DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Ninja

Audioholic Intern
Mark isn't even required to show at all. The registered agent is Suzanne Johnson and therefore she is who was served. As noted by another poster, no attorneys for this one.

Sean, Is Mark required to show up or can his attorneys just appear with a deposition?

T

The Ninja

Audioholic Intern
Thanks Dave.

As for the bombshell, this isn't even close to it. I'll talk about the rest after the 22nd.

Thanks for the supportive comments from all :cool:

Sean,

You're the only person I've been waiting to see post something here. I'm glad you finally are getting your day in court. You said you had a bombshell to drop. Let's hope you'll get a chance to spill your guts when everything is done.

Dave

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Even better Sean. Don't forget, if you're the first one as per an earlier post I made, you get the bumper sticker :D
Maybe Mark will make a posting in his News and Announcements section. It'd actually be one of the first dates that he keeps. Oh, and make sure when you see him to tell him, 'Chu says hi.'

Last edited:
gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I'm looking forward to a positive report after 2/22 - and perhaps a few bombs as well.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I hope none of this derails all of MLS's killer new subwoofers he's coming out with. :p

M

mhawker

Audioholic
Mark isn't even required to show at all. The registered agent is Suzanne Johnson and therefore she is who was served. As noted by another poster, no attorneys for this one.
Good luck, Sean! I'll be there in spirit. :)

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I hope none of this derails all of MLS's killer new subwoofers he's coming out with. :p
That would be udderly tragic, Stereodude. Let us all take a moment of silence and hope it doesn't also derail the following:

• that 99% done MFW-15 manual
  • the best review of the Rickets winner
  • the LS4 raffle
  • the RSL-II speaker with that new website
  • the waveguide speaker
  • the new center channel - RSC500 - the one with woofers on the side
  • the plan that a forum member who's a lawyer drew up so that people who were interested in hearing VA321 products could go to select people's homes for a listen
  • the BMF coupons ($500) that people bought for a product that was never released and found they could not get their money back
  • store credits that people could not get their money back on and had to sell at a discount or found that the number was less than they thought because Shifty & Kyle said so

Yes, let's hope it doesn't derail all the promises and machinations above and the others that are too numerous to mention.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I feel for the new guys over there lapping up his "pictures" of new stuff. I spent the last five years there waiting for stuff that never materialized. Lets see I bought a GC for the Ref 200, dual BMF's, LS-9's (ended up switching two years ago to LS-6's, but who knows when/if I would have gotten my 9's), x-amps, x-head, all while basing these purchases on the upcoming LS center and LS surrounds. I see somebody over there brought back to life one of the many threads on X speakers that never materialized. I almost bought a GC for dual X-plosives. Ha, what a freaking joke that place is. It used to really piss me off but now I just laugh at what a con artist he really is.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I feel for the new guys over there lapping up his "pictures" of new stuff. I spent the last five years there waiting for stuff that never materialized.
It is a tried and true formula for them. Sure, it requires purging most of your old customer base every few years so you can get a fresh start, but if you don't mind doing that it seems to be pretty consistently effective.
Lets see I bought a GC for the Ref 200, dual BMF's, LS-9's (ended up switching two years ago to LS-6's, but who knows when/if I would have gotten my 9's), x-amps, x-head, all while basing these purchases on the upcoming LS center and LS surrounds. I see somebody over there brought back to life one of the many threads on X speakers that never materialized. I almost bought a GC for dual X-plosives. Ha, what a freaking joke that place is. It used to really piss me off but now I just laugh at what a con artist he really is.
I'd forgotten about the X-plosive. And judging by recent posts, I think that AV123 has, too. I suppose that makes more sense to abandon a product that you've built prototypes of and start over from scratch with new designs.

I also noticed some discussion of the stereo X-amps recently. Still not sure why folks are willing to wait on an amplifier purchase in hopes of getting a vaporware product when there are countless places that they could buy a real amp today (or last year, or two years ago, or...).

M

Mark Seaton

Junior Audioholic
I'd forgotten about the X-plosive. And judging by recent posts, I think that AV123 has, too. I suppose that makes more sense to abandon a product that you've built prototypes of and start over from scratch with new designs.
Fortunately they don't have details of the driver, PR and amplifier characteristics so that would be left to their skilled "engineering department." :rolleyes:

I'm certainly not wasting time on any designs for them at this point. The x-plosive and any other designs of mine previously discussed for them are dead and buried from my end.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I'm certainly not wasting time on any designs for them at this point. The x-plosive and any other designs of mine previously discussed for them are dead and buried from my end.
Reasonable decision on your part.

I guess saying "we're setting the X-Plosive and BMF aside to start developing something new because we alienated our excellent outside designer and don't know how to finish either design on our own" doesn't sound especially good...

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
I'm sure a lot of outside designers, previous partners, etc have dropped AV123.

I'm not what the future holds for that company but if MLS stays involved it will surely go under.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Fortunately they don't have details of the driver, PR and amplifier characteristics so that would be left to their skilled "engineering department." :rolleyes:

I guess it always helps to hold your designs close to the vest when dealing with AV123. Otherwise they might use your design and not pay you for it. ;)

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I feel for the new guys over there lapping up his "pictures" of new stuff. I spent the last five years there waiting for stuff that never materialized. Lets see I bought a GC for the Ref 200, dual BMF's, LS-9's (ended up switching two years ago to LS-6's, but who knows when/if I would have gotten my 9's), x-amps, x-head, all while basing these purchases on the upcoming LS center and LS surrounds. I see somebody over there brought back to life one of the many threads on X speakers that never materialized. I almost bought a GC for dual X-plosives. Ha, what a freaking joke that place is. It used to really piss me off but now I just laugh at what a con artist he really is.
You weren't the only one. Mark had me suckered too. I had enough GC credit banked up to pay for, and was waiting for an X-plosive, X-LS SWG, & two UFW-12 Hot Rod upgrades. I sold all my credit well over a year ago, and built a GR / Rhythmik dual 12" sub instead of waiting for the X-plosive. I bought a used pair of X-SLS and modified them into N2X's instead of waiting for the X-LS SWG. And, I'm going with Kevin's Big Block Upgrade for the UFW-12 instead. All in all, I think I've got better stuff than I would have gotten from AV123, and I did it all without the drama.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Assuming this is small claims, where the limit in Colorado is $7,500, attorneys are not allowed unless the attorney is either the defendant or he's a full time employee of Perp Tech/VA321. If Shifty wants to use an attorney or wants to countersue for more than $7500, then Sean can also use an attorney but then the case is then tried under regular civil procedures. There's no discovery and no jury trial but appeals are possible within 15 days but only for reviews of the law and not facts. More information can be found here. We're all pulling for you Sean.
Understood, I didn't know it was small claims court. That is really pretty high. I have used small claims court but it was a long time ago and I think it was like 2500 (or less) limit (MO).

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Understood, I didn't know it was small claims court. That is really pretty high. I have used small claims court but it was a long time ago and I think it was like 2500 (or less) limit (MO).
I think that was the limit during the Civil War, Randy. :D But it varies from state to state. If I read the information correctly WRT Small Claims, they'll try to arrange for the matter to not go to trial by allowing the two parties to work it out, maybe with a mediator. If Sean & Suzy reach an agreement, whether through arbitration or the judge's ruling, she then has to fork over whatever it is that Sean is owed then and there (I'd take cash, money order, or certified bank check) otherwise she'll have to file paperwork with the court listing all her assets and debits. So, I guess she probably doesn't want to do that and get a black mark on her credit report. Hence, she'll go to pops for the money.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai

It's always cracked me up to hear Shifty talking about their engineering department, quality control department, customer service department, design department, etc. The best way to zonk them is to move forward with your own products be they new subs or upgrades and stick it to them. Would anyone seriously considering new offerings from AV451 bother to do so if it included electronics?

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
It's always cracked me up to hear Shifty talking about their engineering department, quality control department, customer service department, design department, etc. The best way to zonk them is to move forward with your own products be they new subs or upgrades and stick it to them. Would anyone seriously considering new offerings from AV451 bother to do so if it included electronics?
It ticked me off to hear about the QA dept. and the 2 engineers that my problem was passed onto. :rolleyes:

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
What was your problem(s) and did you get a response?
I am the guy with the FM/DTV box interference. I put my problem out there on the av123 forum and on AVS. I never did get a response back from that particular inquiry or an emailed request for a MFW-15 instruction manual.

I finally called the company, Kyle spent quite a bit of time with me offering solutions to that problem. He offered the same solution you did on AVS, try another AC outlet.

I have spoken to nearly everyone that answers the phone there, Kyle has been the most helpful to me in the past and has made sure that I was amply compensated for my time troubleshooting and fixing this sub.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis