Yamaha aventage Rx-1080 firmware issue

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Using the "pure direct" button I can get 2 channel audio out of it, I will post the solution as and when I deal with it (if nobody else gets there first)
Do a reset back to factory defaults. I would do the firmware updates after that with a WIRED connection.

It sounds as if your problem is in the audio multichannel processor, which direct mode bypasses. You can try at least three resets, if that does not solve it, it is repair or replacement time.

D

darren.k

Audiophyte
Ok, so the amp wouldn't reset to factory nor would it accept a USB formatted to FAT32 with the file in exactly the right place. I couldn't get the update to run in advanced setup on the front panel nor from the on-screen menu.

If this happens for anybody else then it seems a network (cable-connected not wireless) firmware update is the only thing that works. But at least it works. Thanks all.

J

Jerocks

Audiophyte
I've been struggling with this issue for a very long time. After giving up for a few months I gave it another try and after resetting back to factory and reinstalling a newer firmware version, it worked! But then after using it a few times, it stopped working again, and I am back to square 1. I just continually get the error message. Looks like I need to call Yamaha. Very frustrating.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I've been struggling with this issue for a very long time. After giving up for a few months I gave it another try and after resetting back to factory and reinstalling a newer firmware version, it worked! But then after using it a few times, it stopped working again, and I am back to square 1. I just continually get the error message. Looks like I need to call Yamaha. Very frustrating.
Yes, you will have to send it in for service.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Sounds like it’s time for a new main board on it I had one a few years ago I had to send in to a Yamaha service center was around 275.00 plus shipping yea they put a newer board and hdmi board upgraded it hey it works great . They are somewhat known for having main boards go bad .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis