My piece of A/V heaven

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
All I can say is WOW! When people see that for the first time, do they stop in their tracks and gape slack jawed for a moment?

Brian_the_King

Brian_the_King

Full Audioholic
All I can say is WOW! When people see that for the first time, do they stop in their tracks and gape slack jawed for a moment?
+1, I stopped in my tracks just seeing a picture! Piece of heaven indeed :eek: :D

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Thanks.;)

Yes, people are pretty much speechless when they first see it. Of course the first thing that hits them is the size of the TV and speakers.:)

+1, I stopped in my tracks just seeing a picture! Piece of heaven indeed :eek: :D
Thank you.:)

itschris

itschris

Ummm... what a disgusting, bulbus, arrogant display of wealth and taste... where can I get one?

Sweet system, Seth. I'm a huge fan of the monster Logans. If you got the room and power, they just sing like angels.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Ummm... what a disgusting, bulbus, arrogant display of wealth and taste... where can I get one?

Sweet system, Seth. I'm a huge fan of the monster Logans. If you got the room and power, they just sing like angels.
:p

Thank you.;) Yes the large Logans are pretty sweet sounding. I've been through quite a few different models and sizes of ML speakers and found the reQuest to sound the best in the large listening space.

itschris

itschris

:p

Thank you.;) Yes the large Logans are pretty sweet sounding. I've been through quite a few different models and sizes of ML speakers and found the reQuest to sound the best in the large listening space.
Those shouldn't even be called speakers, they're more like... I dunno... walls!

That's a huge tv! What made you go with an RPTV over a projector in that room. I would think at that level, you'd be pushing 110+ screen size with a pj.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Yes I think your TV is waaayyy to small for that room it looks just terrible with those small unobtrusive logans. You guys and your mini toys,Jeez just go buy a bigger house and you will be fine...:D

itschris

itschris

Yeah isn't funny how a 70" tv can look too small? HA! C'mon Seth... get with the program!

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Those shouldn't even be called speakers, they're more like... I dunno... walls!

That's a huge tv! What made you go with an RPTV over a projector in that room. I would think at that level, you'd be pushing 110+ screen size with a pj.
Yeah it's pretty big.:) And if it had been available in an even larger size I would have gotten it.

The main reason I opted to go with an RPTV over a front projector and screen, had to do with light control. At times when someone is in the adjacent room with the lights on, that light would enter the HT room and therefor would not allow a dark enough viewing environment for a pj. So because of this, the big Sony made the most sense.

Now at some point when I get a dedicated HT room built, then I'm going to go with the best front projector and screen for the room.

But for the here and now the Sony delivers the HD goods.

Seth

Yes I think your TV is waaayyy to small for that room it looks just terrible with those small unobtrusive logans. You guys and your mini toys,Jeez just go buy a bigger house and you will be fine...:D
Yeah isn't funny how a 70" tv can look too small? HA! C'mon Seth... get with the program!
That's too funny!:D

F

fox

Audioholic
You have an awesome setup. Really beautiful. Congrats on something so nice.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Speakers:
Martin Logan Models: reQuest, Aerius i, Theater i, Descent

Associated electronics:

Pre-Pro/Amplifiers

Pre-Pro: Sunfire Theater Grand III
5 Channel Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Series II
5 Channel Amp: Sonance Sonamp 5150

Source

CD Player: Sony CDP-XA20ES
HD DVD Player: Toshiba HD-XA2
DVD/DVD-A/SACD Player: Yamaha DVD-S2300
CD Recorder: Denon CDR-W1500
S-VHS VCR: JVC HRS-9911U
S-VHS VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U82
HD Satellite: Dish Network HD VIP622 DVR/ Hughes HR10-250 Tivo DVR/DirecTV Receiver
Laserdisc Player: Pioneer DVL-919
Minidisc Recorder: Sony MDS-JE530
Tape Deck: Sony TC-K707ES

Display

Sony KDS-R70XBR2 70" SXRD HDTV

Power Conditioner/Surge Protection

Monster Power HTS 5000
Panamax Max DBS
APC Smart UPS SUA750

Additional electronics

Outlaw Audio ICBM 1 Bass Manager
Yamaha APD-1 AC-3 RF Demodulator

Additional Speakers

Subwoofer: ADS MS3
Rear Center Surrounds: Paradigm Mini Monitors
Rear L/R Height Channels: Paradigm Mini Monitors

Interconnects/Speaker Wire

Speaker Cables - Mains: Monster Cable M Series (Bi-Wired Shotgun Configuration)
Speaker Cable - Center: Monter Cable M Series
Speaker Cable - Surrounds: Monster Cable Original 12 gauge
Interconnects: Outlaw Audio PCA with locking barrel ends
Coax Digital: Apature Accusound Digital
Optical: Monster Light Speed 200
XLR Balanced Cables: Cobalt Ultimate Balanced XLR
HDMI Cables: Audioquest Cinemaquest HDMI X
Not to go off topic, but i love the pattern of the skip trowel on your ceiling, Its quite nice. You have a very nice set up there also. Be proud!

Peace,
Tommy

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Well thought out and executed system that leaves little doubt of amaxing performance, I still own a pair of Electrostats (Innersounds) that tho not in my system anymore they always are remembered as a fantastic very unique sound most cant match. Have you ever thought of Projector? You sure have a big screen but at your level a larger Projector (if even just for movies) doesnt seem so crazy to wonder about no? Whats really cool about yours and similar speakers is the large height and scale of sound, that size and speed leaves a grin for miles on your face, its mesmerizing!
Seriously you really have something special that is a bench mark most would love to get even close too...........VERY NICE!

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Not to go off topic, but i love the pattern of the skip trowel on your ceiling, Its quite nice. You have a very nice set up there also. Be proud!

Peace,
Tommy
Thank you for that very nice compliment.:)

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Well thought out and executed system that leaves little doubt of amaxing performance, I still own a pair of Electrostats (Innersounds) that tho not in my system anymore they always are remembered as a fantastic very unique sound most cant match. Have you ever thought of Projector? You sure have a big screen but at your level a larger Projector (if even just for movies) doesnt seem so crazy to wonder about no? Whats really cool about yours and similar speakers is the large height and scale of sound, that size and speed leaves a grin for miles on your face, its mesmerizing!
Seriously you really have something special that is a bench mark most would love to get even close too...........VERY NICE!
Thank you for the very nice compliment on my setup.;)

Yes electrostats are amazing, and the thing that really impresses me is the quality of sound, especially in the midrange. I have seen Innersound but I have never listened to them. They look very nice. Is the sound pretty similar to Martin Logan? I know that both are hybrid designs with a woofer section. And what's interesting about Innersound is that they make some really nice amps as well.

While the newer line of ML speakers sound excellent, they are quite a bit smaller both in height and width. The reQuest model that I have has one of the largest panels ML ever made. I plan on keeping them for some time to come.:)

Yes I almost went the front projector route. Was thinking of getting either a Sony or JVC pj and Stewart Filmscreen (110-120 inch). The only reason I opted for a RPTV was due to not being able to have the room dark at all times. Since there is another room that is connected to the HT room, a lot of times someone is going in there and turning on the lights. This of course will wash out the image a bit. So until I can get a dedicated HT room built, the big Sony 70XBR2 is the best choice.

Seth

majorloser

majorloser

Just for future reference.

If I was looking for a new fixed screen for front projection, I'd look at the new SI Screens "Black Diamond". Those screens are AWESOME with ambient light. I got a chance to see one at this year's EHX in Orlando. I have a Stewart Luxus Deluxe w/ Firehawk material. Now I want to change to the Black Diamond.

Check out this link:
http://www.siscreens.com/videos/

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Just for future reference.

If I was looking for a new fixed screen for front projection, I'd look at the new SI Screens "Black Diamond". Those screens are AWESOME with ambient light. I got a chance to see one at this year's EHX in Orlando. I have a Stewart Luxus Deluxe w/ Firehawk material. Now I want to change to the Black Diamond.

Check out this link:
http://www.siscreens.com/videos/
Wow that is very impressive! When I get a dedicated HT room built, that will definitely be my top choice now. Thanks for sharing.:)

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
For a time Innersound trumped Logan's for bass integration but that line has been blurred in last 2-3 years, the Innseround employs a transmission line bass loading system and requires 2 amps with a provided external bass amp with built in crossover. The Innersounds big problem is its flat statter which offers only a 20in or so sweetspot, so often it is called a "head in a vice" speaker that looses its magic quickly outside that narrow area, but inside that space it does things that simply amaze you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis