My piece of A/V heaven

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hezues christo!

Nice setup. How often does it see action?

SheepStar

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Thank's guys for the kind words.:) As for how often it sees action, everyday!:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
when was the "reQuest" ML released? is it a new model? it looks way bigger than any ML models today. how much is it? does it have a woofer at the bottom? what size?

i'm very very very very envious of your stuff btw ... and especially how neat your place is :) even with all that stuff.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
You are going to make everyone on the forum jealous with a system like that! It is gorgeous!

So what are your listening habits with system like that?

A

alexsound

Audioholic
Thank's guys for the kind words.:) As for how often it sees action, everyday!:D
HOLY CRAP !!!! :eek: Someone said something about a bucket of money falling on someone's head in an unrelated thread, and the person said no, BUT, a dumptruck of money must have fallen on your head !! This system
looks AMAZING, and probably sounds the same way !! Did you do the entire
installation yourself, or was it a custom installer ? :confused:

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
First off, that is a very impressive setup. Very clean and excellent component selection.

The left and right side surrounds are Martin Logan Aerius i). Here a photo of one of the Aerius i.

My only quesiton is, since your surrounds are Electrostatic type speakers, don't you need to leave 2-3 feet behind them (between them and the walls)...

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
when was the "reQuest" ML released? is it a new model? it looks way bigger than any ML models today. how much is it? does it have a woofer at the bottom? what size?

i'm very very very very envious of your stuff btw ... and especially how neat your place is :) even with all that stuff.
First off, thanks for the very nice compliment.;) Wire management was a bit tricky, especially with all the components, but I was able to organize it all so it wouldn't look like a big bundle of spaghetti.:D

The reQuest model was made from 1996 to 2001, the ones I have are the newest production run in 2001. Price for them was $5,000. Average price for them now in the used market is between $2,500 to $3,000. And you're right, the reQuest is much larger in size than their new line of speakers. The reQuest tower at just over 6 feet while the new ML Summit is a tad under 5 feet.

Yes it does have a woofer in the bottom section, a 12 inch driver in a sealed enclosure.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
You are going to make everyone on the forum jealous with a system like that! It is gorgeous!

So what are your listening habits with system like that?
Thank you for the compliments on my setup.:)

As for what I like to listen to on them Logans, well basically everything but Opera and Country.:D Usually I listen to Rock, Classic Rock, Modern Blues, New Flamenco, Classical, and Contemporary Jazz.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
HOLY CRAP !!!! :eek: Someone said something about a bucket of money falling on someone's head in an unrelated thread, and the person said no, BUT, a dumptruck of money must have fallen on your head !! This system
looks AMAZING, and probably sounds the same way !! Did you do the entire
installation yourself, or was it a custom installer ? :confused:
Thanks for that very nice coimpliment.;)

While a lot of the gear wasn't exactly cheap, the really nice thing was being able to do it in stages. One thing here one thing there and over the course of time it's all complete (we'll almost, as us AVphiles are prone to the upgrade bug:)). And that's the really cool thing about this AV hobby of ours, we don't have to get everything all at once. But once complete, movies and music in a well designed HT is one of the greatest venues of escapism.

And I have to say that a lot of you here have some truly amazing HT systems.:)

Re the installation, yes I did the install myself. And come December sometime, the final upgrade (for a while anyway) will be the pre/pro. I am going to replace my Sunfire TGIII with Denon's upcoming AVP-A1HD pre/pro. With all it's functionality and connectivity options I should be set for many years to come. The thing has 6 HDMI 1.3a inputs! and it allows lossless Wi-Fi audio streaming from a PC (iTunes, WMA) for playback of AAC, WMA, FLAC, and WAV.

I can't wait!

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
First off, that is a very impressive setup. Very clean and excellent component selection.

My only quesiton is, since your surrounds are Electrostatic type speakers, don't you need to leave 2-3 feet behind them (between them and the walls)...
Thanks for the kind words.:)

To answer your question, yes typically electrostats do require plenty of "breathing" room to sound their best. And I say typically because while the front left and right mains absolutely need at the very least 2 feet (mine are 3 feet from the wall), the surrounds aren't quite as critical and can be safely placed closer to the wall will very little sonic penalty.

Martin Logan even has wall mounted electrostats just for surround use (Stylos and Script/Script i).

majorloser

majorloser

Just another member who has a system that makes me want to cry :(

Beautiful system and home. That new Denon pre/pro is a BEAST! I wish I could swing that to replace my pre/pro.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I know that I've already make a remark on your system, but this thread came back around, so I looked through it again. I can't fully describe my emotions as I sit in stunned admiration. If I could emulate any system that I've seen so far, this would be it (with this one also being up there). Beautiful. I have always been a fan of ML speakers, but that's not all. Your whole layout is just fantastic. Very well planned out and set up. Kudos, my friend. I bet that it has brought you many hours of enjoyment.

No insult intended to anyone else here. There are a lot of great system on this forum that I admire (most of which are far better than mine). This one though...muy perfecto.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Just another member who has a system that makes me want to cry :(

Beautiful system and home. That new Denon pre/pro is a BEAST! I wish I could swing that to replace my pre/pro.
Thanks for the compliments.;)

Yes that Denon pre/pro is a beast. And a heavy one at that, it weighs 60 lbs! To give a comparison, my Sunfire TGIII weighs 22 lbs. Before I found out about the Denon pre/pro, I was thinking about getting either a Theta CBIII, Classe' SSP-600, or Anthem D2. With the Theta having a card based architecture I figured it would have all the latest and greatest stuff available.

Well to my disappointment it doesn't. No HDMI, no Audyssey pro, no HQV Realta, no Wi-Fi, and not even a multichannel analog input for my DVD-A/SACD player. Although a separate box is available for purchase from Theta called the Six Shooter that has those multichannel inputs. So needless to say I scratched Theta off of my list.

And while the Classe' has to be one of the sexiest looking pre/pro's I have ever seen, it like the Theta just didn't have all the new decoding/processing and enough connectivity options. The Anthem has the connectivity covered pretty well, but it still doesn't do all the latest stuff.

So I figured well heck, looks like I'm going to have to wait quite a while to find what I'm looking for. Then one day while browsing the web I read about Denon releasing a Pre/pro. I check the specs out on this thing and it is everything I have been looking for in a pre/pro and then some.

Simply put, the Denon AVP-A1HD has to be the most technologically advanced pre/pro around. About the only pre/pro that comes close to what the Denon has, is the upcoming Krell Evolution. But it's going to retail for a mind boggling $30,000! And it still doesn't do everything that the Denon will. I think that the new Denon is going to be the one to beat.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
I know that I've already make a remark on your system, but this thread came back around, so I looked through it again. I can't fully describe my emotions as I sit in stunned admiration. If I could emulate any system that I've seen so far, this would be it (with this one also being up there). Beautiful. I have always been a fan of ML speakers, but that's not all. Your whole layout is just fantastic. Very well planned out and set up. Kudos, my friend. I bet that it has brought you many hours of enjoyment.

No insult intended to anyone else here. There are a lot of great system on this forum that I admire (most of which are far better than mine). This one though...muy perfecto.
That has to be the nicest compliment I have ever received about my system.:):) Thank you very much!! This hobby of all of ours is great, and it's awesome that we get share our passion of everything AV with fellow enthusiasts like yourself.;) Heck you just made my day!:D

I checked out that B&W/Classe' setup, and I have to agree with you, that is one amazing music system. The guy definitely has some great taste in audio gear. It must sound incredible. I have actually listened to those exact same speakers, but instead of Classe' gear, it was Krell. Besides Logans, those B&W's are some of the finest sounding speakers I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

Again many thanks!

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Well I've made some big changes to my setup. I replaced my Sunfire TGIII pre/pro with Denon's new AVP-A1HDCI pre/pro and added a Denon 2500BTCI Blu-ray transport.

Here's some pix.

Denon AVP-A1HDCI

B]Denon BT2500 Blu-ray Transport[/B]

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Fantastic looking (and I'm sure sounding) system Seth, well done! I don't know how I missed this one but as many have said, simply incredible down to the racks and wiring.

Are you running an ML sub(s)?

Thanks for posting the pics, very :cool:

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Very nice stuff there!:cool: Does the Dolby True HD seem better than the Dolby Digital?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis