DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrMarsh

Banned
In this thread which raises the question of who won the prize for the best Rocket review, the poster, veritasmania, makes the following comment:

Will it survive?
I am "veritasmania" from av123 forum. Mark Schifter PM'ed me about my post. Here it is:

Private Message: Your comments...

Today, 05:14 PM
Mark L. Schifter
AV123.com Founder Join Date: Dec 2002

Your comments...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your comments have been well noted...

I would ask you this... can you find one raffle where the goods have not been delivered... You can't - as we just delivered the remaining one that had to be held as the person involved was not ready to receive the goods.

As well... after one year + of effort we are down to 4 pairs of undelivered speakers... Although the reasons varied - it was ABSOLUTELY on me (or us) to get this done...

Raffles - well, you are surely correct in a few spots, but I'm working on delivery of this as well...

Perhaps you have never had anything truly horrible happen to you (I hope not in fact), but to say what you said is not fair or correct - given ALL of the facts.

I have avoided posting or saying much of anything on ANY forum over the last few months - but you can be sure of one thing. I will not take rest until I have taken care of my personal, and moral responsibilities...

Know that please...

Maybe saying what you did somehow makes it better for you - and if that's the case then I will only feel sorry...

I've not hidden myself - or my agenda. Having to take two or three steps back at av123 so that I CAN DELIVER on my obligations has been very hard - but it's the least I can do... I suffer every day for some of this - but I also know the truth about the speakers and the delivery of goods...

Fair enough...

Respectfully,

Mark

Mods, if it is not acceptable to post this PM please let me know or just delete it. I am "crazy about the truth", so I thought sharing it was appropriate.

M

MrMarsh

Banned
and here is my response to Mark:

Private Message: Re: Your comments...
Recipients: Mark L. Schifter

Today, 09:43 PM
veritasmania
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2009

Re: Your comments...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, whatever you say. I've got to run now, the Easter Bunny is on the phone and my dog is outside chasing Bigfoot around the yard.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well MrMarsh, nice job and I'd imagine your posting at VA321 will be closely monitored and possibly restricted after this outing :D Although it was not specifically stated, you have violated several sections of Article 58, Criminal Code of the RSFSR. Click here (http://www.cyberussr.com/rus/uk58-e.html) for an explanation. This cannot be tolerated, I'm sure you understand. As you must know, you can only have strength through unity and unity through faith.

So, it's only 4 pairs of speakers he has to make good on. I think that's pretty conservative counting by Shifty. He of course forgot to add all the refunds he has to make good on too let alone payments to suppliers past and present, obligations to creditors, loans that were never repaid, the RSL-II fiasco, and, and, and! Oh, and all those royalties that are supposed to be going to (former) people who've developed some of their products that were either never paid or are signficantly in arrears. We'll just leave those off the table.

This person in V for Vendetta said it concisely, "Disgusting".

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
As to people not having received their whatever from the raffles, I can think of possibly two. One person had posted some time back on VA321 that they never received their MFW-15. That post was deleted. Then there is the person who was supposed to get a Seaton Submersive as well as an in-house setup by Seaton himself. AFAIK, that never happened and the onus was not on Seaton but on Shifty to pay for the sub and pay for the expenses involved for Seaton.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
4 undelivered might refer to the L69/LS9 but there is no mention of refunds (the OP is still waiting in this case for his the last he posted here) as well individuals pre-paid for a product/speaker that has not even made it to the market yet. How long has money been exchanged for being on this pre-paid list? :eek: That would count as undelivered on product and/or refund. The number would have to be greater than 4 relating to products.

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
4 undelivered might refer to the L69/LS9 but there is no mention of refunds (the OP is still waiting in this case for his the last he posted here) as well individuals pre-paid for a product/speaker that has not even made it to the market yet. How long has money been exchanged for being on this pre-paid list? :eek: That would count as undelivered on product and/or refund. The number would have to be greater than 4 relating to products.
Yep. Still waiting. Once again he pulled his "let's see how far I can drag this out" routine and told me right before Christmas that he'd be able to repay me by last week, and just like every other time he then said some form "I'm terribly sorry and I'll have it to you by x." The only difference is this time instead of x date he said he doesn't know. Guess he lost the enjoyment of laughing uncontrollably at screwing me over. Now I guess he's gonna amuse himself by reflecting on the jobs he pulled on charities.

B

BWG707

Audioholic
I am "veritasmania" from av123 forum. Mark Schifter PM'ed me about my post. Here it is:

Private Message: Your comments...

Today, 05:14 PM
Mark L. Schifter
AV123.com Founder Join Date: Dec 2002

Your comments...

Your comments have been well noted...

I would ask you this... can you find one raffle where the goods have not been delivered... You can't - as we just delivered the remaining one that had to be held as the person involved was not ready to receive the goods.

As well... after one year + of effort we are down to 4 pairs of undelivered speakers... Although the reasons varied - it was ABSOLUTELY on me (or us) to get this done...

Raffles - well, you are surely correct in a few spots, but I'm working on delivery of this as well...

Perhaps you have never had anything truly horrible happen to you (I hope not in fact), but to say what you said is not fair or correct - given ALL of the facts.

I have avoided posting or saying much of anything on ANY forum over the last few months - but you can be sure of one thing. I will not take rest until I have taken care of my personal, and moral responsibilities...

Know that please...

Maybe saying what you did somehow makes it better for you - and if that's the case then I will only feel sorry...

I've not hidden myself - or my agenda. Having to take two or three steps back at av123 so that I CAN DELIVER on my obligations has been very hard - but it's the least I can do... I suffer every day for some of this - but I also know the truth about the speakers and the delivery of goods...

Fair enough...

Respectfully,

Mark

Mods, if it is not acceptable to post this PM please let me know or just delete it. I am "crazy about the truth", so I thought sharing it was appropriate.
Blah, Blah, Blah. It's always the same old thing; a bunch of B.S. Yes and we do feel so sorry for you. You need to quit playing the sympathy card and ACTUALLY attend to your "moral responsibilities".

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
You know it's sad thing when you've run matters so far into the ground that you're counting on the fact that someone died and left money as your only hope. It better be one hell of a rainmaker.

Oh, and you forgot to say humbly, bumbly.

M

MrMarsh

Banned
Well MrMarsh, nice job and I'd imagine your posting at VA321 will be closely monitored and possibly restricted after this outing :D Although it was not specifically stated, you have violated several sections of Article 58, Criminal Code of the RSFSR. Click here (http://www.cyberussr.com/rus/uk58-e.html) for an explanation. This cannot be tolerated, I'm sure you understand. As you must know, you can only have strength through unity and unity through faith.

You got that right. Here is the email from Kyle Steidle:

Veritasmania,

Please refrain from making remarks like you have made to MLS on the forum. These remarks are not necessary and are not welcome. Any further remarks of this kind will result in removal from our forum. If you have any questions please email MLS@av123.com

Thanks!

Kyle Steidle

(303) 543-7500 x304 Direct

(720) 494-1751 Fax

kyle@av123.com

www.av123.com

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Seems that your posting was deleted, veritasmania. Now, the question is, can you even post now? Field Marshall Steidle is doing yeoman work. There are openings for one with such skills in the employ of Hugo Chavez :D

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I've gotten a couple of those emails from Kyle - good to see that he's keeping in practice and the efforts to hide the raffle thefts from their new customers continue unabated.

The "Thanks!" at the end always seemed out of place to me. It made me wonder what he's thanking me for. It only really ticked me off the first time (when I had tried to politely respond to a rude post by a raffle winner who had received his watch but seemed unconcerned that his cash had gone to Mark instead of Derek). After that email confirmed for me what their plans were for forum moderation, it was more amusing.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
At least they've got a long running speaker cable thread :D

BTW, I've been hearing how some people are finding chips coming out of the ports of the sub. Now, I know that many don't have this and I'd like to offer this product for sale to all sub owners, regardless of brand, so they too can have the sort of quality product that VA321 is currently providing.

I plan on offering these in various woods such as cedar, eucalyptus, etc. which ought to provide holistic benefits as well as the sort of performance all are looking for. Pricing is to be determined.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Afraid not. Orders aren't charged until shipped and that would be within 36 hours.

BTW, VA321 is now largely sanitized. Why it's positively Orwellian. You know, they should rename the site AV451 after that book. Everything offensive to the state gets burned.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
At least they've got a long running speaker cable thread :D
Hey, that thread touches on more than cables, to be fair about it.

Been following the theme of this thread on several forums, though. Interesting.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
They always touch on more than cables :D Now, when you go back, don't go questioning things.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I think they 'adjusted' the available stock there. I just added 9986 Cherry Diamonds and 9986 Moho Satins to the checkout cart. And there were A-stock too! Grand total was only $13,960,428.00 so I think I'll see if I can buy some credits at a discount.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
BTW, VA321 is now largely sanitized. Why it's positively Orwellian. You know, they should rename the site AV451 after that book. Everything offensive to the state gets burned.
"AV451: the company at which charitable donations burn"?
I think they 'adjusted' the available stock there. I just added 9986 Cherry Diamonds and 9986 Moho Satins to the checkout cart. And there were A-stock too! Grand total was only $13,960,428.00 so I think I'll see if I can buy some credits at a discount.
Must have been a big container from Colombia. I wonder if they have amps installed in them all yet? Maybe that's why they needed 10,000% perfect amps - get one amp, and it's good enough to serve 100 subs.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I'm still shocked MLS didn't fire up some sort of charity raffle over the Haiti thing. He must be slipping. :eek:

Taking advantage of other people's generosity over natural disasters was one of his strongest points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis