not Bigus Digus again. For Heaven sake go away! You are a really tiresome little twerp.
Not you too?

What exactly is your problem with people who spend money on a hobby.
It's my money?
Who the #uck are you to tell me how to spend it and what I should hear after I spend it?

If you don't think I'm right then so be it. but to call me a twerp, Piss off.
what does it matter to you......

I'm here for the people who can't start a cable thread without you !ucks chiming in and derailing it.

*(This post has been edited for content by Bizarro_Stormy... reader discretion advised)

Last edited by a moderator:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Not you too?

It's my money?
Who the #uck are you to tell me how to spend it and what I should hear after I spend it?

I'm here for the people who can't start a cable thread without you !ucks chiming in and derailing it.
Because you are clearly a shill for Nordost who make some of the poorest constructed cables around price not withstanding.

We don't want members here being relieved of their hard earned cash with you unsubstantiated delusional nonsense.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Because you are clearly a shill for Nordost who make some of the poorest constructed cables around price not withstanding.

We don't want members here being relieved of their hard earned cash with you unsubstantiated delusional nonsense.
That's for them to decide. Not you or anyone else........Right?

I've said before and I'll say again. A demo is free.

If your dealer won't let you demo a cable then walk away.

My preference is Nordost. I happen to think the Nordost build and sound quality is first rate.

Last edited:
P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Not you too?

It's my money?

I'm with you, I've been shot down and called a moron over cables as well. I don't get it, never will. I guess a Ferrari is pointless as well bc a zo6 is just as fast.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
I'm with you, I've been shot down and called a moron over cables as well. I don't get it, never will. I guess a Ferrari is pointless as well bc a zo6 is just as fast.
I like to think of it as,
3 meals out = $300
1 pair of cables $150-200.
I'll have the cables longer....................

I win..............

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis