Couple questions about Yamaha RX-A3060

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No they don't allow inhome audition.. It's a new market here.. I believe it will catch-up oneday and better options will be available.. i am going to hold my breath and wait a bit longer.. I'll even ask around maybe there's some store that isn't famous selling better sets.. I prefer to get pro gear or stay with what I have for now cos from what I've heard.. I could've really down much worse
Taking your time and researching is always a good thing (especially since you have something to use now). Any chance on getting hooked up with someone local who has other setups for you to listen to outside of the store? Any local audiophile type clubs or local forums? Or just too few people so far?

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Taking your time and researching is always a good thing (especially since you have something to use now). Any chance on getting hooked up with someone local who has other setups for you to listen to outside of the store? Any local audiophile type clubs or local forums? Or just too few people so far?
I am still looking for all of that.. from all people I know I am the only person who interested in stuff like this.. there are few music stores that sell huge speakers and subs(subs even taller than I am) but none Of them offered something useful at home.. but I'll keep looking around.. I asked my brother in law about Bahrain but seems like nothing is there either.. my bet is That if am in a rush.. dubai would be the ideal place to search though it'll be really expensive to ship all 11.2 set.. and it's 9 hours drive by car which is alot for me considering how small my country is.. but I'm kinda hoping I get surprised and find what I want soon...

Could use a pray I guess :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No they don't allow inhome audition.. It's a new market here.. I believe it will catch-up oneday and better options will be available.. i am going to hold my breath and wait a bit longer.. I'll even ask around maybe there's some store that isn't famous selling better sets.. I prefer to get pro gear or stay with what I have for now cos from what I've heard.. I could've really down much worse
I agree. You don't own a pile of crap. :p

You're doing the right thing. Take your time and look around. Get out and listen to as many speakers as you can. Just remember that they'll sound different in your room (probably better), but you at least will get a feel for different brands.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I am still looking for all of that.. from all people I know I am the only person who interested in stuff like this.. there are few music stores that sell huge speakers and subs(subs even taller than I am) but none Of them offered something useful at home.. but I'll keep looking around.. I asked my brother in law about Bahrain but seems like nothing is there either.. my bet is That if am in a rush.. dubai would be the ideal place to search though it'll be really expensive to ship all 11.2 set.. and it's 9 hours drive by car which is alot for me considering how small my country is.. but I'm kinda hoping I get surprised and find what I want soon...

Could use a pray I guess :)
I have the same problem with having no one around to bounce ideas or ask advice of. Most of my friends think I'm nuts.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, there aren't that many of us around. I think I'm probably the only one in town that has much interest in audio....that's maybe somewhat expected in a small town (we're supposedly about 5000 people in a 10 mile radius then quite a distance to other populated areas). Even when I lived in the San Francisco area, only a couple of my friends/co-workers had much interest. The audio forums help a lot.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, there aren't that many of us around. I think I'm probably the only one in town that has much interest in audio....that's maybe somewhat expected in a small town (we're supposedly about 5000 people in a 10 mile radius then quite a distance to other populated areas). Even when I lived in the San Francisco area, only a couple of my friends/co-workers had much interest. The audio forums help a lot.
Yes, the forums do help. I actually feel normal-ish here. Lol

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
You bet.. you guys helped me jump huge steps forward and being with such good/crazy audioholics is something to be grateful for.. here to all of you guys.. many thanks

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Good news guys.. a major electronics store like Xcite will soon bring more loudspeaker brands .. from what I got mostly denon and some other canadian brand (made in US though).. I'll give them another visit in 2 weeks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good news guys.. a major electronics store like Xcite will soon bring more loudspeaker brands .. from what I got mostly denon and some other canadian brand (made in US though).. I'll give them another visit in 2 weeks
Canadian brand made in US doesn't sound right, maybe made in China; many US speaker brands are made there, too (like the JBL Studio series). Curious what that Canadian brand is, but if it's PSB they make very nice speakers; Paradigm isn't bad either. Denon is a historically Japanese brand, altho most of their production is Vietnam now except for their flagship model.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Canadian brand made in US doesn't sound right, maybe made in China; many US speaker brands are made there, too (like the JBL Studio series). Curious what that Canadian brand is, but if it's PSB they make very nice speakers; Paradigm isn't bad either. Denon is a historically Japanese brand, altho most of their production is Vietnam now except for their flagship model.
How would you rate denon ingeneral?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How would you rate denon ingeneral?
Quite good generally. The original company had quite the audio history before the last coupla owners, who were more bean counters, and has just been sold again to Sound United, so we'll see where they go from here. I've got a 4520 and a 3808 (the older 3808 I bought used recently from another forum member). Like many avr brands, business is competitive and hard to make any money in so cost cutting has seemingly taken somewhat of a toll, in materials and components used, moving production to China and Vietnam from Japan and that sort of thing.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Quite good generally. The original company had quite the audio history before the last coupla owners, who were more bean counters, and has just been sold again to Sound United, so we'll see where they go from here. I've got a 4520 and a 3808 (the older 3808 I bought used recently from another forum member). Like many avr brands, business is competitive and hard to make any money in so cost cutting has seemingly taken somewhat of a toll, in materials and components used, moving production to China and Vietnam from Japan and that sort of thing.
I can't wait to listen to them in action.. hope they de better setup than xcite

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Hey guys.. I read this piece today trying to get more understanding on loudspeaker specs.. i wonder if this guy's info are good enough?

http://www.ecoustics.com/articles/understanding-speaker-frequency-response/
Hey guys.. I am sorry to repeat the question but did any of you was able to read this? I'd appreciate it if you can help me understand upper/lower limits.. Also, if I'm not bothering you much do you have a good read for subwoofers and its most important specs?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey guys.. I am sorry to repeat the question but did any of you was able to read this? I'd appreciate it if you can help me understand upper/lower limits.. Also, if I'm not bothering you much do you have a good read for subwoofers and its most important specs?
Not sure exactly what you need help with, though I've seen that article before.

Here are some articles that might help as far as your subwoofer questions.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis