Zack Snyder’s “Rebel Moon” movie franchise on Netflix

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Finally watched RMII. IMHO it was better than part I. I found it entertaining. It was surely not a blockbuster, but then again it wasn't made for the big screen. I suppose it's the modern day version of a made-for-tv-movie.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Directors cut has release date of August 2. Movies get renamed as Chapter One: Chalice of Blood and Chapter Two: Curse of Forgiveness.

source: Variety

D

dolynick

Audioholic
The biggest problem I can remember from watching part 2 was that it was the same scene over and over again. Slow-mo charge into flying glowing shots, scream-face, front kick. Repeat with next characte, except maybe tanks firing instead of infantry or vice versa. Or at least that's what it felt like, over and over in the main battle..

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
The biggest problem I can remember from watching part 2 was that it was the same scene over and over again. Slow-mo charge into flying glowing shots, scream-face, front kick. Repeat with next characte, except maybe tanks firing instead of infantry or vice versa. Or at least that's what it felt like, over and over in the main battle..
That's called the "Snyder Special". He loves using it for his Netflix movies. :p :p

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Directors cut has release date of August 2. Movies get renamed as Chapter One: Chalice of Blood and Chapter Two: Curse of Forgiveness.

I'm going to hold off watching Pt 2. Will wait for the R-rated versions in August. This series should've been R-rated from the beginning. You could tell in the first one it was edited a ton to get it down to PG-13 level.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
That's called the "Snyder Special". He loves using it for his Netflix movies. :p :p
Then he needs to come up with more than on or two things to actually film in slow-mo because it's pedantic and mind-numbing the way it's used in RM2. The problem isn't the effect so much as his choice of use.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Then he needs to come up with more than on or two things to actually film in slow-mo because it's pedantic and mind-numbing the way it's used in RM2. The problem isn't the effect so much as his choice of use.
Randomly popped into my head, but this movie would’ve been a lot of fun with kill Bill style violence

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The Snyder Special was a tired trope like 5 or 6 movies ago. It just feels like laziness now.
True, but he may just be another victim of the studio getting their hands into the mix and screwing up the movie. Happens to often. Granted, he could have just done a lazy edit to get it to PG-13, which sucks.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
True, but he may just be another victim of the studio getting their hands into the mix and screwing up the movie. Happens to often. Granted, he could have just done a lazy edit to get it to PG-13, which sucks.
In films like Sucker Punch, 300 and Watchmen, it was effective and made a point. Now it feels like he needs to jam it in there like it is his signature. But now it just seems to be there because he thinks it makes a scene more dramatic, which in the case of the first one was a big fail. If it isn't highlighting something specific that is significant to the scene or story, then what is the point? "oooh slo-mo, i am cool" :rolleyes:

I agree, the studio probably is responsible for the edits that made it worse, but it doesn't seem like it was great to start with.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Are those two chapters the two present movies remade into the "Director's cut"?
Or the 2nd movie with two halves.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
I will probably give both a re-watch with the extended cuts.

I do appreciate the extended cuts he did of Batman v Superman and Justice League.
I won't have high expectations, but hopefully there's some overall improvement.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I couldn't even finish the first one in it's original version and I haven't even bothered to try watching the second one. I can't imagine adding another hour or so of slo mo would make them more watchable.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you made a good movie, editing it down to something manageable shouldn't make it that bad. That means it was never good to begin with. Netflix bought another clunker.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis