My piece of A/V heaven

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
New home theater seating

Well after using the current HT seating for over 2 years now, it's time for a change.:) While the current seats are good, they just don't quite offer the level of comfort a dedicated recliner gives. Because of this the search has been on looking for something that will offer the comfort of a stand alone recliner but in a HT configuration. After trying out various brands, finally settled on these Berkline model 45016 seats.

And what's going to be a first for me is these will include ButtKicker tactile transducers in every seat. I've read about how cool it is, so now I'll actually get to use 'em at home.:) They're also full power recline which will be kinda cool.

The only sucky part is they're special order because of the leather grade and ButtKicker option, so I won't receive them for another 6-8 weeks. But it's cool, it'll be something to look forward to.

Seth

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Those look really good Seth. Are you going with the leather color in the picture?

I have been kicking this around myself as my sectional couch while comfortable for lounging, doesn't really get it done for HT and that is 90% of my use in the room. Also, I'm 6'6" and that creates a problem with standard chair dimensions.

Well after using the current HT seating for over 2 years now, it's time for a change.:) While the current seats are good, they just don't quite offer the level of comfort a dedicated recliner gives. Because of this the search has been on looking for something that will offer the comfort of a stand alone recliner but in a HT configuration. After trying out various brands, finally settled on these Berkline model 45016 seats.

And what's going to be a first for me is these will include ButtKicker tactile transducers in every seat. I've read about how cool it is, so now I'll actually get to use 'em at home.:) They're also full power recline which will be kinda cool.

The only sucky part is they're special order because of the leather grade and ButtKicker option, so I won't receive them for another 6-8 weeks. But it's cool, it'll be something to look forward to.

Seth

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Those look really good Seth. Are you going with the leather color in the picture?

I have been kicking this around myself as my sectional couch while comfortable for lounging, doesn't really get it done for HT and that is 90% of my use in the room. Also, I'm 6'6" and that creates a problem with standard chair dimensions.
Thanks.;)

Yes the leather color should be identical to the one in the photo. And what's cool is that these are 100% leather with no vinyl.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Those look incredibly comfy! Did you get to feel em out beforehand?
I got to try out some Berkline's that were very similar, and they felt sooo good.:) So I'm expecting these to be at least on par, if not better, as this model is only one of two models that has a special double cushioning seat area.

Seth

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Actually still have about a week to go before the new seats arrive. I will definitely post some pix of the whole new look once they arrive.:) I can't wait to try out those ButtKickers!:D

Seth

J

jamie2112

Banned
I don't know how I missed this post before. Those look very comfortable Seth. Nice choice. Buttkickers are great you are going to have a whole new HT experience.....Sweeet:D

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
I don't know how I missed this post before. Those look very comfortable Seth. Nice choice. Buttkickers are great you are going to have a whole new HT experience.....Sweeet:D
Thanks!:) Yeah I am really looking forward to trying out the ButtKickers.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
Thats Crazy Dude. There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
OK Seth, it's time to post some pics of the new seats.:)
Yeah you're right it's definitely time. ;) I would have posted them sooner, but I just got 'em on Monday. So without further ado, here they are:

And I have to tell you guys, they are as comfortable as they look.;) And the ButtKickers that the HT seats have are pretty awesome!:D

Seth

snappy_snoopy

snappy_snoopy

Audioholic
I dont know what a butkicker is but i am not sure if the name is anything to go by it sounds a bit painfull :rolleyes:

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
That is an amazing setup you have! I'm quite jealous! :D

So, do the buttkickers contribute substantially to the bass effects of a tract?

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
I dont know what a butkicker is but i am not sure if the name is anything to go by it sounds a bit painfull :rolleyes:
It's a kick in the butt but in a good way.;) A ButtKicker is a brand of "tactile transducer" that is normally installed under a seat or sofa, which when connected to an audio systems subwoofer output provides a powerful vibration, or thump that only activates when an LFE signal is present.
It really adds to the whole movie watching experience.:)

Seth

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
That is an amazing setup you have! I'm quite jealous! :D

So, do the buttkickers contribute substantially to the bass effects of a tract?
Thank you for the nice compliment on my setup.;)

The ButtKickers add a whole new level of immersion when watching a movie. I never knew that they were this amazing! I highly recommend them.

Seth

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis