My piece of A/V heaven

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
For a time Innersound trumped Logan's for bass integration but that line has been blurred in last 2-3 years, the Innseround employs a transmission line bass loading system and requires 2 amps with a provided external bass amp with built in crossover. The Innersounds big problem is its flat statter which offers only a 20in or so sweetspot, so often it is called a "head in a vice" speaker that looses its magic quickly outside that narrow area, but inside that space it does things that simply amaze you.
Yes I see what you mean, the Logans have a curved panel offering a bit wider sweetspot. But like you said with the Innersounds, if you are in the 20in or so, the sound will amaze. Innersound and Martin Logan have to be some of the few speakers out there that offer the sweetest midrange.:)

Seth

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
So.... whats next?

SheepStar
For the near future, probably a second Martin Logan Descent subwoofer. Later on (2 years or so) a dedicated Home Theater room and a dedicated 2 channel music room.

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
If you ever go sluming, check my system out as it will give you insiight into what speakers I went with post Innersound to capture a large part of what I liked in stats' but with more usable dynamics, bass and sweetspot and seeing how I was use to large size of my Innersounds I went with another larger speaker hybrid. My current speakers still Bi-amp with thier own external powered crossover just like the Innersounds. I do think the new Summit may be one of the truely best values in speakers period, next to the Vandersteen Quatro and 5A.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
I checked out your setup and it is most impressive.:) I see what you mean about your VMPS speakers, they are tall, are hybrid designs, and use ribbon drivers. A lot of the magic you had with Innersound is no doubt similar in these speakers.

And I agree, the ML Summits are one of the best values in speakers.

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Well thanks again, I went ahead and ordered the $1400 mid rabge ribbon upgrade this past week, now there will be six mids in each speaker and it is supposed to be a signifcant upgrade. I may make a sick DIY center with 1 of the old ribbons and parts from my center that matches. More to come...cheers

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Looking forward to your thoughts on the new ribbon drivers. I'll bet they're gonna' sound sweet!

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
I haven't upgraded any more AV gear (yet), but I did give my Martin Logan Aerius i surrounds a bit of a face lift. They have had black wood trim for years, and I have always wanted them to match my ML reQuest mains. So I finally took 'em off and refinished them, and now they are a beautiful natural oak finish. It was a lot of work refinishing them but I think they came out just splendid.

Before

After

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Looks great, and it sure beats paying a premium for new rails!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't upgraded any more AV gear (yet), but I did give my Martin Logan Aerius i surrounds a bit of a face lift. They have had black wood trim for years, and I have always wanted them to match my ML reQuest mains. So I finally took 'em off and refinished them, and now they are a beautiful natural oak finish. It was a lot of work refinishing them but I think they came out just splendid.
I agree...they came out splendid! Beautiful job, and they look fantastic.

I never would have thought about refinishing those myself. Kudos, Seth. Great job!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i've heard oak to black - but black to oak! wow!
very nice how it turned out.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Looks great, and it sure beats paying a premium for new rails!
I agree...they came out splendid! Beautiful job, and they look fantastic.

I never would have thought about refinishing those myself. Kudos, Seth. Great job!
i've heard oak to black - but black to oak! wow!
very nice how it turned out.
Thank you guys for the very nice compliments.;) It was quite a bit of work, but after seeing them finished, it was well worth it.:)

Seth

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis