MAXIMIZING THE USEFULNESS OF A HOME THEATER WITH 2 CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Guuuys!! The benefit is that you get to use'em! I mean, c'mon!

I just stumbled upon this thread and went through most of it in one go waiting to finally get the answer. Nightmare. I believe he has a "center speakers shop". That must be it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Guuuys!! The benefit is that you get to use'em! I mean, c'mon!

I just stumbled upon this thread and went through most of it in one go waiting to finally get the answer. Nightmare. I believe he has a "center speakers shop". That must be it.
Good thinkin! Gotta find a link to that.
How did you like the lobotomy that is this thread? Good stuff!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I'm nowhere near even considering HT, I simply don't enjoy it. I like to read these threads, though, and I've noticed that hours of reading, even if it's not about components of your system broadens the understanding. I'm also not into DIY, but I've read the BSC article, why not. It is interesting. And eventually it CAN help you with other things; BSC article lead me to info on insulation thickness needed for certain frequencies and that saved me some money;). So I was waiting and waiting to finally see what it's about...

I guess this one was more about people:D

D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
I do realize that there are the same few people posting throughout the forums, cluttering threads

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I do realize that there are the same few people posting throughout the forums, cluttering threads
You do realize that one of those links led to a forum that's an entirely different forum? Nobody from here posted in that thread.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If you really want to popularize your idea, you need to tangibly show the improvements made with acoustic measurements. You are asking people to go through a convoluted wiring scheme to have a better center speaker dispersion, and they only have your word to take for it. Show us the improvement via measurements, and then you will be taken seriously. A lot of people come by these forums with crazy claims, but they never have any measurements to back their claims up. If you actually put the effort into measuring your idea vs standard center speaker responses, that you would be the first guy to actually back up your crazy claim. I am willing to give you some measuring advice if you are willing to go through the trouble. I don't think your idea has any merit, but I am willing to be proven wrong if you are willing to provide evidence. Remember that since you are the one putting forward the claim, the burden of proof rests with you.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
But the first example is a guy that wants better sound of speach... He just needs to switch the mode of listening. Surely you can agree that switching from one mode to another is infinitely less costly and as much less complicated?

As soon as I switch from music to movies
upload_2017-5-17_14-10-11.jpeg

(and I do know this is not the "state-of-the-art" level) I get clear human speech up front. You're telling me go and buy two extra speakers??

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
You have been asked questions and you ignore them instead choosing to post links to others that may "supposedly" benefit and you do so without explanation as if your OP was all that and a bag of chips in explanation.

Do you use Stereo for all of your configurations or do you change sound modes with each? Simple question that you seem incapable of answering.

You postulate, nothing more. If you're going to post a theory and continue to point at it via the OP, you should also be prepared to defend the theory with facts or you're just another troll.

So, can you answer the question(s) or not?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Oh my! Hilarious. Been gone a while, and this is what I come back to. Wow!

I don't suppose he'll answer, but I'd like to know what AVR and speakers the OP is using. Perhaps 2 Bose Centers would sound better than one. And it may be revealing that he doesn't seem to understand the AVR mode question.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
Oh my! Hilarious. Been gone a while, and this is what I come back to. Wow!

I don't suppose he'll answer, but I'd like to know what AVR and speakers the OP is using. Perhaps 2 Bose Centers would sound better than one. And it may be revealing that he doesn't seem to understand the AVR mode question.
Oh his posts have been revealing alright! :rolleyes:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Oh his posts have been revealing alright! :rolleyes:

Yep. I think he just likes to come and swat the beehive once in a while. Have you checked the avs thread lately? I wonder how the traffic is on that thread. Pretty quiet las I saw...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep. I think he just likes to come and swat the beehive once in a while. Have you checked the avs thread lately? I wonder how the traffic is on that thread. Pretty quiet las I saw...
It was pretty quiet until someone stirred the pot a little... lol

Some of these replies seem very familiar...

"Good grief. That thread reminded me of having a root canal without anesthetic." (after being linked to this thread)

"How to maximize usefulness of home theater with 2 center channel speakers?
Easy, sell one center channel."

:p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Boom! This!
I laughed when I saw that quote over there. This reminds me of some of the cable debate threads I've seen. Ah non cable guy:"hey where's your measurements?" Cable guy: "don't need any, just try em for yourself. Don't like, send em back" rinse and repeat. It has been kinda fun though. You guys are clever wit da jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis