Status
Not open for further replies.
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I also have an electrical engineering tech diploma. I'm also a master electrician.
I do not design cables.
I make claims that I hear a difference. I also make a claim that my wife and others hear a difference but different than mine. The point is we hear a difference. Can it be proven?
I don't care. The point is I hear a difference. for the better in my case.

If you say a cable is snake oil, people will believe you. That's proven.
You have a lot of followers here. Whats the harm in trying something different?
You sir, have the potential of becoming a millionaire!
http://gizmodo.com/305549/james-randi-offers-1-million-if-audiophiles-can-prove-7250-speaker-cables-are-better

The James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF), and Randi offering $1 million to anyone who can prove expensive cables are any better than ordinary cables.

Just think you'll be able to teach all the doubters in this thread and this site a big lesson.
You can post the picture of you receiving the big check on this forum.
Will you keep your day job?...
Perhaps use the monies to send the kids to the same Tech school you went to?
The possibilities are endless...

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
The JREF challenge was almost a decade ago. The audiophiles that were going to do the test found an excuse and bailed out.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
My home is wired with Nordost wire. The food in my refrigerator tastes so much better than my previous home that was wired with monster brand wire. The hair dryer heats up quicker, my clothes are cleaner so on and so on. Thanks Nordost!

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The JREF challenge was almost a decade ago. The audiophiles that were going to do the test found an excuse and bailed out.
Well I guess that will save lots of embarrassment for the non-believers in this thread...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
My home is wired with Nordost wire. The food in my refrigerator tastes so much better than my previous home that was wired with monster brand wire. The hair dryer heats up quicker, my clothes are cleaner so on and so on. Thanks Nordost!
Yes, but did it also reduce your electric bill?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, but did it also reduce your electric bill?
So much so our utility company will give a free months bill if you upgrade. Nordost did a demo where you could watch you meter before and after, their version of a sighted test. Was amazed, they guarantee a lower bill for the first two weeks compared to the previous month, alls the ask is you allow breakin of 2 weeks running only lights in one room and no other load.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... Was amazed, they guarantee a lower bill for the first two weeks compared to the previous month, alls the ask is you allow breakin of 2 weeks running only lights in one room and no other load.
ROTFLMAO :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

So much so our utility company will give a free months bill if you upgrade. Nordost did a demo where you could watch you meter before and after, their version of a sighted test. Was amazed, they guarantee a lower bill for the first two weeks compared to the previous month, alls the ask is you allow breakin of 2 weeks running only lights in one room and no other load.
Oh, my meter can run backwards but I had to use their solar panels. Or, was that someone else's panels, forgot. ;) :D :D

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
It does it by reducing the light from the lights or the heat from the heaters.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
The use of Nordost cables may result in an erection lasting 4 hours or more. If that should happen contact your doctor promptly or reach out to Dr. Eric Shun at the Noru Massage Happy Ending Center.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Well big guy. I'm still waiting for proof there is an audible difference between these high falutin' cables and ordinary run of the mill cables.

You seem so sure that it's a fact but I've yet to see any solid proof. As a (supposed) cable designer, that should be easy, no?

The fact that you say it's so carries as much weight as an alzheimers patient saying they saw Abraham Lincoln.

Again, nice troll. This is actually fun. Kinda like taking the wings off of a fly and making a walk.
Well big guy, you won't see proof. All I have is my listening and my preferences.
Everyone's listening preference is different.
I don't think Nordost will share their cable construction plans with me.
Like I said, I've been in this game a long time. The change to my system from using decent cables can't be overlooked. After years of using run of the mill cables it was an eye opener.
I don't know where you got this idea that I was a cable designer........
This is great fun though, I get to hash it out with people who are totally ignorant of what decent cables can do for your system. I love a good argument. Especially when I know I'm right.

The biggest changes for me are listed in order:
1) Power source
2) Components
3) Speaker placement
4) Cables

Cables are last but are just as important as all the rest for great sound.......

Calling people twerps and morons seems to be your norm if someone doesn't agree with you.
So be it. Just wait until I push cable direction (yes the dialectric effect), cable jumpers. It's going to be great.......

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Well big guy, you won't see proof. All I have is my listening and my preferences.
Everyone's listening preference is different.
I don't think Nordost will share their cable construction plans with me.
Like I said, I've been in this game a long time. The change to my system from using decent cables can't be overlooked. After years of using run of the mill cables it was an eye opener.
I don't know where you got this idea that I was a cable designer........
This is great fun though, I get to hash it out with people who are totally ignorant of what decent cables can do for your system. I love a good argument. Especially when I know I'm right.

The biggest changes for me are listed in order:
1) Power source
2) Components
3) Speaker placement
4) Cables

Cables are last but are just as important as all the rest for great sound.......

Calling people twerps and morons seems to be your norm if someone doesn't agree with you.
So be it. Just wait until I push cable direction (yes the dialectric effect), cable jumpers. It's going to be great.......
Oh, by the way, did you ever try the battery trick I suggested?

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Oh, by the way, did you ever try the battery trick I suggested?
No. The method does sound alot like the Audioquest DBS system?
I wasn't impressed with the Audioquest cable I heard.

The idea itself sounds good though.....
Maybe with a different construction in cables and jacket coating.

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
No. The method does sound alot like the Audioquest DBS system?
I wasn't impressed with the Audioquest cable I heard.
Very well, we've established that your misconceptions do have at least some limits. Excellent!

The idea itself sounds good though.....
Maybe with a different construction in cables and jacket coating.
Oops, I spoke too soon.

I must point out that there've been an awful lot of reasons offered in this thread disputing the validity of the supposed gains offered by Nordost cables, but the only rebuttals you've been able to offer thusfar have been entirely anecdotal with no supporting data to back them. You also appear to be skipping great dollops of inconvenient truth in order to cherry pick a comment here and there against which to pose your responses. I'm afraid until that changes, you are losing this debate. Badly.

Nice to see you back, though. We find this discussion every bit as amusing as you do.

Last edited:
bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Very well, we've established that your misconceptions do have at least some limits. Excellent!

I must point out that there've been an awful lot of reasons offered in this thread disputing the validity of the supposed gains offered by Nordost cables, but the only rebuttals you've been able to offer thusfar have been entirely anecdotal with no supporting data to back them. I'm afraid until that changes, you are losing this debate. Badly.

Nice to see you back, though. We find this discussion every bit as amusing as you do.
What proof do you have that Nordost cables aren't better?
What makes Marantz different or better than Denon?
Can you prove it?
The proof is in hearing.
What I get out of you rebuttal is your telling me I don't hear a difference.
We've established your misconceptions.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Can you prove it?
The proof is in hearing.
When I bought my Marantz, models offering connections I was specifically shopping for were cheaper than Denons offering the same connections. My cables were also cheaper than yours.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Can you prove it?
Well, for starters, there are lab measurements that can prove there are differences. Now, "different" may or may not be "better" but there are differences.

And, the scientific measurements Nordst has to offer is what?

...crickets...

Spoken like a true alien abduction victim. I see hey used your head an their anal probe.

I wouldn't call you a twerp or a moron. I have too much respect for them to insult them like that,

I do love our little game. You stop by every few weeks and respond to our chiding and we get to respond. It makes a great psychological scratching post and I can always use new material. And, the straight lines you feed me are irresistible.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The only modicum of respect I've got for the OPs position was pure greed if he sold the damn stuff. Maybe its not got anything to do with him
Can you prove it?
The proof is in hearing.
What proof do you have that Nordost isn't normal your average conductor sprinkled with fairy dust?
Who cares?
Prove what?
Whose hearing?
You can easily hear a difference, doesn't mean it means anything to anyone else. Lots of people fool themselves.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The proof is in hearing.
Yes it is. You have yet to demonstrated you can hear an audible difference.
Claiming you can is not demonstration of ability.
And, Nordost has the burden to prove if they claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis