DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
droht

droht

Full Audioholic
FWIW, SVS does the same thing when an amp fails. They ship you a new amp with instructions how to replace it.

I'm sure both companies would do it for you if you footed shipping both ways...
Good point. It is part of the equation you need to consider when buying big things like speakers and subs ID.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Guys, please, they have not deleted any posts in the Interpretation thread. A few may have gotten "underdisplayed", but that's it.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
Guys, please, they have not deleted any posts in the Interpretation thread. A few may have gotten "underdisplayed", but that's it.
It all depends on what your definition of "deleted" is.

D

david-me

Audioholic Intern
Sorry . The posts that were deleted were posts from late last night.
We then reposted these and they were late "edited" .

PERIOD !!!

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
That was an epic post, Chu.

One thing: av123 would have to be idiotic to allow a link to a thread that is titled, "DO NOT BUY anything from AV123."
Danke, Herr Ziegler. Mann zoll zum höchsten dasein streben, nicht?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I was looking back at Page 73 and saw that raffle B was for 'let's help BruceR out' by raising 10K. One thing that cracked me up about that is that the guy once had his own spot on the forum - Brucer's Corner. He was a woodworker, carpenter if you will, and a lot of people ordered product from him, sent him money, and eventually the guy just disappeared, closed up shop I guess, and a lot of people never saw hide nor hair.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Ahhhh...I thought you might. In HS, back when we had to walk miles through snow in our bare feet, I took 4 years of German. Then, because I thought it would be easy, I took a year in college of German that they felt would be the next logical sequence. Well, it turned out to be two semesters, only speaking German, where we would read Goethe's Faust in German and discuss it. It was taught by a professor who did his thesis on Faust. Ouch. Loosely translated, it means, 'Man should strive for the highest form of existence.' Be the best you can be...make sense?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Gonk, I frankly don't think you'll receive a reply to your recent postings at 123 concerning deletions or clarifications on posting policy. At least nothing that you can hang your hat on. I don't know the ins and outs of their forum software but perhaps if one were to go to the vBulletin website, sign up, a question could be asked if it were possible for a post to be deleted by an administrator but have it show up on their end as having been deleted by the person who posted it.

As to questions of raffles, it seems clear that will not be addressed by MLS with forthrightness and clarity. Hence, all that can be expected as to whether additional funds are making their ways is for those affected (I doubt Ballet Nouveau is going to join here :D) to indicate whether additional funds were sent. In the meantime, I'm having other organizations contacted (seeing as I've not received anything of substantial encouragement from the Red Cross - maybe it's not worth their time as there are bigger fish to fry and more compelling matters to devote resources to) to see if anything can be uncovered one way or the other.

If you find a delicate way to bring up Ballet Nouveau over there and not get it deleted, you may find yourself on Ripley's Believe it or Not.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Gonk, I frankly don't think you'll receive a reply to your recent postings at 123 concerning deletions or clarifications on posting policy. At least nothing that you can hang your hat on. I don't know the ins and outs of their forum software but perhaps if one were to go to the vBulletin website, sign up, a question could be asked if it were possible for a post to be deleted by an administrator but have it show up on their end as having been deleted by the person who posted it.
I'm not holding my breath for any answers. In theory, a company striving to rebuild lost credibility would be interested in clear accountability, in which case being clear about what is and isn't off-limits on their forum would seem to be very desirable. There may be some flaws in that theory, though. As for reverse-engineering the "self deleted" posts, I'm not that interested in it. The mods here may be able to shed some light on how all that works, but the truth at this point is simply that someone in authority (not django1 or david-me) deleted the posts and the company has not yet admitted it.
If you find a delicate way to bring up Ballet Nouveau over there and not get it deleted, you may find yourself on Ripley's Believe it or Not.
It is a matter that I think deserves discussion. The question at this point is whether AV123 and Mark are willing to discuss it, or whether they prefer to ignore it in hopes that it'll fade away on its own...

Matt34

Matt34

I'm not holding my breath for any answers. In theory, a company striving to rebuild lost credibility would be interested in clear accountability, in which case being clear about what is and isn't off-limits on their forum would seem to be very desirable. There may be some flaws in that theory, though. As for reverse-engineering the "self deleted" posts, I'm not that interested in it. The mods here may be able to shed some light on how all that works, but the truth at this point is simply that someone in authority (not django1 or david-me) deleted the posts and the company has not yet admitted it.

It is a matter that I think deserves discussion. The question at this point is whether AV123 and Mark are willing to discuss it, or whether they prefer to ignore it in hopes that it'll fade away on its own...
I believe, now don't quote me on this, that anyone with admin rights can delete a post or thread and leave no trail of it behind. When moderators delete something, other mods can see that is has been deleted and also view the thread/post if they want.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
That makes sense, Matt, but in this case what was left behind is that the users themselves deleted the posts.

Matt34

Matt34

That makes sense, Matt, but in this case what was left behind is that the users themselves deleted the posts.
If the users delete posts on a vBulletin® forum can't everyone see that something has been deleted? That has been my experience.

Something like this: *Edit: Of course regular users will not see the view/manage links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis