G

galindez

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Hawk,

Thanks for the info on the dimming feature.
Does this mode also bypass the PEQ or GEQ settings?

Have you had a chance to evaluate/compare the auto PEQ settings for your room with them on/off?
As you see from my last post they can really attenuate various freqs. I would be great if you can check out how it is performing using a sprectrum analyzer for before and after. Of course we would want to see the pictures of the spectrum analyzer display across the 20-20KHz setting.

One other question. Is there a way to remotely switch A/B on the receiver?

Thanks again</font>

G

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
hawke : <font color='#000000'>db,

DPL IIx is a new Dolby DSP that essentailly does what DPL II does, BUT does it in a way that is optimized for 7.1, not just 5.1. This is very cool for people who have 7.1 already set up in their home.

galindez,

Pure Direct mode is a mode that routes audio directly to your speakers, bypassing all DSP. Many receivers attempt to further reduce interference by dimming or turning off the display in this mode. What you are experiencing is perfectly normal and actually pretty cool.

You may also have found an error in the manual as the 1400 has no Zone 3 - the 2400 does, however. We'll look into this and report it to Yamaha.</font>
<font color='#000000'>Thanks Hawke!

One more question, does Yamaha sell any amps in the US that have DPL IIx? &nbsp;I just set up a media room in my house for a 7.1 system, so I'm now wondering if I should wait for the 2400 to integrate this technology, or maybe upgrade to a higher end amp? &nbsp;Any info and insight would be appreciated!

Regards,
Don</font>

G

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : <font color='#000000'>I checked yesterday with Yamaha support regarding the DPL IIX issue.  They expect models to come out in November (exact date uncertain) in the U.S. with DPL IIX.  Those who already purchased the new receivers will be able to receive a free upgrade (consumer must only pay postage to ship to Yamaha -- Yamaha will return ship for free).</font>
<font color='#000000'>wrmjr,

Do you know if it will be obvious -- whether by model number change or packaging -- that the 2400 has this technology? &nbsp;I really don't want to buy a new amp, have my room set-up, and then have to repackage it and send it back to yamaha -- guessing it takes the standard 6-8 weeks for upgrade. &nbsp;Any more info on this subject?

Thanks!

db</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I have had the Yamaha RX-V1400 for a month.  I use it as the pre/pro.  Since my plasma TV has only 1 video component input, I use the video up conversion feature.  However, I have noticed that some channels flicker badly.  When I bypass the receiver by hooking the S-video directly into the plasma, all channels works fine.  I'll contact the Yamaha tomorrow, but does any one experience similar problem?  Either I have a defective unit or the new unit still has bug.  Please advise. Lej1447@adelphia.net</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I contacted the Yamaha. &nbsp;The rep took my info and forwarded to the engineer dept. &nbsp;I contacted my dealer, which I bought from, and the tech guy asked me to go through all different possible combo setup to make sure that it was not the Yammie. &nbsp;My current setup was cable box into VRC, which goes into TV. &nbsp;With such setup, some channels flicker. &nbsp;If I bypass the receiver and hook the &nbsp;video from VCR up to the plasma, all channel work fine. &nbsp;If I run the cable box into the receiver (bypassing the VCR), all channels work fine. &nbsp;Therefore, I took out the VCR. &nbsp;I guess it's time to look into Tivo. &nbsp;Can't have my cake and eat it too, I suppose.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>Arrgh..where's that review? &nbsp;I'm very curious to see what this site thinks of this receiver. &nbsp;

Later,

Nick</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>Dude's, I just finished my room and hooked up the rx v-2400 Yamy. This thing is unreal. I am so, so satisfied with the sound.
I asked for your advice about a month ago, then traveled two hours to hear this machine.
I have so many choices as to how to listen to my music it is incredible (including 7.1 chanel Neo even tho it says 6.1)
I am still experimenting with the sound EQ etc.and all the fancy stuff that comes in this package I havent even used the optimizer yet.
Thanks LOADS Audioholics</font>

P

PaulF

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Glad to see you're enjoying your purchase. Also after about 3-6 months, pull out your user manual and flip through it again. You'll be amazed at what you forgot your receiver can do.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Hi Guys,

Further on the Dolby Pro-Logic IIx. &nbsp;I've emailed and received a reply from Yamaha. &nbsp;Make sure the box you purchase has a sticker with PLiix on it. &nbsp;That means the update has already been performed.

Hope it helps,

Matt</font>

M

mwc

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Gene,

I have my Yamaha RX-V2400 set to 6 ohm because all of my HT speakers are rated 6 ohm with the exception of the center which is rated 4 ohm. I read what you said about impedance selector switches: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is highly recommend to keep the impedance switch set to 8 ohms regardless of your speakers impedance and make sure your receiver has plenty of ventilation</td></tr></table>

Does this still hold true for the 2400? Should I change it to 8 ohm? I trust your judgment.</font>

<font color='#000080'>Keep it on 8-ohm. Unless you plan on blasting thr unit constantly at &quot;concert volume&quot; you will have no problems and the performance will be better. It's only there for FCC compliance.</font>

M

mwc

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Thanks Clint! I'm looking forward to the full review of the 2400. I hope it'll be soon.</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>Yeah switched my 1300 into the 4-4-6-6-6-6 Ohms setting, at 1/3 volume my speaker ran out of steam!

~Bob

BTW they are three Deftech PM200s</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis