Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
No new Denon / Marantz models coming this year, 2022 spring/summer is what D&M rep said at AVSForum.
Ooh! Is there a link you can share easily, please?

This may very well be one of the smartest decisions any of these companies might make!

xcomp666

xcomp666

Audiophyte
I am thinking about returning my Denon X4700H with this terrible HDMI adapter and get this Yamaha Rx-A6A( more powerful, more HDMI 2.1 ports, better customer service), But I’ve never had a Yamaha receiver before and I still have some concerns about this Ypao room correction. What do you guys think?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I am thinking about returning my Denon X4700H with this terrible HDMI adapter and get this Yamaha Rx-A6A( more powerful, more HDMI 2.1 ports, better customer service), But I’ve never had a Yamaha receiver before and I still have some concerns about this Ypao room correction. What do you guys think?
The new ypao is supposed to be way better on the newer top 3 models although the older versions aren’t that bad if you learn how to use the peq .

xcomp666

xcomp666

Audiophyte
The new ypao is supposed to be way better on the newer top 3 models although the older versions aren’t that bad if you learn how to use the peq .
How about the sound quality? I usually use my receiver 80% for music and 20% (games and Movies).

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
How about the sound quality? I usually use my receiver 80% for music and 20% (games and Movies).
I’ve had 0 complaints with the sound quality on mine sometimes it may take a couple adjustments of the sound fields but music or movies sound fantastic to me . I do feel there sound fields do need dialed back on some settings but every room is different. But distance and levels are spot on . Configurations for size and crossovers are never right on any manufacturer avrs . I use outboard amps with mine it’s a great sound . You will not be disappointed with the sound from a Yamaha or any other brands in a flagship avr .

Last edited:
C

clintbacca

Audiophyte
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a pre-order for the Aventage. Does anyone own previous gen now ? The thing that worries me is the 2.1 features are going to be unlocked via firmware update, and I have no experience with Yamaha and their support of existing products. Anyone got good or bad experiences with this ?

xcomp666

xcomp666

Audiophyte
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a pre-order for the Aventage. Does anyone own previous gen now ? The thing that worries me is the 2.1 features are going to be unlocked via firmware update, and I have no experience with Yamaha and their support of existing products. Anyone got good or bad experiences with this ?
I have the feeling that I am doing beta tests for Sound united and LG. Every month I got a different bug. This is something really annoying. That's one of the main reasons that I am looking for a revised HDMI 2.1 solution.

C

clintbacca

Audiophyte
I have the feeling that I am doing beta tests for Sound united and LG. Every month I got a different bug. This is something really annoying. That's one of the main reasons that I am looking for a revised HDMI 2.1 solution.
Yeah, 2.1 is a mess, and I'm nervous of being a tester even on wave 2 of these AVRs. The breakout box from D&M was a bit of a shock, but better than nothing. How much do you think the LG is part of the problem ?

Also, considering the new Onkyo because the 2.1 seems to already work flawlessly, but can't find anywhere to pre-order it. All this being said, my consoles are gonna cost me a fortune in HT upgrades, haha.

xcomp666

xcomp666

Audiophyte
Yeah, 2.1 is a mess, and I'm nervous of being a tester even on wave 2 of these AVRs. The breakout box from D&M was a bit of a shock, but better than nothing. How much do you think the LG is part of the problem ?

Also, considering the new Onkyo because the 2.1 seems to already work flawlessly, but can't find anywhere to pre-order it. All this being said, my consoles are gonna cost me a fortune in HT upgrades, haha.

I have randoms black screens situations playing PS5 games. Sometimes when I switch audio from TV (LG C9) to AVR( Denon x4700h). Sound no longer automatically switches to HDMI out (works fine with my old Marantz). Sometimes playing 120hz games the TV just turns off by itself. Man, there are numerous intermittent bugs. I already reported LG and D&M and both are pointing their fingers at each other. Basically, no one to take the blame.

E

EBN

Audioholic

This model likely got pushed to October and i`m not sure is the price 1100$ valid. I saw higher price somewhere, but better to ask AVScience they take pre-orders.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Question for the Yammie-Heads. ;)

I remember hearing many times over the past few years that there were stability issues with (some?) Yamaha AVRs not playing well when connecting to external Amps?
Is there any clarification that can be given to the veracity of those claims? Have they moved beyond?

I agree with Wookie, on paper these look super legit and potentially exciting.
While Denon seemed to have done an almost complete product overhaul last year (only 1600 and 8500 not refreshed?) and the only Marantz not updated was the AVP 8805... it will be interesting to see what SU announces for this year, especially considering the HDMI debacle that both Y and SU fell victim to.

At the very least, good room correction that could compete with Aud XT32 and the App.
I've owned Yamaha recievers for over 40 years, always connected to external amps. The only problem, if you can call it one is that some of the amps I had connected to them weren't driven to full output. But it was still more than enough for my listening room. Just as an aside, in 44 years of Yamaha ownership of Amps, receivers, and turntables, my total problems with them consisted of an R700 that I bought in 1979? had the nut holding the main volume control loosen up, and I'm not happy with YPAO correction at all. That's it. The only other manufacturer to come even close to the reliabilty of Yamaha is Technics/Panasonic. I have tape decks and a receiver from 1972 and another deck from 1979 that work fine today. My old R700 is alive and well in Australia now.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I’ve used Yamaha avrs for over 30 years with outboard amps way back with Soundcraftsmen , SAE , carvers I’ve never had an issue with driving them my present setup with Carver amps is maybe my stopping point in my search for outboard amperage.
I use outboard amps in my home and our garage system both with outboard amps never had a single issue . That’s not to say it can’t happen.

xcomp666

xcomp666

Audiophyte
My problem now is deciding which model to get. RX-A6A or RX-A6A? :rolleyes:

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Hopefully, they ain't full of Gremlins!! Then it'll be another RX-A1080 or RX-A2080.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis