Couple questions about Yamaha RX-A3060

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not where I come from:)
I think my desert is a little different than yours, though it does routinely hit 120°F (about 45-50°C) in the summer. Not a lot of sand though, except for the washes. Plus it isn't crawling with soldiers like I assume it is for you. Good luck over there man.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I think my desert is a little different than yours, though it does routinely hit 120°F (about 45-50°C) in the summer. Not a lot of sand though, except for the washes. Plus it isn't crawling with soldiers like I assume it is for you. Good luck over there man.
Ah its not bad we've got used to it.. as you guys say there's no place like home:)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One interesting concept I learned about infinity in my googling/researching is that there are different infinities.

To illustrate, take an infinite stream of numbers in numerical order, then just pick out all the prime numbers. Both sets of numbers are infinite, but one will always larger than the other.

You're biking trails are in a very beautiful part of the country HD, though I haven't been in snow in many years... :eek: There are some great trails out here in the desert too. I think you'd enjoy it as well.
I have enjoyed some of the trails in your area when visiting Phoenix....South Mountain, McDowell, and some others my memory isn't helping out on (Gila?), as well as out towards Tuscon and Mt Lemmon (where they just held the 24 hours of The Old Pueblo race) and really like to ride up towards Sedona, have spent a coupla months altogether camping and riding out that way but it has been a few years since my last visit, hope to remedy that next year....be warned, I just may come over for a demo!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Duckduckgo it is.. pretty thanks
I've been a google guy for a long time but someone here on the forum directed me to duckduckgo as one that doesn't track you....and what with the Trumpster giving away our privacy thought was a good idea....it works well so far.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can't even imagine Phoenix in the summer, usually hit AZ in the fall/winter/spring time frame, latest I was there was March for some Giants spring training games!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have enjoyed some of the trails in your area when visiting Phoenix....South Mountain, McDowell, and some others my memory isn't helping out on (Gila?), as well as out towards Tuscon and Mt Lemmon (where they just held the 24 hours of The Old Pueblo race) and really like to ride up towards Sedona, have spent a coupla months altogether camping and riding out that way but it has been a few years since my last visit, hope to remedy that next year....be warned, I just may come over for a demo!
Can't even imagine Phoenix in the summer, usually hit AZ in the fall/winter/spring time frame, latest I was there was March for some Giants spring training games!
It's still decent right now. The hardcore heat is a month or 2 away still.

I love Sedona. I've been there a couple times and it's absolutely gorgeous country. Did you know Maynard James Keenan (singer/songwriter from tool) has a winery in Sedona? He grows his grapes and makes wine out here. He's gotten pretty serious about it I guess.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's still decent right now. The hardcore heat is a month or 2 away still.

I love Sedona. I've been there a couple times and it's absolutely gorgeous country. Did you know Maynard James Keenan (singer/songwriter from tool) has a winery in Sedona? He grows his grapes and makes wine out here. He's gotten pretty serious about it I guess.
Sharon Stone has/had a home there, rode right next to her house per a backyard trail tour I got from a fairly famous local mountain biker there called The Nod (stands for The Gnarly Old Dude; he didn't want to use the "g" as being a bit too much). Was also surprised to find an artsy store there run by an old regular street performing mime at SF's Union Square, Robert Shields (of Shields & Yarnell). Imagine the area is loaded with various artists of all types, didn't know much about any Tool member, now I do a little :) Will have to be sure to go and taste some of his wares!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sharon Stone has/had a home there, rode right next to her house per a backyard trail tour I got from a fairly famous local mountain biker there called The Nod (stands for The Gnarly Old Dude; he didn't want to use the "g" as being a bit too much). Was also surprised to find an artsy store there run by an old regular street performing mime at SF's Union Square, Robert Shields (of Shields & Yarnell). Imagine the area is loaded with various artists of all types, didn't know much about any Tool member, now I do a little :) Will have to be sure to go and taste some of his wares!
It's actually a wine tasting room in Jerome, about a 45 minute drive from Sedona. I did a little googling (because it's been years and I wanted to fact check), and found out him and his partner went their separate ways in 2014, amicably. Maynard kept a vineyard and still sells grapes to him.

Caduceus Cellars and Merkin Vineyards Tasting Room in Jerome. "Merkin" is the name of his vineyard. If you don't already know, Google it and you'll get a taste of his sense of humor...

(He's also a purple belt in Brazilian Ju Jitsu)

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL didn't have to look up merkin, just saw it in a movie recently (but can't remember what the movie was)....the word caduceus is interesting, too.

I've been thru Jerome, that's the old mining town perched on the side of the hill overlooking Verde Valley. I remember there's a killer ride back down from near there to Cottonwood called the Mingus Mtn downhill we wanted to do but no one really wanted to be the shuttle driver so we did something else. We camped at Dead Horse State Park near Cottonwood. Good memories. I seem to remember on this trip we wished we had brought some Tool with us (left it back home where we used it in our shuttle vans).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sounds like you're more familiar with the area than I am. Even though I live within reasonable driving distance, I've only been there a couple of times.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like you're more familiar with the area than I am. Even though I live within reasonable driving distance, I've only been there a couple of times.
Helps when you're gainfully unemployed (I sold my business and basically went mountain biking from 2000-2010 with one year of a shuttle/bike business thrown in the mix in 2007).

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Hey guys.. since we drifted on the main topic let me share this story with you I just got by whatsapp...

A woman went to a bank to open an account for her 8 years old son and when the paper work finished she went to the atm machine to make the deposit and left her son with the clerk who's telling this story.. right after she left the kid started dancing and singing "the mango! The mango! The mango's dancing for you!" the clerk asked the boy to stop politely but he said its ok.. my mom was dancing like this for dad and he gave her the money she's depositing right now! When the woman came back the kid was still singing and dancing the way she was and she asked him to stop but the kid said it's ok I already told him what you and dad did last night.. the woman was so embarrassed she left everything, took her son and left.. next day the father went to the clerk to get the document she left and the clerk asked about the name.. once he told him he said "you're the mango! Mango guy, aren't you? Lol

So piece of advice, don't let your girl do the mango dance if your kid is there.. I hope you find this as funny as i do :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That was funny!!! I just got a new dance!!!! Right...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Lol, I just answered on the other(wrong?) thread.
Hey, thanks for letting us crash your thread. Good sport!
Btw, sorry to ask if this was made public, but what are your speakers/subs now?

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Lol, I just answered on the other(wrong?) thread.
Hey, thanks for letting us crash your thread. Good sport!
Btw, sorry to ask if this was made public, but what are your speakers/subs now?
it ok man I actually enjoyed reading you talk .. so be my guests please :)

this is my current setup
RX-A3060 (av receiver)
Speakers are all polk audio
- Front TSx 330T
- Center TSx150C
- Rear/Front Presence/Back Presence/Surround all 8 are TSx 110B
- 2 Subwoofers PSW 125B

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis