speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, work closed early yesterday so I once again went to see a movie. I paid $6.75 for the movie which was a 3:30 showing. Went and seen Hell Boy 2. I noticed, that if I get to see a movie before 12:00 Noon it is only $5.50. On rare occasions, if you see the 10:30 am show it is only $4.00. These price are reasonable given that everything seems to be going up. Just today I went and seen The Strangers at another movie place and it was only $3.25 for the 1:10 showing. Of course, if you get a drink and some pop corn be prepared to spend another $8.00 or so which I think is too much. :eek::eek: Anyways, just curious as to how much some of you pay where you go?? It will be interesting to see just how much the differences are. Please share with us.

Cheers,

Phil

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I pay about $1.50 + electricity. The $1.50 is for Netflix. :)

I never go out to the movies. I just don't enjoy it. But I love watching at home.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I pay about $1.50 + electricity. The $1.50 is for Netflix. :)

I never go out to the movies. I just don't enjoy it. But I love watching at home.
I see. So basically you are a tight-wad eh? :p:p Just kidding my friend. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw Hellboy2 also on Fri. 10.25 regular price. I have 2 free any-movie passes, but each are for theaters that are much further than the one we went to. Matinee is still around $6, so while it is a savings, it isn't exactly cheap.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I saw Hellboy2 also on Fri. 10.25 regular price. I have 2 free any-movie passes, but each are for theaters that are much further than the one we went to. Matinee is still around $6, so while it is a savings, it isn't exactly cheap.
Thanks John for sharing. Not really sure about regular prices here locally as I never go.........LOL!!!! :p:p I am like Adam and a bit of a tight-wad.......hehe!!!! :D:D Just kidding Adam.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am cheap, but that's not why I stay home. :)
So why do you stay home then if you don't mind me asking? If so, just disregard the question my friend. Hope all is well.

Cheers,

Phil

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Most theaters around Baltimore seem to be in the $9 range now. Popcorn and sodas run in the $4- $5 range. In licensed theaters, a beer or glass of wine is about $5. Fortunately for me, I don't eat or drink in theaters. If the movie is worthy, I get too engrossed to consume.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I am like Adam and a bit of a tight-wad...
So why do you stay home then if you don't mind me asking?
Sure, first put me down, then get all nosey. It's go time. :D:D Of course, I'm just joking!

I stay home from the movies for various reasons. First and foremost, I don't like to leave my dog alone any more than I have to. I'm gone so much for work (especially with my two-hour commute), I feel guilty leaving her alone more than needed. Second, I just don't like going to movie theaters. They've certainly gotten better over the years, but there's always the chance that one or more people is just going to be loud and annoy me. That, and I can pause a movie when I'm at home - to get a snack, use the restroom, whatever. So much more convenient at home.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Most theaters around Baltimore seem to be in the $9 range now. Popcorn and sodas run in the $4- $5 range. In licensed theaters, a beer or glass of wine is about $5. Fortunately for me, I don't eat or drink in theaters. If the movie is worthy, I get too engrossed to consume.
Thanks skizzer for sharing. It sounds reasonable to me. I overheard someone today open up a can of soda during the movie. Much cheaper doing so. I have been known to bring in some candy just to ease my sweet-tooth so to speak. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sure, first put me down, then get all nosey. It's go time. :D:D Of course, I'm just joking!

I stay home from the movies for various reasons. First and foremost, I don't like to leave my dog alone any more than I have to. I'm gone so much for work (especially with my two-hour commute), I feel guilty leaving her alone more than needed. Second, I just don't like going to movie theaters. They've certainly gotten better over the years, but there's always the chance that one or more people is just going to be loud and annoy me. That, and I can pause a movie when I'm at home - to get a snack, use the restroom, whatever. So much more convenient at home.
Hmmm I understand. Nothing wrong with taking good care of the pooch. I also agree it is nice to just pause the movie while you take care of some business if you know what I mean. Besides, saving money is also a big help now days. Thanks once again Adam for sharing my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
No thanks needed, my man. Sharing my "feelings" is court ordered thanks to my therapist.

[No, not really...]
Oh man you have one too? Shoot, the way things are nowadays we all need one. :p:p

Cheers,

Phil

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Actually, no therapist for me. Although my sister-in-law did mention to me at her wedding that I should get one. Good times. :D

Sorry, I'm derailing your thread about movie costs. :eek:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Actually, no therapist for me. Although my sister-in-law did mention to me at her wedding that I should get one. Good times. :D

Sorry, I'm derailing your thread about movie costs. :eek:
Yeah, when I went through my first divorce I had to seek some counseling. Did not need with my second..........LOL!!!!! :D:D You are not derailing this thread-just keeping it interesting.

Cheers,

Phil

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
I have started doing NetFlix and also seniors discount

I have been doing NetFlix and also some old codger rates at movies. After fixing up my HT, if the movies is avaialble ( very new ones aren't) then I enjoy watching Netflix, expecially Blu Ray. Watched a Paramont movie recently that was touting HD ( which we all know has fell by the wayside), and I know the movie was just regular STD but is seemed to sound excellent. A flick for the wife to enjoy also "Rumor Has It"

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I rent or buy mostly also, but not having gone to the theaters in a while I felt I would venture out for a few. The people are the main reason I don't go. Wanted wasn't an issue at all, but the Hellboy crowd were a bunch of morons. People (teens) texting an walking in and out for the whole movie. What the heck do you go to a movie for if you aren't going to watch it?

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I've mentioned this before, but the last time in theaters for me was American Gangster. I don't remember when that was out. I thought Wall-E would get me back, but mixed reviews here has me waiting for BD release.

Dark Knight will probably get me to go. I will now only see movies with digital projector, or possibly IMAX, for the same price. Regular theaters are soooo much worse in PQ an AQ than my HT. Digital pj shows are the same price here, at least at the same cineplex. But those cineplex/super-malls around me with digital projectors... Im not looking forward to trying to park.... what a zoo...

Even then, I have worries along the lines of j_garcia's complaints. Long lines, sticky floors, annoying people, forced to watch xx minutes of previews, newspaper ads, coca cola ads, etc. I remember at a LOTR viewing, a lady brought in a baby. Of course it was bawling, wtf. Or the pre-teen at Independence Day with a VERY LOUD phone going off in his pocket. My whole row, and others in other rows, turned staring at him. He was completely oblivious and didnt even know his phone was ringing, but half the rest of the theater did. :mad:

Even at American Gangster, IIRC being the film, the dude behind me was a truly gifted popcorn cruncher/smacker. I had turned my head around a couple of times, and it was sorta funny seeing his s.o. elbowing him. She was thinking the same thing I was, heh. :rolleyes:

I once heard a disgruntled employee admitting to having urinated in the middle of the theater. :eek:

For the price of one large coke, I could drink a six-er at home and not get arrested. :p

It will be interesting to see how long it will take for 3-D to become widespread in any way. Theaters need to do something or other to stay in business.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have been doing NetFlix and also some old codger rates at movies. After fixing up my HT, if the movies is avaialble ( very new ones aren't) then I enjoy watching Netflix, expecially Blu Ray. Watched a Paramont movie recently that was touting HD ( which we all know has fell by the wayside), and I know the movie was just regular STD but is seemed to sound excellent. A flick for the wife to enjoy also "Rumor Has It"
Thanks for sharing Midcow. It sounds like you prefer to watch at home as opposed to going to the theater. Nothing wrong with that at all. Appreciate you posting.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I rent or buy mostly also, but not having gone to the theaters in a while I felt I would venture out for a few. The people are the main reason I don't go. Wanted wasn't an issue at all, but the Hellboy crowd were a bunch of morons. People (teens) texting an walking in and out for the whole movie. What the heck do you go to a movie for if you aren't going to watch it?
You know John I can relate to what you are saying. I prefer to watch at home for the most part. However, lately I have been wanting to go to the theaters more. I usually go to the earliest show possible when the theater is not that crowded. By doing so, I avoid the people issues and actually have a good time for the most part. I plan to see The Dark Knight this week and the new X-Files the week after. Once done, I plan to chill for a while unless something really really good comes out that I want to see. Thanks for sharing and posting John.

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis