Zack Snyder’s “Rebel Moon” movie franchise on Netflix

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Snyder’s comments related to his longer, R-rated cut of Rebel moon.

"Way more brutal. More bizarre. Verhoeven-esque. More RoboCop than you know... in the way that is uses violence as another character. And there's a lot of sex in it, and Sci-Fi fantasy"

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

"Way more brutal. More bizarre. Verhoeven-esque. More RoboCop than you know... in the way that is uses violence as another character. And there's a lot of sex in it, and Sci-Fi fantasy"
Love it. Can't wait.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Conceived as a Star Wars story years ago, it borrows heavily, ok, rips off more of it and other fantasy and sci-fi properties than you can count. But, there was enough audio and video candy there to keep me from turning it off. Though, just one more slow mo shot might have made me do it. A little bit of that goes a very long way Zack. Still, I’ll stomach those moments before ever watching Darth Vader scream “Nooooooo!!!!!” ever again.;)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Conceived as a Star Wars story years ago, it borrows heavily, ok, rips off more of it and other fantasy and sci-fi properties than you can count. But, there was enough audio and video candy there to keep me from turning it off. Though, just one more slow mo shot might have made me do it. A little bit of that goes a very long way Zack. Still, I’ll stomach those moments before ever watching Darth Vader scream “Nooooooo!!!!!” ever again.;)
1703559425397.jpeg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Violence as a "character" won't help when nearly every character is popped out of a cookie cutter. There was approximately .1% character development lol.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I liked it but was slow in the beginning. Not sure I would want a longer version unless they break it up into episodes, but maybe show the blood and guts and make it rated R. Like Saving Private Ryan style. LOL. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it tonight. The soundtrack was killer, the CGI extremely good. I also liked the story line. I think the ending was a little cheesy but I wont mention it to prevent spoiling it for others.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I started watching it and then just stopped and re-watched some Akira Kurosawa. Might as well watch the original and not a remake.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
I think that the soundtrack is the best that I've ever heard on Netflix.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I watched it tonight. The soundtrack was killer, the CGI extremely good. I also liked the story line. I think the ending was a little cheesy but I wont mention it to prevent spoiling it for others.
My take on the ending is they wanted the movie (chapter?) to have an ending rather than end on a cliffhanger. I actually appreciated that they did it that way. Corny or not. I've watched too many movies and shows over the last few years that ended on a cliffhanger then vanished into the ether never to be seen again.

D

dolynick

Full Audioholic
Most of the critiques of Rebel Moon are valid, imo. It borrows heavily, doesn't really do much original and has this weird idosyncracy of being hyper violent in its action seens, yet almost nearly bloodless.

Still, it was an enjoyable enough popcorn flick with tons of eye and ear candy. I'm sure I'll watch it again at some point and will certainly watch the following films if/when they release.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I learned a new term :) HATEWATCHING - watching something with the intent of getting amusement from the mockery of its content. This term seems to be associated quite a bit with Rebel Moon.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I started watching it and then just stopped and re-watched some Akira Kurosawa. Might as well watch the original and not a remake.
I saw his Seven Samurai and Ikiru. I almost watched Yojimbo (and still planning to). Are there any other of his movies you'd recommend?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

Seriously, why is there always 2 movies with Snyder, twice the crap?...sex and violence won't save this train wreck lol

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Seriously, why is there always 2 movies with Snyder, twice the crap?...sex and violence won't save this train wreck lol
Will it be entertaining? May have to watch it by myself.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Will it be entertaining? May have to watch it by myself.
IMO, Rebel Moon might be one of Snyder’s worst. :D

But for some weird unexplained reasons, my wife loved this movie (and she hates Sci-Fi). :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis