Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Currently updating via Network. Last time the firmware wasn't popping so I used the usb update.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Hey! Mr. Coder Man! All that snow melted off your roof yet? Bonjour my friend!:);)
Yes ! I was ridding on the 5th of May and there was still some snow and ice on trails !!! Never got such a late spring here.

But now it's ok... Riding, workout, and listening to music : my TriForce

C

chapp

Audioholic
Updated a few days ago, but I have not noticed any difference from the prior one.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
If anyone is interested in a used Yamaha CX-A5200 processor, there is one on AVS Forums going for $1500/shipped. Not mine and don't know the person, but throwing it out to Yamaha fans. Looks like a good deal.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If anyone is interested in a used Yamaha CX-A5200 processor, there is one on AVS Forums going for $1500/shipped. Not mine and don't know the person, but throwing it out to Yamaha fans. Looks like a good deal.

The Yamaha CX-A is a fine fine AVP if I do say so myself. :D

Hopefully Yamaha will come out soon with the CX-A5300 with, you know, the usual 16CH and DIRAC. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
The Yamaha CX-A is a fine fine AVP if I do say so myself. :D

Hopefully Yamaha will come out soon with the CX-A5300 with, you know, the usual 16CH and DIRAC. :D
I concur.

CX-A5300 needs to come out. 16ch, DIRAC with all options (BASS calibration too) make all inputs HDMI 2.1. Add all major sound codecs, fast ass processor, IMAX options (cause why not?). Revamp the front to give it a cleaner look. Put a LCD display on the front and get rid of the big knob. Have an IP address based setup feature like Storm and Trinnov.

And price it all around $4k.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I concur.

CX-A5300 needs to come out. 16ch, DIRAC with all options (BASS calibration too) make all inputs HDMI 2.1. Add all major sound codecs, fast ass processor, IMAX options (cause why not?). Revamp the front to give it a cleaner look. Put a LCD display on the front and get rid of the big knob. Have an IP address based setup feature like Storm and Trinnov. Put a LCD display on the front and get rid of the big knob.

A display something like this,
Screenshot_20220608-134146~2.png

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
CX-A5300 needs to come out. 16ch, DIRAC with all options (BASS calibration too) make all inputs HDMI 2.1. Add all major sound codecs, fast ass processor, IMAX options (cause why not?). Revamp the front to give it a cleaner look. Put a LCD display on the front and get rid of the big knob. Have an IP address based setup feature like Storm and Trinnov.
5300 series should never come out before they sort out all hardware and software issues. It'd be embarrassing to ask $€£ 4K if VRR does not work properly, if Zone 2 port is HDMI 2.0 (18 Gbps), etc. You cannot advertize "all HDMI 2.1 40 Gbps ports" and then owners find out that reality is slightly different.

Sack marketing spin-doctors and get a grip on the accuracy of specifications. Treat customers as if they are tech savy rather than tech idiots.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You cannot advertize "all HDMI 2.1 ports" and then owners find out that reality is slightly different.
Isn't that what the HDMI Consortium people did, though? Make it possible to do just that as long as you have something on the checklist marked off? :rolleyes:

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Isn't that what the HDMI Consortium people did, though? Make it possible to do just that as long as you have something on the checklist marked off? :rolleyes:
I corrected the post. It was advertised as all 40 Gbps ports and Zone 2 does not get that bandwidth.

But you are right about moronic generic "HDMI 2.1". So much marketing abuse and confusion...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I concur.

Yeah, add VRR and all-40Gbps HDMI2.1 ports and everything else.

We’ll call it the “The Storm-Killer”. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yeah, add VRR and all-40Gbps HDMI2.1 ports and everything else.

We’ll call it the “The Storm-Killer”. :D
I’m down! Yamaha has the resources to pull this off. They could be the trend setters instead of the followers. Offer something nobody has for a super competitive price. Sales will skyrocket!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’m down! Yamaha has the resources to pull this off. They could be the trend setters instead of the followers. Offer something nobody has for a super competitive price. Sales will skyrocket!
It’s a bright new day. :D

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Sadly, AVR manufacturers have not been trend-setters due to heavy dependence on what TV industry does. For example, entire PC industry has video sources and displays predominantly with Display Port, yet no single AVR has those ports. As such, that new market is not available to AVR vendors and millions of PC users would never think of buying an AVR as it is not convenient to integrate those machine into PC home systems. Virtually every monitor has both HDMI and DP ports, for user flexibility. It's a norm. TVs have not been providing this flexibility and, by extension, AVRs have not either.

Until we get first TVs and projectors with DisplayPort, alongside HDMI, no AVR is going to intruduce them, unless, as you said, someone dares to become trend-setter. In recent years, vast marketing attempts have been made to sell AV gear to gamers with consoles. These attempts have been made with HDMI connectivity in mind only. Yet, the biggest source on potential new income from gamers comes from PC world where DisplayPort rules. There are many more gamers on PCs than on consoles. No one has dared to penetrate this market. This needs to change if AVR vendors want wider market and bigger revenues.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Long live the King!
Screenshot_20220609-073945~2.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis