MAXIMIZING THE USEFULNESS OF A HOME THEATER WITH 2 CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
The steps and equipment required to set up and accomplish the setup/design are listed out in the OP.

What isn't clear?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
How does what sound mode I use affect this situation?
Okay. Thank you for replying ( even though you still didn't answer the question). This post alone shows how little you know about how audio works. You need to do a lot more homework. Are you interested in answering any of the above questions posed to you by myself and other members?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
WHAT SOUND MODE DO YOU USE FOR THE VARIOUS CONFIGURATIONS YOU USE? Good grief man are you obtuse or something?
He doesn't know what "Sound Mode" means.

Direct
Pure Direct
Stereo
7Ch Stereo
Standard
Dolby Digital
DTS
Dolby ProLogic

He doesn't know what "Various Configurations" mean either.

Hey, was that "obtuse" line from "The Shawshank Redemption" ? :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The steps and equipment required to set up and accomplish the setup/design are listed out in the OP.

What isn't clear?
How this is beneficial, in a practical or scientific way. Even though you keep avoiding the question other than to refer to the op, we are all for some reason given you a little benefit of the doubt. So, please elaborate.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

What isn't clear?
Everything. The entire post. I think this post would have served you better if you had phrased it as a question and kept an open mind so you might actually learn something. Then you would understand the folly of your post, we'd all have a laugh and you could continue your education. The guys are are very helpful and very well educated on all things audio.

I've learned a lot since I've been posting here. I love learning new things and try to keep my mind open while suppressing pre-supposition, bias and assumptions. You don't seem like a bad guy. Just a little thick, unwilling to fact check and very resistant to learning. There are some good replies and questions peppered throughout this thread. You ignoring them and constantly referring everyone to an op that makes no sense is... a little insulting. You don't seem to play well with others.

D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
In an attempt to relate to most of you,

I ask again,
How does what sound field I use affect this situation?

If I answer "all of them" or "none of them", how does that affect this situation?

Some of you guys sound like you have "Audio Forum Stockholm Syndrome"

D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
Perhaps this particular design/setup is not well suited for some of you; but it may be for others.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Perhaps this particular design/setup is not well suited for some of you; but it may be for others.
That's why we've been asking you to elaborate. You understand English right?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
In an attempt to relate to most of you,

I ask again,
How does what sound field I use affect this situation?

If I answer "all of them" or "none of them", how does that affect this situation?

Some of you guys sound like you have "Audio Forum Stockholm Syndrome"
Lol

If you don't know the answers to those questions, then you really have much to learn. Different sound modes drastically affect how the sound is processed and what comes out of each individual channel. At best, if I even understand it, with your method you would want to run it in all channel stereo so the speakers receive all of the information on the sound track, but completely defeats any surround modes, including stereo. It would be a summed mono signal. Any other mode and you will lose a lot of the effects if you're using only the center channel output.

This is why we're having a hard time wrapping our heads around your little scheme here.

I answered your question. Now, how is your method any kind of useful or an improvement?

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I'm sorry Head. I don't think he'll answer you. Except to refer you to the stupid OP. He's probably never even done it except in his head. That's why he can't elaborate. It was too much to do once, let alone upon request.
Agreed, tried all caps as a last resort, I can be stubborn. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed, tried all caps as a last resort, I can be stubborn. :D
Man I here that. I'm pretty stubborn myself, and that's probably why I'm stuck playing whack a troll. It's like arguing with a crazy person. Nobody wins, and you end up looking nuts.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, on a count of 3, everyone give up on this thread.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
How does what sound mode I use affect this situation?
This is your response? Have you actually read what you posted and continually refer to as the "OP"? Explain how leaving the AVR alone, you go from multi-channel to 2.0/3.0 etc without adjusting the AVR? I believe I know the answer but have to ask because I don't know what AVR you use and the solution you have in the OP is using switches etc... so, what sound mode do you use when you're switching to more speakers or less?

Let's say you switch between 7.1 and 2.0, do you just manually switch the speakers and run with it?

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
He doesn't know what "Sound Mode" means.

Direct
Pure Direct
Stereo
7Ch Stereo
Standard
Dolby Digital
DTS
Dolby ProLogic

He doesn't know what "Various Configurations" mean either.

Hey, was that "obtuse" line from "The Shawshank Redemption" ? :D
Yes, it was and it screamed a need to be used here. ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is your response? Have you actually read what you posted and continually refer to as the "OP"? Explain how leaving the AVR alone, you go from multi-channel to 2.0/3.0 etc without adjusting the AVR? I believe I know the answer but have to ask because I don't know what AVR you use and the solution you have in the OP is using switches etc... so, what sound mode do you use when you're switching to more speakers or less?

Let's say you switch between 7.1 and 2.0, do you just manually switch the speakers and run with it?
Kinda rude to answer a question with a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis