DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
The two deleted posts were the ones with links to this thread on AH. Lots of forums will delete or stop links to other sites. Of course, AV123 never was one to do that before.
Plus some of us actually read the posts in question, so they were successfully posted at one point today and then disappeared. The system didn't prevent them from being posted.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Chu, any chance you can get your hands on some Rockets and put a review together? I'd like to see you enter the contest over at av123...
There are some things over there that stick to Teflon. But $500 in store credit! Think of all the busted things I could buy in a Shifty garage sale. Or maybe I could send it to Khabarovsk. The joy on their faces is just too much for me. Oy!

W

wesley63

Junior Audioholic
Plus some of us actually read the posts in question, so they were successfully posted at one point today and then disappeared. The system didn't prevent them from being posted.
True. I saw the posts before they were deleted.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
I'm confused. You guys deleted your own posts?

edit: Nevermind, I see that Kyle is not admitting to deleting the posts. Or just deleting the links?

Interesting, Jess can say we took shots at him and reference this thread, but people are not allowed to link to this thread so others can judge for themselves.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Chu, any chance you can get your hands on some Rockets and put a review together? I'd like to see you enter the contest over at av123...
I just saw the contest over there. I may enter it just for kicks. I'm sure only the "raviest" of "raviest" reviews will win the contest though. It sounds like something to help boost PR, but I dunno. :)

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I just saw the contest over there. I may enter it just for kicks. I'm sure only the "raviest" of "raviest" reviews will win the contest though. It sounds like something to help boost PR, but I dunno. :)
If you do, redeem that store credit quickly! Buy something, sell it, and send the money to one of the four recipients. Aw, hell, split the monies in fourths and send each on their share. That'd make for great PR.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
This thread is like a bunch'a gossiping broads. Fer cryin' out loud, what is your major malfunction!!!????

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Instead of linking the entire thread, try copying single posts and see if they stick. The one I would be interested to hear a response from over there is about the email from the ballet company regarding the amount of raffle funds they received from Perpetual Technologies and why the numbers do not mesh with the amount given from the donations to the Graham Co. on the AV123 forum that were supposed to be given to this cause?

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
If you do, redeem that store credit quickly! Buy something, sell it, and send the money to one of the four recipients. Aw, hell, split the monies in fourths and send each on their share. That'd make for great PR.
Great idea! :)

Z

zvardanian

Audioholic Intern
I was reading their Subwoofer section. I'm just baffled how so many people will tolerate the substandard quality on the amps.

Seems like when you buy a product, if said product fails, someone else should be doing the warranty work. I don't get it. The amp in my x-sub is failing and I email about it. I get offered a replacement amp (great), but it involves me taking things apart and putting back together. Now I'm perfectly capable of being done what I'm told, but the point is that I should not have to.

Why would anyone in their right mind purchase a product with spotty history...not to mention a company that has spotty history with their amps? For 599 the MFW is a great performer, but at what cost?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Where is there? Frankly, it doesn't seem to me that MLS is going to address the raffles any more than he already has. That's to say, he's going to look towards the future, silently address the mistakes without fanfare while generically saying there've been difficulties and errors made but he's learned from them. The Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa philosophy.

When he's not unloading trucks, posing for pictures, and fielding the phones, Field Marshall Steidle will oversee enemy troop movements and anything that appears threatening will result in deletions. Continued attempts to question the Fatherland will result in bans with IP bans if necessary. Permanent expulsion to the icy winters in Siberia. Unterscarführer Skeeter will follow MLS around and interject appropriate comments of awe and admiration while he conducts basic counterintelligence at TCA and alerts MLS on matters of national security. Hauptmann Quintana will perform remedial tasks, aiding in sundry forum matters while occasionally expressing extreme umbrage on how the world is looking to destroy the hard working men and women who have bunkered down in Castle Schifter. If successful, and business picks up, he will look towards a fully paid promotion. General Johnson will maintain a low presence while overseeing customer satisfaction, holding meetings so that the staff can get their stories straight when Schifter goes AWOL. Propoganda which was successful in the past - illnesses, travel to oversee quality, entertaing visitors from around the world, picking up visitors from the airport - will continue but with more discretion albeit with greater refinement.

Generous industry comps will continue to be offered and relationships with existing instruments of favorable reviews will look to be strengthened with discretionary visits to the forum rooting Schifter and AV123 on towards victory. Extreme caution will be excercised in not allowing products to receive reviews that incorporate measurements.

With the forum under control, the dissenters largely banished except for the sporadic border crossing, a new group of customers will populate the forums. Eventually, detractors will grow tired, post less, and threads will close. A move to a new hosting site will result in a loss of old information and threads. Appropriate apologies will be issued and only fractional information will survive.

Of course, I could be wrong. He might go to jail.

Last edited:
A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Seems like when you buy a product, if said product fails, someone else should be doing the warranty work. I don't get it. The amp in my x-sub is failing and I email about it. I get offered a replacement amp (great), but it involves me taking things apart and putting back together. Now I'm perfectly capable of being done what I'm told, but the point is that I should not have to.
FWIW, SVS does the same thing when an amp fails. They ship you a new amp with instructions how to replace it.

I'm sure both companies would do it for you if you footed shipping both ways...

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I got a crystal ball baby. I actually had fun writing that whimsical story.

M

mziegler

Audioholic
That was an epic post, Chu.

One thing: av123 would have to be idiotic to allow a link to a thread that is titled, "DO NOT BUY anything from AV123."

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis