Your favorite Brew?

Whats your favorite brew?

• Total voters
Autofac

Autofac

Enthusiast
I drink a lot of European beer; Heineken, Becks and Stella mostly.

However in the interest of price and also of great quality beer I drink Alexander Keith's. It's not too prevalent in western Canada, and I've heard it's much much shittier out there, but it's the lifeblood of the Maritimes.

Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
Korsendunk (sp) is my favorite beer.
Just had some 1812 Amber from our local brewery...Sacketts Harbor Brewery...quite good.

D

dd24skater

Enthusiast
Sheep said:
Hey there,

As I sit here, drinking one of my favorite brews (Kokanee) I was wondering to myself, "I wonder what the other Audioholics like to drink".

So here it is, A poll thread (my first). If your brew is not up there, Select the other function and tells us about it! And if your choice is here, tell us why you like it! :)

NOTE: Multiple choice poll. If you like more then one, click it!

SheepStar

Captian Morgan

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
New Glarus Spotted Cow has been a favorite of mine now for a few years. I try many others whenever I can, but I just love the Spotted Cow.

Spotted Cow

It says it is "fruity", but that is misleading. It is not. The aftertaste is slightly sweet and the yeast in the brew adds a great flavor, but the brew is not a "fruity beer".

Try it. If you are a yeasty ale fan, you'll love this.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
mikeyj92 said:
New Glarus Spotted Cow has been a favorite of mine now for a few years. I try many others whenever I can, but I just love the Spotted Cow.

Spotted Cow

It says it is "fruity", but that is misleading. It is not. The aftertaste is slightly sweet and the yeast in the brew adds a great flavor, but the brew is not a "fruity beer".

Try it. If you are a yeasty ale fan, you'll love this.

When we visited my Brother and his family in Ripon, WI over the summer he suggested Spotted Cow. Very nice beer.:) I wish I would have had more time there to sample more of the local brews.:(

Thanks...I couldn't remember the brewery...I have to see if the local beer distributor can get me some. (I always forget to ask my bro about it)

Thinking of Wisconsin:confused: ,
SBF1

P

p38

Enthusiast
anamorphic96 said:
Franzkaner is my favorite along with Guiness.

Franzkaner is a Belgium Heffweizen with a grat flavor and not as heavy as some of the other out there. Pyramid being one.

Guiness needs no explanation. It tastes great and will cure an upset stomach really well. It's almost like food in a way.

I usually drink Guiness alot more in the winter when it's cold. The Franzkaner is great during Spring and Summer. Now if it's hot as hell I will go with Coors Light. Sounds crazy but it's crisp and light with a nice flavor. Goes really well with chili.

I also like sippin on whiskey.
Now your talkin, Blue Moon also. If I knew I was going to live this long, I would of took better care of myself, and drank for lite beer.

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
p38 said:
Now your talkin, Blue Moon also. If I knew I was going to live this long, I would of took better care of myself, and drank for lite beer.
Blue Moon is very nice.

I prefer it without the orange slice though.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Kai said:
Just had some 1812 Amber from our local brewery...Sacketts Harbor Brewery...quite good.
+1, but I'm a bigger fan of their dark Railroad Red.

Of the mass-market stuff I normally go for Killian's Irish Red.

I'm still looking for a reliable absinthe seller.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Guiness of course, second preference a "black and tan"
1/2 Guiness 1/2 Harp Lager (if no Harp lager, any quality lager will do) but Guiness must always be one of the components. BTW if in Ireland never ever ask for a black and tan (it wouldn't be good for you;) ) instead ask for a half and half.:D

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

BTW, I may have found a source for Absinthe, I'm gonna order some this weekedn, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I had a Lowenbrau yesturday. It was alright, but warm, and in a can. Big No No as far as I'm concerned.

SheepStar

D

davo

Full Audioholic
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
BTW, I may have found a source for Absinthe, I'm gonna order some this weekedn, I'll let you know how it turns out.

See if the label says what the 'special' ingredient is, the hallucinagen. We can't get the real stuff in Oz because it's illegal.

Being in Oz and reading this thread reminds me of a monty python classic line...

English man "Your beer is like making love in a canoe"
American "What do you mean?"
English man "It's f..king close to water"

:D

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Corona (with or without lime) in the summer, Sam Adams Winter Lager in the winter, and pretty much anything cold.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Sapporo, Guiness Stout, Beck's Dark, Dinckel Acker and St. Pauli Girl to name a few.

sleeper

sleeper

Audioholic Intern
mmm... beeeeer.

I prefer Coors Light and Labatt Ice. It has to be cold and has to be from a bottle.

sleeper:)

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

davo said:
See if the label says what the 'special' ingredient is, the hallucinagen. We can't get the real stuff in Oz because it's illegal.
Yeah its illegal here too. It was originally banned because it was putting vineyards out of business, a smear campaign ensued (Its hallucinogenic! It causes seizures!) and the liquor was never re-legalised after Prohibition ended. (Its somewhat similar to marijuana's history in the 20th century). However law enforcement doesn't care anymore, and getting the stuff delivered to my door has been no more difficult than ordering any other product online.

But governments like tax money and absinthe has been re-legalized in many European countries so they can get their share of it. Oddly, its illegal to sell the stuff in France, but not illegal to manufacture and export it (!?!). And france its the world's current largest supplier of the beverage.

I've been enjoying La Fee Parisian', and don't really find it any more mind-altering than any other 130-proof liquor (Its served cut with sugar-water). But it looks nice and its fun to collect sugar-spoons.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
davo said:

Being in Oz and reading this thread reminds me of a monty python classic line...

English man "Your beer is like making love in a canoe"
American "What do you mean?"
English man "It's f..king close to water"

:D
The so-called hallucegenic is wormwood (a plant), more precisely "THUJONE" is the chemical, once thought to be hallucegenic and addictive, it's been dispproven, absinthe is no more harmful than your high alcohol drink. Similar in taste to anisette, absinthe is not considered a true licquor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis