croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
You guys sure are making it hard to wait to this weekend to watch it :p But thats ok im glad you guys have enjoyed it and sounds like a keeper !
I'm impressed with your self control! I'd have thrown it in the BD player long ago. LOL!!! I've already watched it thrice.:D The good news is the BDP-S550 will play it glitch free, unlike numerous other models of BD players out there.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm impressed with your self control! I'd have thrown it in the BD player long ago. LOL!!! I've already watched it thrice.:D The good news is the BDP-S550 will play it glitch free, unlike numerous other models of BD players out there.
LOL Thanks it hasnt been easy let me tell you , i've been fighting the temptation since yesterday and its getting worse as the minutes pass especially after reading all the great posts on this thread :) Every once in a while i'll walk by my bluray rack and give it a look and pick it up and then set it back down real fast lol . Glad to hear my BDP-S550 will play it with no issues, so far its been pretty good with everything i've thrown at it of course with most of the current firmware updates .

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I bought the Avatar BD from Walmart. It contains both a BD & a DVD version.

But the sad news is that there are absolutely no Extras (special feactures and all that)!

I normally don't care at all about the special features that are on most movies.

But for Avatar, I want as much as possible. I guess I'll have to wait for a Definitive Version of AVATAR and double-dip.:D

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
i bought it last night and watched it. I got impatient and coudl not wait for block buster to send it to me. :D

now I only have a mitsu rear proj 1080i but the picture quality is amazing, and the sound!!!! was also outstanding. a great flex test for my empire, and the rest of my system. this is for sure the movie to throw in to show it off.

The good part was that the story didnt suck either :) so watching it a few times wont be boring.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The best part of the experience to me was when my 8 yr old daughter says to me, "Ooh, daddy, I can really feel your subwoofer shaking the room!"

It gave me a big smile like this :D and a big grin like this :D.

TheFactor

TheFactor

I bought the Avatar BD from Walmart. It contains both a BD & a DVD version.

But the sad news is that there are absolutely no Extras (special feactures and all that)!

I normally don't care at all about the special features that are on most movies.

But for Avatar, I want as much as possible. I guess I'll have to wait for a Definitive Version of AVATAR and double-dip.:D
Ya im not much into special features either, I dont think i've ever watched it on any bd yet lol but guess I could see how on this one they would be cool .
i bought it last night and watched it. I got impatient and coudl not wait for block buster to send it to me. :D

now I only have a mitsu rear proj 1080i but the picture quality is amazing, and the sound!!!! was also outstanding. a great flex test for my empire, and the rest of my system. this is for sure the movie to throw in to show it off.

The good part was that the story didnt suck either :) so watching it a few times wont be boring.
I saw this one at the movies and it was so good I wanted to see it again but figured I'd wait for it to come out on bluray :D
The best part of the experience to me was when my 8 yr old daughter says to me, "Ooh, daddy, I can really feel your subwoofer shaking the room!"

It gave me a big smile like this :D and a big grin like this :D.
LOL Thats cute :) and thats exactly what I hope my GF says when we watch it tonight :D

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Ya im not much into special features either, I dont think i've ever watched it on any bd yet lol but guess I could see how on this one they would be cool .
I'm the same way. I just can't get myself to watch them. I've been told to watch the Star Trek extras, as my lady friend told me that the director veered away from CGI as much as possible, and it gets into the details of using lighting techniques on models. Another friend told me to watch the extras on Surf's UP, as she says it's extremely interesting how they combined/used live action of the amazing looking waves into an animation. I still can't get to watching the extras, though.

I saw this one at the movies and it was so good I wanted to see it again but figured I'd wait for it to come out on bluray :D
IMO, the PQ of this bluray on my JVC was much superior to the IMAX 3D. After the show, a couple of friends admitted they were a bit fearful that they would be missing out on the 3D that they enjoyed, but that they were happy to say they didn't miss it at all with this showing.

TheFactor

TheFactor

I'm the same way. I just can't get myself to watch them. I've been told to watch the Star Trek extras, as my lady friend told me that the director veered away from CGI as much as possible, and it gets into the details of using lighting techniques on models. Another friend told me to watch the extras on Surf's UP, as she says it's extremely interesting how they combined/used live action of the amazing looking waves into an animation. I still can't get to watching the extras, though.

IMO, the PQ of this bluray on my JVC was much superior to the IMAX 3D. After the show, a couple of friends admitted they were a bit fearful that they would be missing out on the 3D that they enjoyed, but that they were happy to say they didn't miss it at all with this showing.
For some reason If im interested in seeing any of the extras I always think im going to check them out after the movie but it never happens. So maybe I should see them in the begining before the movie lol .

I to was afraid I'd be missing something to after viewing it at the theater in 3d but after hearing the PQ of the BD im not as concerned . Im hoping to watch it tonight:D But I just realised theres some cage fighting on tonight as my reminder just went off on my cell phone to alert me :p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched it. Liked it. Wasn't blown away. As has been said by others, the story is nothing new...to the point where I'd have to say it is almost completely unoriginal. Was it presented in a believeable way? Yes, but just like I've said about the Star Wars movies previously, if they are going to animate 85% of the movie, why not just animate the whole thing? I don't get it? Having a few live actors in there for a few minutes doesn't make it any more believable for me. I wouldn't put it up there with my favorite movies, but I did enjoy it and I will watch it again.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Watched it. Liked it. Wasn't blown away. As has been said by others, the story is nothing new...to the point where I'd have to say it is almost completely unoriginal. Was it presented in a believeable way? Yes, but just like I've said about the Star Wars movies previously, if they are going to animate 85% of the movie, why not just animate the whole thing? I don't get it? Having a few live actors in there for a few minutes doesn't make it any more believable for me. I wouldn't put it up there with my favorite movies, but I did enjoy it and I will watch it again.
When I saw it at the movies for me I really like the transition from back and fourth from animation and back again , I thought that was pretty cool but everyone has a different perspective I guess but I liked it . Im still waiting to watch this one sunday night in Bluray. It got canceled tonight for some cage fighting . This was one of my all time favorites wright up there with Transformers , Terminator Salvation , Iron man and The Dark Knight. But in the special effects I put it on top in 3d but will see what its like in 2d :D

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Well I was looking forward to watching it last night. Loads but does not play. Could it be the disc or my old Sony Blu Ray S300 player. Regular DVD is OK, but blu ray is a no go.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Well I was looking forward to watching it last night. Loads but does not play. Could it be the disc or my old Sony Blu Ray S300 player. Regular DVD is OK, but blu ray is a no go.
It's probably the player's firmware. There might be new firmware for download, but, many, many players seem to be unable to play this disk (BD) without a FW update. THere's something a little different about it.

TheFactor

TheFactor

It's probably the player's firmware. There might be new firmware for download, but, many, many players seem to be unable to play this disk (BD) without a FW update. THere's something a little different about it.
X2 I'll be watching mine tonight and I hope your wright about my Sony 550 being able to play it with no issues But I agree with you. If not i'll be uploading new firmware thats for sure . Wanted to watch it last night but there was WEC cage fighting event on i'd been waiting months for to .

TheFactor

TheFactor

A few more hours to go before I can throw this baby in, 5 to be exact :D

indulger

indulger

Audioholic
Gonna start calling you girly names if you don't watch it tonight.:rolleyes:

TheFactor

TheFactor

lol Ouch :mad: One more hour to go and its.... S H O W T I M E :p :D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Just finished watching it and my Sony bdp 550 played it with out a glitch , loved it more at home in 2d vs 3d at the movies. I thought LFE was very smooth yet full and not over powering it blended well and had my AVR at -16 because didnt want my gf to start levitating but it actually was at a good level were I wasnt constantly grabbing the remote. The VIDEO was outstanding also and really let my Kuro flex its muscles , its for sure a reference quailty bluray imo . Its a keeper and i'll be watching it soon again solo at a little higher audio level just for kicks . Really enjoyed the movie and story line :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just finished watching it and my Sony bdp 550 played it with out a glitch , loved it more at home in 2d vs 3d at the movies. I thought LFE was very smooth yet full and not over powering it blended well and had my AVR at -16 because didnt want my gf to start levitating but it actually was at a good level were I wasnt constantly grabbing the remote. The VIDEO was outstanding also and really let my Kuro flex its muscles , its for sure a reference quailty bluray imo . Its a keeper and i'll be watching it soon again solo at a little higher audio level just for kicks . Really enjoyed the movie and story line :D
Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes you just gotta watch a movie all by yourself at MAN-LEVEL volume.:D

I'll be watching AVATAR by myself soon also @ higher volume.:D

Those blue NAVI look so real.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
All I can say is this is the last time I preorder a movie and pay for the fast shipping to be here on the release date. I finally got mine today after it was shipped on the 19th and sat in Cincinnati for 2 days.:mad:

I don't know when I will get to watch it but I am ready.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis