ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
What the heck is that transformer looking thing with fans? The black thing on the little table, in front of the left sub.

I don't like it and it scares me a little.

Get it out of there now!!!!!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
What the heck is that transformer looking thing with fans? The black thing on the little table, in front of the left sub.

I don't like it and it scares me a little.

Get it out of there now!!!!!

That would be a computer :)

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
OK... but I will never be comfortable until it's either gone or I understand it better

Greg, What you see there is my HT PC. I built it myself. It is a little unusual in appearance because I chose not to use a standard computer case. The thing that stands out on top is the graphics card (ASUS GTX 680) which feeds my 60" LED display via HDMI. I'm using two SSD in RAID 0 configuration. It boots in about 15 seconds.:)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Greg, What you see there is my HT PC. I built it myself. It is a little unusual in appearance because I chose not to use a standard computer case. The thing that stands out on top is the graphics card (ASUS GTX 680) which feeds my 60" LED display via HDMI. I'm using two SSD in RAID 0 configuration. It boots in about 15 seconds.:)
OK, I will let you keep it for now but only after I see more pictures of it up close.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
OK, I will let you keep it for now but only after I see more pictures of it up close.
Here you go Greg:

1. This is an overhead shot looking down at the motherboard. The CPU is a core i72600k with 16 gb of RAM at 2133 MHz.

2. From the front. You'll see the two SSD (120 gb each) in RAID 0 plus the 1 TB HDD and a blu-ray drive.

3. The PSU is a Corsair HX850 (850 watts)

4. The graphics card. It's a GTX 680 (ASUS Direct TOP CUII) -nVidia.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
The OS is Windows 7. I am using this computer to feed my display with 1080p from the internet. It works well! And gaming is fun too.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
OK...That is cool, you may keep it...

I have a question about my mouse but you seem to advanced for me to ask...

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
OK...That is cool, you may keep it...

I have a question about my mouse but you seem to advanced for me to ask...

Greg, It's not that hard to do. You can hook up your sound system right? You can also build a PC....

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a shot of my latest arrangement. :) I call my cave the Sound Cage now. I Im quite enjoying the DIY speakers (LR mains). I'm running the Ultras in sealed mode. Wow.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looking good, man! The photo linked from your "system" signature is similar but a lot higher quality...so I guess that I won't make fun of your photo skills. :p :D

I'm jealous of how nice your subs look. :)

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Looking good, man! The photo linked from your "system" signature is similar but a lot higher quality...so I guess that I won't make fun of your photo skills. :p :D

Thanks Adam. There are subtle changes in the front stage appearance, but I also upgraded my mains to accept dual binding posts as the new crossover accepts that.

Here is a back end shot (sorry for the poor penmanship on the speakers description plates). I am planning to get some etched brass.:

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Which tuning did you use before
How do you perceive the change from the bass-reflex (whichever tuning you were using) mode, to the sealed mode?

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Which tuning did you use before
How do you perceive the change from the bass-reflex (whichever tuning you were using) mode, to the sealed mode?
Going to fully sealed mode gives the impression of tighter bass, and deeper.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis