croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Which tuning did you use before
How do you perceive the change from the bass-reflex (whichever tuning you were using) mode, to the sealed mode?
haraldo,
I wanted to give you a tad more explanation of the audible differences I hear between the ported and sealed modes. Originally I was using 15 Hz tune and was very pleased with the result. Honestly, there's not a big difference between the two modes on this sub. What I have found is that in sealed mode there is a tad less boom keeping the same amount of punchiness in the music. The low end enhancement has been experienced with the movies I watch, and I prefer the sealed mode here since it seems to give better ULF performance (felt in the shaking of my couch for example) with the same upper frequency out put. Sealed mode seemed to offer enhanced ULF performance over 15Hz tune. So with slightly improved musical performance and better ULF I prefer sealed mode here.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
THX!!!!

It's really what I think...... In general I believe a sealed system can be slightly better in control, due to less ringing...... I believe this is audible

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis