croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
LOL :p:D Once is never enough eye candy for sure :)
Something that cought me by surprise was the blue sheen the SC-27 gives off. It's almost like there's a bluish hue in the faceplate. You can see that the XPA-5 doesn't quite cast that hue. I think Pioneer is getting in to some unusual painting or something.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Something that cought me by surprise was the blue sheen the SC-27 gives off. It's almost like there's a bluish hue in the faceplate. You can see that the XPA-5 doesn't quite cast that hue. I think Pioneer is getting in to some unusual painting or something.
Yes it does have a blue tint that looks pretty cool :cool:

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Yes it does have a blue tint that looks pretty cool :cool:
Added a temperature probe to the set up so I can measure actual AVR/amp temps and see the temps. The temp of the AVR was hitting about 103F after an hour with no fan, and the amp was hitting 95. after tuening on the fans the temps drop to 75-78 F. Nice and cool.

I through in an innards shot of my BDP-S550.:)

inside of my BDP-S550:

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Can you turn down the backlight on the temp probe? I would think that would be a bit bright during movies.

Where did you get parts for doing the project? I am going to need to do this in my rack. I've left enough space at the top and bottom to put a row of fans at each end. I want to pull air in at the bottom and push it out the top. Did you use computer fans?

Thanks.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Can you turn down the backlight on the temp probe? I would think that would be a bit bright during movies.

Where did you get parts for doing the project? I am going to need to do this in my rack. I've left enough space at the top and bottom to put a row of fans at each end. I want to pull air in at the bottom and push it out the top. Did you use computer fans?

Thanks.
Hi adk highlander,

The fans are 12V DC computer fans that I took out of an old computer I had (which had died). I have them each wired to 12V (variable voltage) unversal AC/DC converter that has settings for 3, 4.5, 6, 9 and 12V output. I'm running the fans at 6V presently as that gives me a good balance between air flow and noise. My rack is already open at the back, so I'm pushing the air from the back to the front. It works quite well.

I got the temp probe assembly from www.coolerguys.com . It doesn't allow for dimming of the LED readout, but it really isn't too bright IMO.I guess you could put some tinted tape over them to darken if you had to.

It cost me about 85 bucks total including the probe and universal AC/DC adapters.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thanks for the info.

I've got tons of spare parts at my office so I will have to pull a few apart and grab the fans. I was also thinking of just using a computer power supply to run the fans as the would have the correct connectors and such. I just want to find one small enough.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the info.

I've got tons of spare parts at my office so I will have to pull a few apart and grab the fans. I was also thinking of just using a computer power supply to run the fans as the would have the correct connectors and such. I just want to find one small enough.
I forgot to mention the switch (from Radio Shack) that I have the set up wired to. I'm running one on each side of the credenza (at the back). This is how I turn them on/off. I may upgrade to a temp sensing switch eventually.

You can see it does get a little dusty (like a computer), so I dust off monthly with compressed air. Looks like its about due.:)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Nice. I am thinking of using one of the switched outlets on my powercenter to kick it on every time the prepro is on. My rack is recessed so I don't think the fan noise will be audible from my listening position.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Added a temperature probe to the set up so I can measure actual AVR/amp temps and see the temps. The temp of the AVR was hitting about 103F after an hour with no fan, and the amp was hitting 95. after tuening on the fans the temps drop to 75-78 F. Nice and cool.

I through in an innards shot of my BDP-S550.:)

inside of my BDP-S550:
VERY NICE !!

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
System Evolution

Here's some shots summarizing the changes I've made over the last 3-4 years. It's a little subtle, but they are there.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Have you messed with the port tuning on your SVS subs at all?

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Have you messed with the port tuning on your SVS subs at all?
See slide#5. Actually, I tuned and calibrated in 15Hz mode. It does offer more low end, but since I'm 60/40 music/movies, I leave it in 20 Hz tune. I really like how 20 Hz tune slams.

Waboman

Waboman

Audiophyte
Love the PB13U sub stack! Every now & then I feel my house rumble just a bit. I tell the wife, don't worry, honey. It's only croseiv watching a movie.:cool:

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, It's been a whole year since I last posted in my thread...:eek:

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Welcome back!

Now we just need to give you upgraditis so you'll frequent this thread more regularly!:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
LOL! I think two Ultras are plenty.:D Did you ever decide on a sub (I think I remember you were looking a while back).
Hey ya, I was looking but then moved and now it's very cramped with space so it's out for now, unfortunately.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis