speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I've mentioned this before, but the last time in theaters for me was American Gangster. I don't remember when that was out. I thought Wall-E would get me back, but mixed reviews here has me waiting for BD release.

Dark Knight will probably get me to go. I will now only see movies with digital projector, or possibly IMAX, for the same price. Regular theaters are soooo much worse in PQ an AQ than my HT. Digital pj shows are the same price here, at least at the same cineplex. But those cineplex/super-malls around me with digital projectors... Im not looking forward to trying to park.... what a zoo...

Even then, I have worries along the lines of j_garcia's complaints. Long lines, sticky floors, annoying people, forced to watch xx minutes of previews, newspaper ads, coca cola ads, etc. I remember at a LOTR viewing, a lady brought in a baby. Of course it was bawling, wtf. Or the pre-teen at Independence Day with a VERY LOUD phone going off in his pocket. My whole row, and others in other rows, turned staring at him. He was completely oblivious and didnt even know his phone was ringing, but half the rest of the theater did. :mad:

Even at American Gangster, IIRC being the film, the dude behind me was a truly gifted popcorn cruncher/smacker. I had turned my head around a couple of times, and it was sorta funny seeing his s.o. elbowing him. She was thinking the same thing I was, heh. :rolleyes:

I once heard a disgruntled employee admitting to having urinated in the middle of the theater. :eek:

For the price of one large coke, I could drink a six-er at home and not get arrested. :p

It will be interesting to see how long it will take for 3-D to become widespread in any way. Theaters need to do something or other to stay in business.
Hi Jost and thanks for sharing. All points well taken. The people issues can ruin a fun day for sure. However, I go early when there are not as many people to deal with. On a rare occasion, I will even buy some popcorn and a soft drink which comes with free refills. Most of the time, I just watch and leave. But, viewing at home alleviates many of these issues as well as allows one to save some money.

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I will most likely go see Dark Knight, but will likely rent X-Files even though I am interested in it. Wall-E won't get me out to the theater because I don't want to be there with a bunch of kids... I tended to see movies at the earliest showings on the weekend to get matinee price and because there are less people there. We didn't have anything going on Friday because nothing great came out on BD (besides Batman Begins) and I wanted to see Hellboy, so we hit the trenches.

J

johnjsr

Audiophyte
need suggestion

Hi,

My name is john. I am new in this forum. Am working in a software field . Actually i want a sugestion from you guys. I am planning to give my brother on his anniversary gifts So i was in very much confused state but thanks to them. I got a large variety of gifts & finally bought from here. My brother was so excited o see this what can i say now. i don't have any words. I just can say thanks & i can advice you go for this.

Thanks

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
I like your signature ...

Thanks for sharing Midcow. It sounds like you prefer to watch at home as opposed to going to the theater. Nothing wrong with that at all. Appreciate you posting.

Cheers,

Phil

I like your signature ... "It is far better to get the components YOU like best and the equipment YOU prefer THAN to get what "most others" are getting thus only YOU truly know what YOU prefer."

This may sound funny or trivial, but I like to watch golf on TV and I knew I had picked the speakers I wanted when I could hear distinctly the "swish" sound of a driver hitting a perfect drive. Before, I had only heard it live ;) Other people audtion other sounds; to each his own ;)

Yes, I like to watch movies at home; on DVD you can pause and then start up again. I also search DishNetwork for good movies. I have a 722 DVR and it autoamtically is temporarily recording what you watch so I can pause anything I am watching. This is convenient if you get a phone call or the dog wants to go out!

I used to go to the movie theater because of the superb picture and superb sound; that distinction is not there so much anymore.

Anyone remember what a drive-in movie was ? Especially when you were a teenager :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I will most likely go see Dark Knight, but will likely rent X-Files even though I am interested in it. Wall-E won't get me out to the theater because I don't want to be there with a bunch of kids... I tended to see movies at the earliest showings on the weekend to get matinee price and because there are less people there. We didn't have anything going on Friday because nothing great came out on BD (besides Batman Begins) and I wanted to see Hellboy, so we hit the trenches.
Yeak Dark Knight is a sure thing for me. The X-Files is also a sure thing. I will wait for Wall-E to come out for home release. But, I do like the way you think John. Wall-E would surely be full of kids so why even bother. Thanks for sharing yet again my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hi,

My name is john. I am new in this forum. Am working in a software field . Actually i want a sugestion from you guys. I am planning to give my brother on his anniversary gifts So i was in very much confused state but thanks to them. I got a large variety of gifts & finally bought from here. My brother was so excited o see this what can i say now. i don't have any words. I just can say thanks & i can advice you go for this.

Thanks
Hi John. No offense but I am very confused here???? :confused::confused: Ummmm what are you asking? Care to be a bit more specific or ask clearly? Perhaps, we may be able to help you then. Welcome to the forum.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I like your signature ... "It is far better to get the components YOU like best and the equipment YOU prefer THAN to get what "most others" are getting thus only YOU truly know what YOU prefer."

This may sound funny or trivial, but I like to watch golf on TV and I knew I had picked the speakers I wanted when I could hear distinctly the "swish" sound of a driver hitting a perfect drive. Before, I had only heard it live ;) Other people audtion other sounds; to each his own ;)

Yes, I like to watch movies at home; on DVD you can pause and then start up again. I also search DishNetwork for good movies. I have a 722 DVR and it autoamtically is temporarily recording what you watch so I can pause anything I am watching. This is convenient if you get a phone call or the dog wants to go out!

I used to go to the movie theater because of the superb picture and superb sound; that distinction is not there so much anymore.

Anyone remember what a drive-in movie was ? Especially when you were a teenager :D
Thanks Midcow for the compliment. Staying in and watching a movie does have many advantages as you have already pointed out. Thus, it never hurts to save a few pennies either. Right now, my money is so tight every penny counts. Thanks for sharing with us again my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I recall an old teacher (who I assume is no longer with us) recounting going to the movies as a kid. He said it cost a dime, and then you get your choice of either Hershey's or Mr Goodbar. :rolleyes: :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I recall an old teacher (who I assume is no longer with us) recounting going to the movies as a kid. He said it cost a dime, and then you get your choice of either Hershey's or Mr Goodbar. :rolleyes: :D
Yeah, my Mom says stuff like that all the time. Guess, those must of had been the good ole days. Too bad it is not that cheap now. :p:p If it were, I would go more often. I am sure many other would do the same.

Cheers,

Phil

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Phil, I thoroughly enjoy your threads. I really like how you make them into a conversation.

Thanks!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Either Free (only when I go with one friend) or $11.95.

One day you'll have baller status like I do.

SheepStar

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I have no idea what movies cost here. I haven't set foot in a commercial theater in upwards of a decade. That is really the point of having a home theater, isn't it?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, I thoroughly enjoy your threads. I really like how you make them into a conversation.

Thanks!
Well thank you Adam as that is the nicest thing you have ever said to me...........LOL!!!!! :p:p No really, I appreciate the compliment.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Either Free (only when I go with one friend) or $11.95.

One day you'll have baller status like I do.

SheepStar
LOL..........okay sheep. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have no idea what movies cost here. I haven't set foot in a commercial theater in upwards of a decade. That is really the point of having a home theater, isn't it?
Hi Joe you make a good point. However, some movies just look too good for me to wait until they come out on home release. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Phil

J

johnjsr

Audiophyte
Hi John. No offense but I am very confused here???? :confused::confused: Ummmm what are you asking? Care to be a bit more specific or ask clearly? Perhaps, we may be able to help you then. Welcome to the forum.

Cheers,

Phil
Hi Phill,

sorry if i made some post which is irrelevant to post.

JSR Solution

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
Well, work closed early yesterday so I once again went to see a movie. I paid $6.75 for the movie which was a 3:30 showing. Went and seen Hell Boy 2. I noticed, that if I get to see a movie before 12:00 Noon it is only $5.50. On rare occasions, if you see the 10:30 am show it is only $4.00. These price are reasonable given that everything seems to be going up. Just today I went and seen The Strangers at another movie place and it was only $3.25 for the 1:10 showing. Of course, if you get a drink and some pop corn be prepared to spend another $8.00 or so which I think is too much. :eek::eek: Anyways, just curious as to how much some of you pay where you go?? It will be interesting to see just how much the differences are. Please share with us.

Cheers,

Phil
I haven't been to a movie theater for probably 15 years. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hi Phill,

sorry if i made some post which is irrelevant to post.

JSR Solution
No problem John. Just wanted some clarification. I am glad you were able to find the right gifts. Welcome to the forum. Here, you will find a lot of helpful guys. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis